Lucky Hitler Cat Club MD-50 cash set (2 Viewers)

stocky's $5 spot pattern would work great on the $500.... it's a little busy in the 5 slot. 312 might work better there.

Yes, I agree. It's a great looking chip but not a neat fit among the others.

To move away from comedy value inlays, here are the most recent lineup without inlays.

md-50-no-inlays-maroon-dgp-lb-man-312.png

md-50-no-inlays-maroon-lb-dgp-man-312.png

I'm still struggling with a base/spots for the $1 (the 3V12 is a placeholder) although I'm quite liking Blurple. I think Orange is a good companion for Blurple too...

I'd like to go Mandarin for the base for the $5 fo sure - that's my favorite of the CPC reds.

I posted separately re. the GN rooming chips from the '60s. I'm leaning towards using a similar denom style for these, as I like the font style.

Funnily enough, I had the $25 mocked up as a 8D18 in a previous version. Looks great but it leaves the subsequent chips too much to compete against!

The 6D18 rules out the 6A14 for the $5 for me, as the spots will be a very similar shape to the $25 (or is that a bit OCD?)

I'm quite liking a 6A18 as a $1. That's pretty nice. :) Thanks for your suggestions, Paul! :)

Okay, a couple more options for the $1s - in Blurple and Light Blue

md-50-no-inlays-maroon-100-dgp-lb-blurple-1TA316.png
md-50-no-inlays-maroon-lb-dgp-blurple-1TA316.png
md-50-no-inlays-maroon-100-dgp-lb-lb-1TA316.png
md-50-no-inlays-maroon-lb-dgp-lb-1TA316.png

I'm liking the 1TA316 very much, like the recent Flamingo $1 chip, which I'm very partial to.

The $5 I still need to revisit, get some of your suggestions into the lineups, Paul. :)

Light blue is certainly a stunning chip.... although I think blurple probably goes better with the rest of the line-up (which tend to be darker colors). A lighter red chip might make a difference.

Light blue is certainly a stunning chip.... although I think blurple probably goes better with the rest of the line-up (which tend to be darker colors). A lighter red chip might make a difference.

Yeah. I like the 1TA316. I think that's a keeper. I like both the Blurple and the Light Blue versions. My only thought on the Blurple front i that it's a dark chip and I don't want the overall lineup to be too dark.

The red chip will help balance things out, like you say I reckon.

I emailed David Spragg about the 1TA316 and it's a go. CPC can just swap the punched colors back out for the base color.

Good news and it'll mean a few more spot options for everyone to play around with. :) Cost will be ths same as the 3TA316 though, as same amount of work involved. I reckon it's worth it. :)

Both 1ta316 are sweet! I'd prolly go light blue to balance set colors as you mentioned, and as a Flamingo tribute.

Yeah I like both. Think I'll keep both in the lineup so I can compare alongside the $5 options.

I'm liking how these are shaping up. :)

I've been experimenting with a few theme ideas today (some of which are in the op) but I keep coming back to the cat. I'd originally toyed with the idea of doing a Black Cat cash set, all the way back when BCC was operating I was considering MGK. Obv that didn't happen.

Anyhoo, afore I enlist J5's help to do a proper job, I thought I'd have a stab at an inlay design.

Here are the preliminary results:

line-up-first-mock.png

Loads still to sort out (fonts, a new cat head logo, background color, color matching[?], lower ring text) but this is taster of where I'm headed design-wise. I'm looking to go retro Flamingo and use denoms similar to those on the Golden Nugget rooming chips that I posted about.

The $5 is still a WIP but I was quite liking the 1/2 pie 2A12. Here are some of the other examples:

half-pie-212s.png

If I go with cat, I'll probably ask my wife to sketch up a design and go with original art this time round.

As soon as I saw your mandarin red/black $5, I thought.... "hmm, that's a neat look but would look better with either retro blue or dark blue....creating the same basic effect."

Didn't see either one in the second $5 group line-up, so thought I'd share. The charcoal one is nice too, a bit softer look.

I love that $5 but wondering if it's red enough against the $100?

If CPC could do 1/8 pie it would make a killer $5

Yeah I think TRK used to do one. One sweet looking chip!

I like the Mandarin Red/Black but it is a bit close to the Maroon. I'll try a few more combos... :)

I've been experimenting with a few theme ideas today (some of which are in the op) but I keep coming back to the cat. I'd originally toyed with the idea of doing a Black Cat cash set, all the way back when BCC was operating I was considering MGK. Obv that didn't happen.

Anyhoo, afore I enlist J5's help to do a proper job, I thought I'd have a stab at an inlay design.

Here are the preliminary results:

View attachment 11262

Finish the inlay with J5 then this is close to shipping imo! Love that black/man red $5. Very bold and goes great with the $1 and $25. I'd change one of the dg pink spots, either on the quarter or hundo to dg peach.

Yeah I think TRK used to do one. One sweet looking chip!

I like the Mandarin Red/Black but it is a bit close to the Maroon. I'll try a few more combos... :)
I can imagine a way it could be done with double punching a 1/4 pie, but I think the labor involved would make the costs astronomical and they would probably just say no.

Updated mocks exploring DG Peach instead of DG Pink:

line-up-first-mock-dg-peach-quarter.png

line-up-first-mock-100-dgpeach.png

and apologies for the delay, Paul, but here are your nominations for the $5 chips in situ:

line-up-first-mock-dg-peach-quarter-4dsa316-5.png

line-up-first-mock-dg-peach-quarter-6a14-5.png

line-up-first-mock-dg-peach-quarter-4v12-5.png

With respect to the Flamingo, can anyone advise if the orange spot is closer to Orange or DG Orange? DG Orange actually looks darker on my monitor and I don't have a color sample to hand...

I prefer dg pink for both spots. The 25¢ reminds me of the tropicana 25¢ which is HOT!!

IMO all the chips are a lock except the $5. Hard to nail down.

I prefer dg pink for both spots. The 25¢ reminds me of the tropicana 25¢ which is HOT!!

IMO all the chips are a lock except the $5. Hard to nail down.

I think I'm with you on that. I quite like the DG Peach for the 25c but not as much... That could've well been the inspiration for the quarter but I can't find any pics of it now!

Love this lineup but use stocky's 6A14 red chip. I love the red/black quarter pie but may not make sense with frac.
uploadfromtaptalk1431600324457.png

Maroon and dg peach look good. ;)

Spot is way closer to orange.
uploadfromtaptalk1431600469306.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1431600448944.jpg

Prolly stick with dg yellow, canary also shown here. I don't have a Saturn yellow sample but it would have too much green I think. CPC yellow too dark also.
uploadfromtaptalk1431601222313.jpg

Prolly stick with dg yellow, canary also shown here. I don't have a Saturn yellow sample but it would have too much green I think. CPC yellow too dark also.

Thanks, Chris! Ya, I think DG Yellow and Orange are the way to go with the Flamingo. :)

I can't look at this thread without thinking of my long term card protector.

He's made the rounds and is a little beat up. Even guarded my stack in the 2010 WSOP Main Event

As soon as I saw your mandarin red/black $5, I thought.... "hmm, that's a neat look but would look better with either retro blue or dark blue....creating the same basic effect."

Didn't see either one in the second $5 group line-up, so thought I'd share. The charcoal one is nice too, a bit softer look.

'ere we go:

line-up-first-mock-half-dark-blue.png
line-up-first-mock-half-ret-blue.png
line-up-first-mock-half-char.png

Love this lineup but use stocky's 6A14 red chip. I love the red/black quarter pie but may not make sense with frac.

...and here's that option:

line-up-first-mock-6a14-mar-bw.png

I can't look at this thread without thinking of my long term card protector.

He's made the rounds and is a little beat up. Even guarded my stack in the 2010 WSOP Main Event

Ha! Looks like he's seen a lot of action!

It shouldn't but it kinda bothers me that the 614 on the $5 and the 6D18 on the $25 are the same shape...

You could try 614b?

Good call. I think that could work. I bunged in an 814 too, as I'm fond of the Red/Black combo. May be too dark for a slot in the final line up, tho.

6a14.png

I'm calling the first of these $5 "Whiskers". :D

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom