New Tina Hybrid 43mm Web Mold Interest (1 Viewer)

If available, would you order a set of 43mm hybrid web mold chips in the next 3 months?

• Yes, I'm ready to order as soon as this mold is available

Votes: 6 14.0%
  • Yes, I will get my artwork ready and order in the next 1-3 months

Votes: 10 23.3%
  • Maybe, but it would be later than 3 months

Votes: 13 30.2%
  • Meh, I'd order if it was a different mold or specs

Votes: 3 7.0%
  • No, not interested in this mold or chip specs

Votes: 9 20.9%
  • Other: [leave a comment]

Votes: 2 4.7%

• Total voters
How can one obtain scrown hybrids? I asked Tina, because I want to order two sets, one on the web mold, one on scrown but she told me the scrown is not a public mold. Who's the guy I need to pm? :D
Someone apparently not on PCF forum... on a different forum I was told.
Is his name one that "must not be mentioned"? Nor, that other forum where " poker chippers" might congregate?

The labels are all Tina and the only one that I did semi gloss on Wed the plain mold hybrid.
Thanks. Gives me hope that they can produce what looks like, at least in an internet photo, a quality product. By the way, I have great appreciation for your various Hardwell Underground series. They incorporate a number of design elements I find appealing.

:rubbing hand together: Come on samples.

Alright ladies and gents. Time for a review of these bad boys! @SeanGecko was kind enough to send me a BoTWMs. That's a Barrel of Tina Web Molds! And let's just say that these are true gamechangers!!! My personal opinion - These blow the cap-dash and the Greek mold out of the water!

First - the feel. As soon as I picked one up, I immediately noticed how grippy it is. Not sure if the cross hatching is deeper or it's the Web mold itself, but these babies feel awesome! Not a hint of a spinner in this barrel.

Next, maybe it's just my eye, but they sure look and feel a bit sharper on the edges. Definitely not Minty Paulson sharp, but sharper than any other Tina chip that I have held.

I also believe they are a tad thicker than previous Tina chips. My barrel came in at over 67mm. Also just a touch over 43mm in diameter.

20240217_143030.jpg

20240217_143130.jpg

Here's a closeup pic next to a 43mm Greek mold.

20240217_144110.jpg

And a couple more pics next to Greek and Cap-dash chips. It even seems like the injection pips are a little less noticeable. Although that may be just because they haven't been printed on yet.

20240217_142538.jpg

20240217_144057.jpg

I love these and will be making some changes to my SRV Texas Flood design, then ordering a large cash set of 43mm Web Molds. I may be happy enough with these to shelve my plans for a set of CPCs with the same design.

So get in your orders PCF. These are real winners!

I'm surprised at there being no spinners given the larger recess. Good to hear!

I'm surprised at there being no spinners given the larger recess. Good to hear!
I think the bigger the recess, the less chance of a spinner. Since spinners happen when the center is taller than the edges, having a larger center area that is set below reduces the chance of the chips touching anywhere other than their outer edges.

I think the bigger the recess, the less chance of a spinner. Since spinners happen when the center is taller than the edges, having a larger center area that is set below reduces the chance of the chips touching anywhere other than their outer edges.
Correct. This is why the hybrid chips have far less spinners than the cards mold chips.

Someone asked how these compare to 43mm cards mold chips. Based on my comments above, you can probably surmise that I think there is no comparison. The grippiness, the thickness, seemingly sharper edges, likelihood of no spinners, and of course better quality artwork on the inlay labels makes the web molds far superior in my eye.

Here's a pic of the stack height difference. I could only find 18 cards mold chips, so a full barrel will have an even greater difference. Sorry the pic is crooked...

20240219_233629.jpg

Regarding weight, the cards mold are actually a tiny bit heavier, but not really enough to notice. I'm assuming that is doe to the large size of the recess, which is 28.3mm on these 43mm chips.

20240220_000208.jpg

20240219_233811.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom