Old Bay Hot Sauce (1 Viewer)

I bought a huge bottle and I’m not a fan. It’s like tabasco mixed with too much old bay (at least in the quantities I eat hot sauce). Maybe if you use less it would be better.

I bought a huge bottle and I’m not a fan. It’s like tabasco mixed with too much old bay (at least in the quantities I eat hot sauce). Maybe if you use less it would be better.
Oddly, that's about what mine tasted like as well. Hot sauce with a little extra depth from the Old Bay - though admittedly the Old Bay I have is old, so it may be losing potency.

The real star was an Orange Crush reduction sauce with parmesan cheese and red pepper flakes.

gotta try it.......arriving in a few days

1596120048948.png

OK! Had this smothered on a baked chicken breast tonight with some broccolini. I must admit, I like this sauce! I strongly feel that the 3 pictured foods/bev on the label are its true calling though. I will be trying it in my bloody within the week and hopefully on some wings within the week as well. Seafood may have to wait awhile..

OK! Had this smothered on a baked chicken breast tonight with some broccolini. I must admit, I like this sauce! I strongly feel that the 3 pictured foods/bev on the label are its true calling though. I will be trying it in my bloody within the week and hopefully on some wings within the week as well. Seafood may have to wait awhile..
They make an Old Bay Bloody Mary Mix too. I seen’t it :cool

Upon arrival of my OBHS last night I ripped open some chicken tenders and doused a few in the sauce, dumping more on with each bite :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

I like it, I feel it has a place in my hot sauce arsenal. It is a little limited in what I will use it for. I agree it is not at all hot. However, I do like the flavor. For now we are going to use it as a buffalo wing sauce base, then dab the hotter sauces on as we eat. I will try it in my bloody mary next day off and on our seafood next time we have that. Melinda's, Aardvark, and Dirty Dicks are still my favorites!

This is a pretty spot on description, imo. I was late to the party on this one, since I couldn't find it anywhere locally or online for the longest time, but recently was able to acquire some on Amazon. I like both tabasco and old bay, so the flavor is good for me, but I have to admit, I was expecting more. Maybe from all the hype. I'd buy it again to have on hand, but wouldn't pay a premium.

SHIT. I've been doing it wrong. It says it's for game day, brunch, and happy hour.
F me, I have been just drinking it straight all day. lol
It is going into my zing zang BM mix manana. My thoughts to follow...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom