Hero opens AKo in HJ
V in CO 3! to 1.5x
Hero?

1652988396380.png

Hero opens AKo in HJ
V in CO 3! to 1.5x
Hero?

View attachment 913909
Dealing with these sizings is always annoying. Because some do it with monsters, some do it with decent but not great hands to "take control" of the hand. Given the stack depth, I probably 4! to 10-12bb looking to call a non-all in 5! and go from there. If I'm jammed on... I dunno. Likely just literally flip a coin and decide based on that.

I had a spot yesterday where button opened to 2.5bb, I'm in SB with AKo 3! to 10.5bb, BB then just snap jams for 120bb. Button folded. I called and won the flip against 77.

Even though this isn't a traditional 4! sized pot, you did 4! So you have to bet almost every flop. And this one certainly smashes your 4! range. So gotta bet. I wouldn't be too worried about QQ or AA here given preflop action. So I think you can actually bet fairly large.

Biggest reason I'm not worried about AA is a person that uses that 3! size with AA is typically just going to 5! it as well. So you really only need to worry about QQ. And given the no 5!, I think we can discount some QQ.

Agree that the flop bet was too small, and this is kinda why. Possible spades and possible straight.

However, there aren't a whole lot of spade-suited, 3-bet-worthy hands left, AJss? JT is concerning, but is that really going to 3-bet?

So, unpleasant spot, but I think you have to try a bet. You're beating AQ, for example, and that might've taken this line. I'd go over half pot to punish single spade hands.

I agree that his number of suited combos are low here 3-betting and calling my 4 bet.
As a result I think I am still ahead and bet 1/2 pot for value and V jams.
Hero?

1653053732341.png

Do you believe AsAx....QQ or J10s...very polarizing bet size coupled with a small 3bet pre...you do 'only" have 1 pair...I probably fold

Agreed, looks to me like a fold.

If he's willing to raise all-in, I'd need a pretty good reason to call with a single pair and not much of a draw. I can think of a reasonable number of combos that beat me -- JT (though this means he's a doofus), QQ, KQ (I refer you to the earlier doofus reference), AA -- so I'm not just ruling it out that he's got one of them. The stuff I was hoping to punish, Q or K with a slightly lesser kicker, is now probably ruled out (excepting, of course, the by-now-standard doofus exception).

Smells like a "good" hand (better than a pair) belatedly worrying about the spades. If, on the other hand, it's an outright bluff, then "nice hand", I guess.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom