Lucky Hitler Cat Club MD-50 cash set (4 Viewers)

I like it also, but it may be too much blue with this $500? Possible options would be 1) my recent mockup, 2) change light blue on the $100 to lavender, 3) change the "flag" $500 blue spot to blurple, lavender, etc.
I think I'd be inclined to modify the $500 to fit better with the $100 rather than vice versa. That $100 is the star of the show IMO.

Chris is determined to railroad my $100 for some reason.

I don't know what it's done to him but it must've been bad!!

lol, no no no... love the hundo. Was gonna respond but got stuck on conf call then dentist.

Option 3 above, keep the hundo then lol. Stocky's $500 may match up well with it, or tweak to your heart's desire.

I am railroading the green $20 though. It started life as a $25! Bruce -> Caitlyn is one thing but this is too much! [emoji13]

I like it also, but it may be too much blue with this $500? Possible options would be 1) my recent mockup, 2) change light blue on the $100 to lavender, 3) change the "flag" $500 blue spot to blurple, lavender, etc.

I'm not sure if [Retro] Lavender is bright enough against a Maroon base. Arc Yellow has sufficient contrast. Not sure about any of the other colors.

I mocked up a couple of different hundos out of interest:

alt-100s.png

Cheers.

I ran the colors/spot combos by David recently and these are all go from a factory perspective.

He said the $20, $100 and $500 are all Lvl 8...

Hmm... I sent him something similar to your $100 not to long ago and was told it couldn't be done. Glad tothear that changed. Anyway to mock that spot up in the designer? I'm coming up empty.

Hmm... I sent him something similar to your $100 not to long ago and was told it couldn't be done. Glad tothear that changed. Anyway to mock that spot up in the designer? I'm coming up empty.

I did it in Photoshop. You have to do a 4DS18 and a 414 and then lift the spots off the 414 and drop them onto the 4DS18.

It's a bit of a faff but doesn't take too long using the magic wand tool.

I think Pixlr (a free online editor) also has a magic wand tool.

When I asked David he initially thought the spot/color combos were problematic. He said the brighter color are softer and greater pressure is required to press the dark base color, so the bright colours don't always take.

He checked with the factory though, who said the colors/spots would be fine.

I did it in Photoshop. You have to do a 4DS18 and a 414 and then lift the spots off the 414 and drop them onto the 4DS18.

It's a bit of a faff but doesn't take too long using the magic wand tool.

I think Pixlr (a free online editor) also has a magic wand tool.
Interesting. It's times like these I wish I could use photoshop. Guess I'll have to give it a shot.

Interesting. It's times like these I wish I could use photoshop. Guess I'll have to give it a shot.

Give Pixlr a go.

Pixlr editor

It's a bit clunky but does the trick.

When editing it's all about the layers. When you make a selection on the image (e.g. spots), copy and paste them, it creates a layer. So you have the background, plus the new layer (the copy of the spots).

This gives you two components to move between - the background and the layer. You can interact with these independently, e.g. move or edit them.

You can combine layers and background to reduce confusion.

There are loads of great tutorial videos out there that demonstrate how to do everything.

You only need to work with a few elements of the app to get the basic desired results:

1. Magic wand selection tool
2. Copy and paste
3. Move object tool
4. Combine layer(s) by merging

:)

J5 (AKA "The Man") has agreed to help brush up the artwork to get it print ready.

In the meantime, I've started goofing about with an initial DB design:

bcc-db.png

...although I'm not sure about the edge. Can anyone comment on the print quality of OWPS 60mm edge printing?

Looks great! I think the print quality is good. View attachment 13393

Nice print quality, great buttons!

The last custom dbs I got done (admittedly a long time back) were done by PGI and the quality wasn't great - bit blurry and poor text alignment on the edgr.

I'm sure they've upgraded their kit since then tho.

J5 is on the case to tweak and finalize my art BTW. Hopefully won't be much longer...

Highly recommend the oversize 60mm ceramic buttons from OWPS and the 63mm ceramic buttons from GOCC. Either puts the old 50mm ceramic button standard to shame.

Okay, so bin wondering about DG Tiger. Think it's a gibbon for the $1 orange spot but it got me wondering about the $100 as well...

100-rework-dg-tiger2.png

...or just leave well alone? ;)

Mocked up color is a guess

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom