General price of Tina chips. (1 Viewer)

Larold

Pair
Reaction score
Before proceeding, I'm not looking for exact costs - Tina will tell me. I'm just curious what to expect in general.

I will be putting together a large set (Min 2k, Max 4k) of 39mm Tina chips soon. Let's ignore shipping cost.

I need face art aligned with edge art. And, I would guess I also need to decide if to align front and back face art. I would think I have to. Otherwise, it would look weird as either the front or back would not align with the edge stripes.

I'm not sure what else I need to decide on my chips that would affect the cost. (If there are actually mold options that affect price, I am going with standard cards mold.) Given the info so far, -ballpark- how much would you expect per-chip price to be?

Thanks!

By aligned do you mean the label being the same on both sides so when u turn it 180 it’s the same and not upside down or side ways? Not sure if this is an option, try asking Justin. There is an 80$ charge for the labels.

I commissioned art for less than $100. I ordered 2700 chips (200 43mm) through the group buy on no mold. Edges are automatically aligned by default. I supplied the group buy via PM with my art to send to Tina. Had it air shipped to me.

Total cost was under 1200. Shipping was under 200.

This was printed. No label. Edge spots aligned, though not sure about faces being aligned. Never really looked or cared.

By aligned do you mean the label being the same on both sides so when u turn it 180 it’s the same and not upside down or side ways? Not sure if this is an option, try asking Justin. There is an 80$ charge for the labels.
Tom (can't remember his username) sent me some Tina samples recently, and all 8 (out of 8) chips, the front and back are indeed aligned. If you rotate the chip so the artwork is up-right, then flip the chip 180 degrees (horizontally), it's exactly the same on the back.

By aligning, I'm referring to two types in general - I believe (for example) the CPC poker site talks about both:
1. Aligning the face art to the edge art, primarily to get the edge stripes to look nicely aligned
2. Aligning front face art with back face art, as described above.

But when you think about it, it would almost defeat the purpose of doing only 1 above without doing 2. I am hoping that Tina either aligns without extra cost, or if she does alignment, will align both faces to the edge for only one additional cost (as opposed to two different additional costs.)

I commissioned art for less than $100. I ordered 2700 chips (200 43mm) through the group buy on no mold. Edges are automatically aligned by default. I supplied the group buy via PM with my art to send to Tina. Had it air shipped to me.

This was printed. No label. Edge spots aligned, though not sure about faces being aligned. Never really looked or cared.
Thanks so much - this is great info.

I bet both faces were aligned to edge stripes, although perhaps not with each other. It would look weird if only one side of the face art completely ignored where the edge stripes were.

Sorry - couple more questions for you.

By 'printed', this is where coloring / ink is applied directly to the surface of the chip, correct?

It sounds like you got a great price. Did you have to negotiate, or did you just pay whatever price she quoted you?

Tom (can't remember his username) sent me some Tina samples recently, and all 8 (out of 8) chips, the front and back are indeed aligned. If you rotate the chip so the artwork is up-right, then flip the chip 180 degrees (horizontally), it's exactly the same on the back.

By aligning, I'm referring to two types in general - I believe (for example) the CPC poker site talks about both:
1. Aligning the face art to the edge art, primarily to get the edge stripes to look nicely aligned
2. Aligning front face art with back face art, as described above.

But when you think about it, it would almost defeat the purpose of doing only 1 above without doing 2. I am hoping that Tina either aligns without extra cost, or if she does alignment, will align both faces to the edge for only one additional cost (as opposed to two different additional costs.)
The price you see on my group buys are total cost per chip for cards mold not including shipping. They will be printed exactly like the artwork is set up. I think you are over thinking. The "face art " and "edge art" will come out exactly as designed. there are no other charges. Send me a pm if interested in discussing or if I can help you.

The price you see on my group buys are total cost per chip for cards mold not including shipping. They will be printed exactly like the artwork is set up. I think you are over thinking. The "face art " and "edge art" will come out exactly as designed. there are no other charges. Send me a pm if interested in discussing or if I can help you.
I should be all good - thanks!

I would stay away from cards mold. She has better options now. The hybrids are incredible. Scrown and Greek Key. Both roughly the same price and 1000% better IMO.
IMG_3137.jpeg

I would stay away from cards mold. She has better options now. The hybrids are incredible. Scrown and Greek Key. Both roughly the same price and 1000% better IMO.
View attachment 1252974
Is there a full list of all available molds? I only see talk of Greek, Cards, Diamond, and No-mold in Justin's post.

Also, any more info on exactly what a "hybrid" is?

Is there a full list of all available molds? I only see talk of Greek, Cards, Diamond, and No-mold in Justin's post.

Also, any more info on exactly what a "hybrid" is?
Hybrid is ceramic chip with label attached. Not printed on the chip. Much nicer and colors are more vibrant.

Scrown requires a secret password

Are you sure you need this many chips?
Are you seriously asking this question here? lol
My cash set has 2k chips.

Hybrid is ceramic chip with label attached. Not printed on the chip. Much nicer and colors are more vibrant.

Scrown requires a secret password
Gotta say, I don't post much here because I have no idea what I'm reading half the time. Probably the same for most newer members. Is there a guide or database somewhere that I missed? The glossary when referring to molds isn't useful without pics. What is scrown?

Side note: every time I see THC in a post I think to myself "yup gotta be high to attempt deciphering what all this means"

Gotta say, I don't post much here because I have no idea what I'm reading half the time. Probably the same for most newer members. Is there a guide or database somewhere that I missed? The glossary when referring to molds isn't useful without pics. What is scrown?

Side note: every time I see THC in a post I think to myself "yup gotta be high to attempt deciphering what all this means"
I feel the same way. Sometimes it feels like deciphering a secret code.

There is guide, with a glossary - it's part of this thread: https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/new-members-start-here.85303/
All credit to @Machine for setting it up

And to answer the first question, scrown = small crown mold
Oh I did see that when I first joined. Information overload, didn't know there was a mold section to it. Thanks

I guess part of the problem is I don't see crowns. I've been thinking of that as a rock and pebble mold or bead bracelet mold

ha ha ha..........you're joking right? Who doesn't need this many chips.

I most certainly am not joking. I believe in purpose built sets for efficient play, because it saves money (even if it's to buy other purpose built sets). I don't like to waste money because of the time I need to invest to earn it. Why should I encourage others to waste it?

I most certainly am not joking. I believe in purpose built sets for efficient play, because it saves money (even if it's to buy other purpose built sets). I don't like to waste money because of the time I need to invest to earn it. Why should I encourage others to waste it?
I use most of those 2k chips every game. If he determined his game flow needs it then he should get it. I was severely underprepared at 1k chips, then after a 500 add on I thought it was ok until I nearly ran out again, added another 500 and it's been fine so far.

Out of curiosity, how do folks securely get payment to Tina? What was your experience like?

Out of curiosity, how do folks securely get payment to Tina? What was your experience like?
I paid with a bank wire. The bank asked some questions, making sure I knew where my money was going, but everything turned out fine. Just make sure to double check all of the forms the bank gives you before the money is actually sent, and then communicate with Tina to confirm they received it.

Before proceeding, I'm not looking for exact costs - Tina will tell me. I'm just curious what to expect in general.

I will be putting together a large set (Min 2k, Max 4k) of 39mm Tina chips soon. Let's ignore shipping cost.

I need face art aligned with edge art. And, I would guess I also need to decide if to align front and back face art. I would think I have to. Otherwise, it would look weird as either the front or back would not align with the edge stripes.

I'm not sure what else I need to decide on my chips that would affect the cost. (If there are actually mold options that affect price, I am going with standard cards mold.) Given the info so far, -ballpark- how much would you expect per-chip price to be?

Thanks!

The cost avg includes shipping and includes the artwork on all the chips including the aligned edge spots (However!) You must submit accurate art work dimensions, you must accurately calculate the edge spots for the art work as this is not done for you. If done properly the spots are perfect without extra fees. Essentially its artwork submissions without guard rails.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom