Lucky Hitler Cat Club MD-50 cash set (9 Viewers)

Am liking Poster Bodoni, and unsure why.

I'm as yet undecided...

Something I forgot is that the style of the 1 is key to deciding the denom, as some of them are too thin to really work. I'll edit the previous post and put some 1s in

In fact I'll mock all demons up for each. That'll be a lot more helpful to compare denoms :D

Paul called it - it's Elephant all the way. The others' 1s were no good, or the 2s looked off.

Here's Elephant rejigged, with $1 and $5 increased in size.

elephant-lineup.png

Looking hot. That $100 is smoking. I dunno about the $500 though. Seems like it's missing something to me.

Cheers.

I ran the colors/spot combos by David recently and these are all go from a factory perspective.

He said the $20, $100 and $500 are all Lvl 8...

Much as I like the $500, I was wondering if it could be pushed into Lvl 9+ territory. I won't be ordering that many, so the lvl bump won't impact much on the overall cost...

The 'Black Cat' fonts I've tried to date have been largely serif/script fonts, in a similar vein to the Flamingo chip posted earlier.

This is an example of the other font direction I'm considering:

pass-the-portl.png
This one's called 'Pass the Port'. I quite like the beat/witchy look of some of these. Conceptually quite a neat fit with the set.

Looking hot. That $100 is smoking. I dunno about the $500 though. Seems like it's missing something to me.

I agree; the set is looking fantastic, but the $500 doesn't sing. Partly, it doesn't feel like part of the set... but honestly, I think part of its problem is simply that the hundo is just so fawesome!

To my eye, the split green spots throw me a little - there's no other split spots in the set, so it breaks cohesion a little bit.

Still not a fan of double-use on the saturn, maroon, and dg green colors.... imo, the $5, $20, and $500 could all use minor tweaking (would not change the other three). But if you're trying to tie the set together by using base colors as a spot color elsewhere, then either a) the $20 chip needs saturn/retro lav spots, or b) the $500 chip needs to swap in green for the current dg green spots. Either would better fit the current heirarchy (sans flamingo). Unless you have a dg green nickel chip planned, of course. :)

Loving the font work, both denom and title. Tough to choose, esp on the title font directions!

Generally agree regarding the $500. All other chips seem great to me. Was thinking on the $500, same spot combo but make the 1/8 spots black to rep whiskers or claws, then alternate the 314 color, something like bright white, dg peach, dg green.

Still not a fan of double-use on the saturn, maroon, and dg green colors.... imo, the $5, $20, and $500 could all use minor tweaking (would not change the other three). But if you're trying to tie the set together by using base colors as a spot color elsewhere, then either a) the $20 chip needs saturn/retro lav spots, or b) the $500 chip needs to swap in green for the current dg green spots. Either would better fit the current heirarchy (sans flamingo). Unless you have a dg green nickel chip planned, of course. :)

I'm not sure that there are decent substitute colours to go with. Maroon is the 100 base and it's also the best for for the 5 that I've seen, for example. If the 500 does change that might help.

Loving the font work, both denom and title. Tough to choose, esp on the title font directions!

Generally agree regarding the $500. All other chips seem great to me. Was thinking on the $500, same spot combo but make the 1/8 spots black to rep whiskers or claws, then alternate the 314 color, something like bright white, dg peach, dg green.

Cheers, Chris! That sounds like an interesting proposition. I suppose I'll *sigh* have to return to the chip tool! ;)

Okay, so what should be the last in a looooooooooooooonnggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhh series of font-offs, here's Motion Picture vs. Pass The Port.

Motion Picture:
motion-picture.png

Pass The Port:

pass-the-port.png

I've not had a chance to try out any new $500s yet but will soon.

Did you move to a $20 instead of a $25? A green $20 kind of tilts me tbh. Could go rogue with upper denoms if that's the case, but I like that green one. ;)

An alternate $500. Or you could make the current $100 the $500 and make a bright white base hundo using black and other spots?

blackcatsetmaybe.png

If you went for a white $500 I'd be tempted to go with something like this. Chris's is nice also.

image.jpg

I like that flag version too, Paul. Tried a blend of UK and Scottish flags with an ode to whiskers lol:

blackcat500flag.png

Got carried away. Sorry for the deluge, but I think this is nice with a green $25. ;)

edit: hundo and $5 may be too close. damn.

blackcatsetmaybe.png

Some great chipes there, Paul and Chris!

I based the colors around the ct article on breakdowns and chip colors, which cites $25 as green (no mention of $20).

While a $20 chip would be more practical, I'll revert to $25 I think.

Motion Picture it is! Thanks for the input!

Now we're talking!

Although don't change the $100! I think it's perfect as is!

I like it also, but it may be too much blue with this $500? Possible options would be 1) my recent mockup, 2) change light blue on the $100 to lavender, 3) change the "flag" $500 blue spot to blurple, lavender, etc.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom