Giveaway 2000th Post Giveaway (2 Viewers)

OK, I'll play. I'm OLD! and my memory is not so great, so an exact age or date is not going to be possible. But I've been playing various card games for as long as I can remember. Definitely before I had any actual money of my own. My Dad enjoyed gambling and cards and he taught me various card games as soon as I was able to hold them in my hands. I also played rummy games with my mom and my sister that was 10 years older than me. I seem to remember winning and losing pennies when we played. Then my sister got married when I was 10 and her husband also loved card games. Around then we started playing a game called pitch, which if I'm remembering correctly, did have a small monetary portion to the scoring. Nickels and dimes if I recall correctly. As a young teen, I earned cash delivering papers and odd jobs, so that's probably the first time my own money was at risk.

I don't remember exactly when I started playing poker, but my dad was in a regular poker group that did occasionally meet at our home. My first recollection of that was in high school. I would sometimes watch them play, but I never joined in, and we never played poker as a family back then. I did have a group of friends that would get together to play games, and sometimes we would play poker. I doubt that it was for more than a few dollars at a time. Probably no more than $5. This was in the 1970s.

After college, I moved away to Texas, and made friends with some people I worked with. One of them (don't even remember his name any more) hosted poker games every once in a while. There were no chips. We played with coins and currency. This was before Texas hold'em blew up and we played dealer's choice. Mostly draw and stud. To this day, I don't really care for those games, so that's probably why I don't remember it very well. I probably only played a few times before losing interest.

It wasn't until Hold'em became popular that I began to get really interested in poker. I think it was the early 2000s when I started playing free online NLHE with play money. About that same time I started buying some inexpensive plastic solid color diamond mold chips from a local gift store. Eventually I accumulated about 6-700 of them in probably 7-8 different colors, and I would use them to play family tournaments. Still very low stakes. Probably $5-10 buy ins. That was about it until I joined PCF in April of 2020. Once I got here, poker exploded for me, and became a huge part of my life.

P L A Y E R S

Screenshot_20240112_171741_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20240112_171629_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20240112_171519_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20240112_171441_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20240112_171337_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20240112_171152_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20240112_171052_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20240112_171000_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20240112_170844_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20240112_170825_Chrome.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom