Things You Collect Besides Poker Chips (1 Viewer)

I guess you could say jerseys. More specifically Detroit Red Wings (and Wings related jerseys). I have around 20 Wings jerseys and other ones like Yzerman Team Canada, Datsyuk team Russia, a bunch of them signed, etc. I have a Datsyuk AK Bars Kazan one on the way I’m pretty stoked for.
NBA collection is growing too, probably have 15+ now, everything from Shawn Kemp, to Steve Nash to Will Smith’s Bel-air academy lol.
View attachment 703485
Hi that is a Great Collection. I only have Red Wings Jersey and it is Sergei Federov.

Hi Radius Scout sure.

I have this app for my phone called MyMovies it is great it lets me Scan the Bardcode on each of my movies and Catalogs them. Then I can request PDF reports sent to my Email.
I... I wasn't expecting this answer. :)

I'm going to check out that app!

I collect vintage audio tubes and tube gear - lol. Started in my early 20’s and have sold off much of the gear since then. Now I am focused on building a representative set of the key mono-blocs from the ‘50’s (the golden age of Tube Audio).

-Dynaco MkII’s
-Heathkit W5-M’s (restoration in progress) I sold my restored pair about 10 years ago. BIG mistake.
-McIntosh MC-60’s (should pick up a mint pair the end of the summer - already have them on hold with the seller)
-Marantz 8b’s - these are the holy grail ($$) not yet in my collection.

Oh yeah - I also collect old school car amps from the early 90’s.

Attachments

• 96B9FF7C-3D7F-4F93-B882-32ED07985E1B.jpeg
    96B9FF7C-3D7F-4F93-B882-32ED07985E1B.jpeg
    170.5 KB · Views: 139
  • B0A70AF4-0B2E-4748-8794-E1336B54DD31.jpeg
    B0A70AF4-0B2E-4748-8794-E1336B54DD31.jpeg
    146.2 KB · Views: 135
  • EFEBB4BA-DE19-4848-B936-0B6AAC932375.jpeg
    EFEBB4BA-DE19-4848-B936-0B6AAC932375.jpeg
    134.1 KB · Views: 139
  • F5711BD2-40B8-4E39-86C9-1354214EA8BC.jpeg
    F5711BD2-40B8-4E39-86C9-1354214EA8BC.jpeg
    34.5 KB · Views: 142
Nelson very nice. Do you collect the Mattel ones or the Monster Jam ones? My son has about 30 of the Mattel Ones.
Just the monster jam ones. But they stopped making them a year or two ago, now spin master makes them. My son doesn’t even play with them anymore, so I’m stuck with well over 1000 trucks.

For me..
Pint/Beer glasses. Have between 100-150 or so now. Always looking for more. I'll take a picture one day.

I need to get more of the "snifter" style glasses, as they work better for the beers I enjoy. I used to try to only get ones from places i've been, but some of the artwork on glasses is really awesome and I order them. Lots of bars in the area used to host "pint nights".. buy that brewery's beer and get a free glass.

Collection is worth $0, but I love 'em.
I just put most of them in here for now. More all over the kitchen, and elsewhere.

B73425C7-A5B7-42E6-BE1B-C6A75184C592.jpeg

I just put most of them in here for now. More all over the kitchen, and elsewhere.

View attachment 722156
Have you seen these. They are from Germany - my step mom gets them for me. I am pretty sure you order them on the internet as well. The art work is commissioned from famous artists.

They are really cool.

Ritzenhoff.
35BEAAAA-963E-403F-917B-CACCAE2397A6.jpeg
FA12729E-0EE4-4447-BB52-AC49DB0C91A1.jpeg

They have pint mugs and shot glasses too.
0EBAAA6F-0182-49C2-A51A-3EACA559907D.jpeg

Those are great. I try (tried) to keep it places I’ve been, but some of bars have pint nights, so I get them too. I’ll arrange them some day
I'm hiding all my Windy Crest pint glasses at DiD. :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

I guess you could say jerseys. More specifically Detroit Red Wings (and Wings related jerseys). I have around 20 Wings jerseys and other ones like Yzerman Team Canada, Datsyuk team Russia, a bunch of them signed, etc. I have a Datsyuk AK Bars Kazan one on the way I’m pretty stoked for.
NBA collection is growing too, probably have 15+ now, everything from Shawn Kemp, to Steve Nash to Will Smith’s Bel-air academy lol.
View attachment 703485
Impressive! I’ve got a small collection of Avs sweaters myself. I sure do miss that great rivalry we had!
D112D2A6-6E2A-441B-88B3-D2D5635932C2.jpeg

After seeing this thread bumped again, I dragged up a few older photos of other parts of my collection.

The first three are from one of the more iconic anime productions, Cowboy Bebop:

Spike.jpg

Spike Spiegel from episode 18. It's missing a background as well as Spike's hand (he's scratching his cheek at this moment).

Jet.jpg

Jet Black from episode 5. The background isn't matched to the scene 1/1, but is appropriate as the actual scene takes place onboard the Bebop. What isn't obvious here is his right arm/sleeve is a separate cel on top of the rest. When I carefully lifted that, the cel underneath doesn't have the sleeve of his shirt colored properly. The production company must have decided it was easier to "correct" this by adding a new cel and re-shooting the frames as opposed to correcting the handful of offenders one at a time.

Faye.jpeg

Faye Valentine from the penultimate episode where she's talking with Spike prior to her departure from the Bebop. This one is with the scene correct but reproduction background. Almost all backgrounds in the hands of collectors are copies of the originals as the originals would have been used for multiple frames in the finished production and are much harder to come by, especially matched to their cels.

All three of these are raw, unframed and show more than the frames seen in the final production. Most animation, particularly the earlier stuff, was created to be "larger" than the final version so there wouldn't be strange disembodied bodies or limbs floating over a background (Faye, above, is a great example... I'd have to watch the episode again, but I think you only barely see her navel at the bottom of the frame).

I'm still on the hunt for a good cel with Ed and Ein from Bebop, preferably both of them together. Those are properly rare birds, with either one of those two are not easy to find by themselves.

BBoop.jpeg

The second oldest piece in my collection, Betty Boop from the short "Judge for a Day" from 1935. Production drawing from which the final cel was created. The film is visible here:

https://archive.org/details/Betty_Boop_Judge_For_a_Day_1935

...with the frame above seen in the last 1/4 of the piece when Betty is asking the driver to get off the bus.

Just a few more from the collection that happen to already be on my phone.

(as before, many apologies for all the reflections in the photos. Shiny celluloid coupled with transparent packaging don't make for the best pictures. :oops:)

Long before poker chips and still to this day, animation art. Specifically, the drawings and cels used during the production process.

........I vaguely remember there was a visible price tag from the window and the sum seemed extraordinary to me at the time (maybe $10k... I don't recall for sure). I had no idea that any of this stuff existed let alone was available for sale........
View attachment 703285

My first piece from 1995, and the only limited edition piece I have. Everything else is production used.

I am officially fascinated....
Like you, I had no idea this stuff existed.

I sense another rabbit hole.....

Impressive! I’ve got a small collection of Avs sweaters myself. I sure do miss that great rivalry we had!View attachment 722309
Hahahaa. Man, the Avs look pretty great these days. They’re on the cusp of winning a cup. (Every team goes through those playoff slumps before they bust through) Wings are still a couple years out - but with a super bright future. And yes, that was the greatest rivalry in sports at the time!

Long before poker chips and still to this day, animation art. Specifically, the drawings and cels used during the production process....

In the late 1980s, there was a Walt Disney shop in the Pentagon City Mall in Washington, DC, that sold animation cels from many Disney movies and shorts. I don't know how widely they were sold.

I bought one from "101 Dalmatians" as a birthday gift for a girlfriend who owned a dalmatian. Didn't get it back when we broke up, either. :(

Your Pinball Machine collection is incredibly cool. Are they fairly easy to maintain?

Newer games are fairly easy to work on, but you need to know how to fix them (basic electronics, soldering, tinkering around, etc). Older games can be a pain to keep running

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom