Whats for Breakfast? (1 Viewer)

46432859-232F-4B3E-8F66-2483D80451AD.jpeg

Coffee, always coffee first. Typically a single origin Ethiopian or Kenyan with a bit of sugar free almond milk.

Currently a Peet’s coffee(local, Bay Area coffee chain) house blend brought to me by a house guest.

View attachment 130268

Coffee, always coffee first. Typically a single origin Ethiopian or Kenyan with a bit of sugar free almond milk.

Currently a Peet’s coffee(local, Bay Area coffee chain) house blend brought to me by a house guest.
I couldn’t agree more. Although I typically go with Maxwell House or Chock Full o’nuts, with a spoonful of Domino white granulated and a healthy splash of 2% milk.

I couldn’t agree more. Although I typically go with Maxwell House or Chock Full o’nuts, with a spoonful of Domino white granulated and a healthy splash of 2% milk.

My friend who is originally from upstate NY swears by Dunkin‘ Donuts coffee. She gets it shipped to her regularly by her fam. After trying it, gotta agree that it’s pretty solid, but I support local when I can.

Used to talk smack about it, now I’ll never talk smack about any type of coffee ever again. Even bad coffee is still coffee.

My friend who is originally from upstate NY swears by Dunkin‘ Donuts coffee. She gets it shipped to her regularly by her fam. After trying it, gotta agree that it’s pretty solid, but I support local when I can.

Used to talk smack about it, now I’ll never talk smack about any type of coffee ever again. Even bad coffee is still coffee.
Obviously I don’t care very much about what kind of coffee I drink, so I’m not the best judge. Dunkin Donuts coffee is good, but I’ve always suspected its popularity around here has more to do with the way they serve a “regular” around here - lots of sugar and heavy cream.

I will have to say, this is the way to enjoy coffee. Wth a little frothed milk and choose your strength depending on the mood.
6586E349-B5A4-490B-9BD5-CF78E13A7A13.jpeg

My friend who is originally from upstate NY swears by Dunkin‘ Donuts coffee. She gets it shipped to her regularly by her fam.

DD coffee is available in supermarkets at least everywhere east of the Mississippi, isn't it? It's certainly available everywhere on the east coast.

IMO, it used to be excellent, but quality took a nosedive around 1990. It's still OK for blending.

We buy most of our coffee from La Colombe in Philadelphia; Baltimore Coffee and Tea, which has the best selection of single-varietal decafs I've ever come across; or a local roaster.

I will have to say, this is the way to enjoy coffee. Wth a little frothed milk and choose your strength depending on the mood.
View attachment 130269

That reminds me, a new way to have coffee is to add an ounce and a half of rumchata with a quarter ounce of a spiced simple syrup. We tried vanilla spice simple syrup, shook it over ice and served it over ice. Tastes like a glass of Cinnamon Toast Crunch. You get childhood nostalgia, and 2 different types of adult beverage all in one glass.

Edit: it has a nice creamy, frothy head after shaking it.

Last edited:
DD coffee is available in supermarkets at least everywhere east of the Mississippi, isn't it? It's certainly available everywhere on the east coast.

IMO, it used to be excellent, but quality took a nosedive around 1990. It's still OK for blending.

e buy most of our coffee from La Colombe in Philadelphia; Baltimore Coffee and Tea, which has the best selection of single-varietal decafs I've ever come across; or a local roaster.

Pretty sure you’re right but it’s hard to find on the West Coast. I know it’s available a few places here now, but still very limited.

Nespresso pods are excellent -- so far superior to anything that comes in K-Cups. Yet American supermarkets and convenience stores carry only K-Cups. We are a nation of overwhelmingly stupid people led around by the noses by advertising.

OB poker: IMO, adding milk to coffee is like adding wild cards or jokers to poker. It's necessary only if you really don't like coffee or poker.

Nespresso pods are excellent -- so far superior to anything that comes in K-Cups. Yet American supermarkets and convenience stores carry only K-Cups. We are a nation of overwhelmingly stupid people led around by the noses by advertising.

OB poker: IMO, adding milk to coffee is like adding wild cards or jokers to poker. It's necessary only if you really don't like coffee or poker.
I was an early adopter of the K-cups when they first came out. If I remember correctly it was the early 1990's. I used to use Green Mountain coffee in all of our C-Stores. They used to send me a new machine every two years to three years and four boxes of coffee each month. Darn, I was spoiled for a long time until we changed coffee at the stores. When I found I was replacing the machine every two years it got old. So I switched to the Nespresso Vertuo which is great. I love the coffees and an espresso or cappuccino every now and then is a bonus!

Back on breakfast -- we're roughing it at a dingy Disney World resort this weekend. So before my wife left for this morning's meetings, we had last night's left-over tortillas filled with 16-hour sous vide pork belly slices brought from home. With coffee, it was scrumptious.

Back on breakfast -- we're roughing it at a dingy Disney World resort this weekend. So before my wife left for this morning's meetings, we had last night's left-over tortillas filled with 16-hour sous vide pork belly slices brought from home. With coffee, it was scrumptious.
Sounds good! I wish we had something great but with all that has been going on lately I ended up making me some cream of wheat with a piece of toast and my wife wanted frosted mini wheats!'
Not the best breakfast to brag about but it served it's purpose.

David

Sounds good! I wish we had something great but with all that has been going on lately I ended up making me some cream of whet with a piece of toast and my wife wanted frosted mini wheats!'
Not the best breakfast to brag about but it served it's purpose.

Nothing wrong with that!

When Nancy's away or I'm in a big hurry I reach for the Wheaties and a sliced banana. Yummm! Like eating in a 4-star restaurant...

I snapped a quick pic

21EE15A5-135F-4711-8B86-0C4DBDC247AB.jpeg

That reminds me, a new way to have coffee is to add an ounce and a half of rumchata with a quarter ounce of a spiced simple syrup. We tried vanilla spice simple syrup, shook it over ice and served it over ice. Tastes like a glass of Cinnamon Toast Crunch. You get childhood nostalgia, and 2 different types of adult beverage all in one glass.

Edit: it has a nice creamy, frothy head after shaking it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom