PAHWM - JJ Multiway (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
10NL ACR Blitz. 6Max.
Hero is HJ with 100.5bb.
V1 is CO with 239bb, 17 total hands so nothing meaningful.
V2 is BB with 70.5bb, 6 total hands, same deal.

Hero opens to 2bb with :js::jh:
CO calls. BB calls.

Pot 6.5bb
Flop :9s::4c::3h:
BB donks for 6.5bb. Hero?

Last edited:
I'll also add your preflop sizing was too small. I'd go 3 or 4 BB's at least. Did it fold to hero? I'd size up depending on how many limpers there were.

I'll also add your preflop sizing was too small. I'd go 3 or 4 BB's at least. Did it fold to hero? I'd size up depending on how many limpers there were.
yes, I'm raising first in here. 6max game, not full ring -added to first post, thanks.

I use 2bb as a standard rfi size from LJ/HJ, as per GTOWizard recommendations. I think it's pretty typical sizing for all online play too.
2 or 2.2bb is standard from LJ/HJ for all the regs on ACR (2.3co, 2.5bu, 3sb.)

yes, I'm raising first in here. 6max game, not full ring -added to first post, thanks. I use 2bb as a standard rfi size from LJ/HJ, as per GTOWizard recommendations. 2 or 2.2bb is standard from LJ/HJ for all the regs on ACR (2.3co, 2.5bu, 3sb.)
Gotcha.

BB's donk bet screams " I hit a 9, please fold". I still think hero is still good here lots of the time.

I’m going to tighten the straps on my set and call. I’m even contemplating a raise to drive out V1 and maybe get the option of checking back the turn.

I’d hope we’d have heard from QQ+ pre, we’re behind sets (99 may even have 3b from the BB?), and a the classic BB hand of 34s but overall I think we’re good. I’m going to proceed cautiously if a two or five comes off.

10NL ACR Blitz. 6Max.
Hero is HJ with 100.5bb.

CO calls. BB calls.

Pot 6.5bb
BB donks for 6.5bb. Hero?

2 bigs seems small to me. I play a lot of online and see these small raises a bunch. I just keep it at 3 bigs normally, and go bigger if I am at a loose table. I avoid blitz/fastfold games like the plague, as they are nit fests....absolute worst game in poker.

All that being said, the donk bet is usually top pair. We have that beat. A call with a plan to raise on the flop is my usual play here. I also don't mind a raise to ensure it is head's up.

I think this is a pretty easy call, so I'm just going to move forward with the hand, even though it's only been ~15 hours.

10NL ACR Blitz. 6Max.
Hero is HJ with 100.5bb.

CO calls. BB calls.

Pot 6.5bb
BB donks for 6.5bb. Hero calls. CO calls.

Pot 26bb - BB 64bb, hero 92bb, CO 230bb.
Turn :7d:
BB checks, Hero?

People don't play trash in these games. A9 is bottom of the barrel....my best guess is this is what BB has. No 3 bet pre, so I doubt we are against an over pair. A5 is possible, A4, A3, 9T, 88-22....maybe 2 overs, but doubtful.

All this being said, i think we are still good, and I want to know now. I like a chunky bet here. 2/3 pot minimum. If we are up against a set, we are going to find out now. 9's and draws will just call....everybody else should clear out.

Bet 20 bbs

10NL ACR Blitz. 6Max.
Hero is HJ with 100.5bb.

CO calls. BB calls.

Pot 6.5bb

BB checks, Hero checks, CO bets 20.5bb.
BB folds, Hero ?

I check here because after facing a pot sized bet OTF, my range becomes a lot stronger. I'll have some AX flushes that continue without pairs, and a small frequency of AK/AQ type of hands. I think my whole range likes checking here, considering I'm still OOP to CO. I can see the argument for betting TT/JJ specifically here as they can still be outdrawn.

By checking with JJ here, I strength my range quite a bit, as I'll have a wide range of hands that are now check folding. I'm not sure how I'd balance betting bluffs and value here, as my range doesn't hit this board very hard, so I'm not sure what my logical bluffs are.

Last edited:
People don't play trash in these games. A9 is bottom of the barrel....my best guess is this is what BB has. No 3 bet pre, so I doubt we are against an over pair. A5 is possible, A4, A3, 9T, 88-22....maybe 2 overs, but doubtful.

All this being said, i think we are still good, and I want to know now. I like a chunky bet here. 2/3 pot minimum. If we are up against a set, we are going to find out now. 9's and draws will just call....everybody else should clear out.

Bet 20 bbs
If hero bets 20bbs and faces a raise, are we calling it off or folding? facing the min raise, pot would be 86bb and hero would have 72bb left. Also, is this a value bet or a bluff? What hand types are betting for value and which ones are bluffing?

If hero bets 20bbs and faces a raise, are we calling it off or folding? facing the min raise, pot would be 86bb and hero would have 72bb left. Also, is this a value bet or a bluff? What hand types are betting for value and which ones are bluffing?
It's a value bet for sure, we are targeting 9's and denying equity to overs, like AJs, KQ, etc. Also, the very odd draws that show up....A5s and such.

If raised in this game 3 ways, we fold. Min raise? I probably shove to a min raise because I think that should be heavy on draws and top pairs looking to get a check back on river... Plus it's just 10 bucks if we are wrong.

What do you mean by which are betting for value or bluffing? When we think we are best and want a call, we bet for value. We have an over pair with no evidence we are beat, that means value. We want calls from draws and 9s.

10NL ACR Blitz. 6Max.
Hero is HJ with 100.5bb.

CO calls. BB calls.

Pot 6.5bb

BB folds, Hero ?

I check here because after facing a pot sized bet OTF, my range becomes a lot stronger. I'll have some AX flushes that continue without pairs, and a small frequency of AK/AQ type of hands. I think my whole range likes checking here, considering I'm still OOP to CO. I can see the argument for betting TT/JJ specifically here as they can still be outdrawn.

By checking with JJ here, I strength my range quite a bit, as I'll have a wide range of hands that are now check folding. I'm not sure how I'd balance betting bluffs and value here, as my range doesn't hit this board very hard, so I'm not sure what my logical bluffs are.
I hate the check here. You are thinking too much about being balanced at 10nl zoom.

You think you are best? Bet. Can you get them to fold better? Bet.

As played, I don't know, I guess call.

I hate the check here. You are thinking too much about being balanced at 10nl zoom.

You think you are best? Bet. Can you get them to fold better? Bet.

As played, I don't know, I guess call.
I did not know if I was best here. I think CO range is a lot of sets and occasionally pair + draw, and BB range is a lot of sets, 2pairs, and straights.

Also, at what stakes should I start caring about balance? How unbalanced should I be playing? people always say that you should be unbalanced in lower stakes, but never say at what stake you should start playing more GTO. 25NL? 100NL? 500NL? Also, the "it's just 10 bucks if we are wrong" seems like a mindset to start punting buy ins. Just because stakes are lower doesn't mean you should start caring less or getting it in light, that's ruins the whole point of strategy talk. That's like Bill Gates playing 10K NL and saying "oh well, it's only $10,000"

I did not know if I was best here. I think CO range is a lot of sets and occasionally pair + draw, and BB range is a lot of sets, 2pairs, and straights.
You don't have to KNOW you are best....you just have to be good most times. Based on action, you should be good. If you don't bet, you will not know.
Also, at what stakes should I start caring about balance? How unbalanced should I be playing? people always say that you should be unbalanced in lower stakes, but never say at what stake you should start playing more GTO. 25NL? 100NL? 500NL? Also, the "it's just 10 bucks if we are wrong" seems like a mindset to start punting buy ins. Just because stakes are lower doesn't mean you should start caring less or getting it in light, that's ruins the whole point of strategy talk. That's like Bill Gates playing 10K NL and saying "oh well, it's only $10,000"
-I don't know, but it aint here. Who knows, maybe on ACR blitz, you need to be more balanced. My overall advice is to find a better game, because these games are the worst of the online community, which is pretty bad to start with.
-You are correct, it's only 10 bucks is a horrible way to look at it, I agree with you there. HOWEVER....whatever stakes you play, you need to be willing to donk off a buy in or two or you are going to miss out on value. If you NEED to win this pot, you are not going to play optimally.
-If you are not going to bet this turn, you are missing value in the long run, even if you value own yourself in this exact spot.

You don't have to KNOW you are best....you just have to be good most times. Based on action, you should be good. If you don't bet, you will not know.

-I don't know, but it aint here. Who knows, maybe on ACR blitz, you need to be more balanced. My overall advice is to find a better game, because these games are the worst of the online community, which is pretty bad to start with.
-You are correct, it's only 10 bucks is a horrible way to look at it, I agree with you there. HOWEVER....whatever stakes you play, you need to be willing to donk off a buy in or two or you are going to miss out on value. If you NEED to win this pot, you are not going to play optimally.
-If you are not going to bet this turn, you are missing value in the long run, even if you value own yourself in this exact spot.
yeah, I wish there was another site to play on besides ACR, but stars/GG/WSOP are all banned in Texas, so I'm stuck with ACR/Bovada, and I hate the Bovada client.

10NL ACR Blitz. 6Max.
Hero is HJ with 100.5bb.

CO calls. BB calls.

Pot 6.5bb

BB folds, Hero calls.

Pot 67bb - hero 71.5bb, CO 200bb
River :2d:
Hero?

10NL ACR Blitz. 6Max.
Hero is HJ with 100.5bb.

CO calls. BB calls.

Pot 6.5bb

BB folds, Hero calls.

Hero?
check/call.

yeah, I wish there was another site to play on besides ACR, but stars/GG/WSOP are all banned in Texas, so I'm stuck with ACR/Bovada, and I hate the Bovada client.
if you want to try poker bros, PM me. The affiliate system sucks, but I have a good one.

10NL ACR Blitz. 6Max.
Hero is HJ with 100.5bb.

CO calls. BB calls.

Pot 6.5bb

BB folds, Hero calls.

Hero checks, CO jams for 71.5 eff, hero ?

Fold.

I just don't see how you're ahead here with just an overpair.

Do whatever @boltonguy would do.

The turn check/call: Playing it this way gives V a perfect opportunity to bluff at the pot. Seeing as how we beat some of his value hands, plus the V has plenty of bluffs available, I think folding on the river as played is a mistake long term. In this spot, he can have sets, he can have A5s, or missed bigger straight draws that semi bluffed the turn (T8s).

We also let a lot of suited connectors call with our relatively small preflop raise size. All those hands could have turned equity, then decided to blast off on the missed river.

I call.

This is why we buckled our seat belts after the donk bet. We’ve never been in control of this hand, but may still be ahead.

108s would’ve been a brave call by V pre and post flop to go runner runner. I said I’d be wary if another wheel card came off - so A5 is a real possibility here. We wouldn’t be surprised to be shown a set either.

Absent any specific reads we only have population tendency for bluffing frequency to go off. Do they bluff often enough? There are definitely bluffs available on this run out.

All this waffling is trying to justify that we likely implicitly committed stacks calling with an overpair on that raggedy flop, so we should probably follow through.

Can’t say what I would’ve done in the moment though. It’s a gross spot. I hope you called though because I’m curious to see what V had.

This is why we buckled our seat belts after the donk bet. We’ve never been in control of this hand, but may still be ahead.

It’s a gross spot.
yep, that's why I thought it'd make a perfect PAHWM post haha - was definitely in the blender OTR (and really OTT tbh)

10NL ACR Blitz. 6Max.
Hero is HJ with 100.5bb.

CO calls. BB calls.

Pot 6.5bb

BB folds, Hero calls.

Hero checks, CO jams for 71.5 eff, hero calls and V shows :6d::6c:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom