Do Tina chips still break? (1 Viewer)

Larold

Pair
Reaction score
Haven't decided on who I'm getting chips from yet, but if Tina colors are way more vibrant than SF then Tina is the winner so far.

Has anyone out there ordered Tina recently, and if so can you report on breakage percentage? I'm happy to order a few extras if need be, but not a ton.

Also, once the intact ones are shipped and unpacked, have you any break in the course of normal use? Do they stand up to frequent shuffling? Should I order textured chips if I don't like them to be slippery?

Thanks!

Yes, yes they can break, but break in the course of "normal" use? VERY difficult to break in the course of "normal" use. GL!

ABLVV87jzZNA80JSHkjKsHWzplqBsrhNmGn0JzySR77t1Fyr8FHtGGqDgAJmoU4ICINL_8lkczsZ70OKjZyO8-58JsANAwHKXnAGy3XZ082Bbo2OYUz6KMBIO0d4NtJKkEdWIPzL4tJE9Ag1xq5x2j27NscmCMAB76gyAguqN6MDfank2nkhWeJkhesTWNVVAsctQvLZv6AsAJZvy2UFO9Ri_I1btiSyLyvAvkgBhhpkQhKcK14lkvCG8VdaKPM1Yk24Fj_w_SSiVOwQpX_n1-Ge4vhmEb_0LnGVFKcXJAuvRu4GJbgJLMYLAM55JNMedpkcNF0hU5sr8DqqDi1O3rBDrogU4N1DWmsvbLGKDfuN0exZkPW4WeLCu4tjrB4GyVOIsfTndaUQ-New4wdLLGMUF2UA3kt8vY09T8H0NTMnQZhS7KLm0hvzH_BY3OMLO3VUHQQtlKZx-m3g1H8wQ1ghUnwMSHElb5LL7XGwv5_CC9pgI9SEJhBfrj8eyFu6GFJpf61OdiVkzfiE1zyuPqigiRMc6_WHxpCMsp63iaPHIXO6VRYAUDrwXtjkXz2mg5_tqE3prqmMEaumpSe29EY8P4ScdSIUEk5MyME-CnGgaKYyv95oYmiPaLVmj98xZOlfYxlAfi75PNNjXm5sv3a0aBgYTtlTrzvvL-TcgPfI9YsEjTNGthtHalK8tO4pfsb1O5EqwEY-krj2rqSFEofMbiYCzTdkHSedKNJnHJ55zt9Qs817kZQVAvR-qH9wYXKRW01ct2gC_xT_Oic5ap3nGJKWt6Tz-4sUu10weDCQeRBPp938czeR7joCrcEQHHUstRdadRsu7r-KbjJwbwhjsv9sQX7-waQdeImL_09BeGtAPJ5iA5DL0_n8UXlj7DQKvm59PCU=w713-h950-s-no-gm

I ran a group buy with over 10,000 chips. None arrived broken. To me the cards mold are not that slick for plastic. I’ve got a nice Matsui set that is plastic and now those are slick.

I have used them in 20+ games and they show no wear. I bring them when someone else is hosting, they need chips and we are playing on a wood table. They have bounced frequently on wood and none have broken.

Haven't decided on who I'm getting chips from yet, but if Tina colors are way more vibrant than SF then Tina is the winner so far.

Has anyone out there ordered Tina recently, and if so can you report on breakage percentage? I'm happy to order a few extras if need be, but not a ton.

Also, once the intact ones are shipped and unpacked, have you any break in the course of normal use? Do they stand up to frequent shuffling? Should I order textured chips if I don't like them to be slippery?

Thanks!
You won’t have any trouble with breakage. I would recommend getting 25 extra of each denom though. You should definitely get textured chips.

I ordered 3575 Anita's chips (alternate manufacturer) which are very similar cards mold ceramics. 2 chips were broken in shipping. Unless someone intentionally snapped the chips or ran them over with a chair they are fine. That said Paulsons and CPCs are both more durable for chair rollovers....Paulsons show the mark's more.

If the break is clean gorilla glue works well. I’ve done this successfully with several chips — very difficult to tell once the glue has set.

I did this with the two I had snap in shipping. They are now solid zombie chips that fill out racks. I dont think the glued ones have been played yet but I think they'd hold up.

I recomend ordering a roll or two extra of Chinese ceramics when ordering to allow for breakage, loss etc given the low cost

I ordered two sets. None were broken and they don't feel like they'd break unless you really tried to snap them.

Ordered 1600 New Greek Key chips, none broken and I have dropped some on a concrete floor with no breakage there either. I received 24 extras just in case but did not need them.

Got around 1000 and just 1 broke in shipping and none since.

XC4RcQf.png

They're pretty tough and I don't see them breaking in normal play. If you've got players that slam and throw chips I suppose it's possible but that would only happen once in my game.

I had a few cards mold apache empire chips break on me through international delivery. the box got absolutely destroyed through the shipping process, luckily inside was well packaged and they chucked in extra chips to account for it.

20240315_221605.jpg

This happened Tuesday night. One of my players was helping me chip up and dropped it on the floor. My floor is vinyl planking on top of concrete (basement). Not the worst surface. Just be aware it can and does happen occasionally. My set is 1000 chips (now 999) and this is the chips second season.

View attachment 1293489
This happened Tuesday night. One of my players was helping me chip up and dropped it on the floor. My floor is vinyl planking on top of concrete (basement). Not the worst surface. Just be aware it can and does happen occasionally. My set is 1000 chips (now 999) and this is the chips second season.

I agree with LeLe you could stick both ends back together with super glue. If for nothing else than to make a "zombie chip" that acts as a place holder to fill your chip racks.

My only issue with these chips is how to add another set without my wife knowing…

Buy them. When they arrive, put them in a generic box that will fit under the bed. Let her discover them. Then say exactly this: "Wow! I forgot I put those there."

Do not listen to me. I have two ex-wives and a girlfriend who is very skeptical.

Buy them. When they arrive, put them in a generic box that will fit under the bed. Let her discover them. Then say exactly this: "Wow! I forgot I put those there."

Do not listen to me. I have two ex-wives and a girlfriend who is very skeptical.

This is like bringing home more guns and ammo from the range than when you left originally......did she count 3 rifle bags or 4? was that ammo box full when you left?

Last edited:
This is like bringing home more guns and ammo from the range than when you left originally......did she count 3 rifle bags or 4? was that ammo box full when you left?
Exactly where I got this concept. Taught to me by a really old but tiny little green man with pointy ears it was.

Last edited:
isgwUOy.jpg

ToAEHBK.jpg

lBLQ1RC.jpg

These Anita's cards mold ceramics glued together well. One even made it into a game but was swapped out when noticed. No reason to leave the barrels short due to this. I used regular hardware store super glue. It helps that the internal ceramic is somewhat porous looking so glue fills the small gaps and makes a tight bond. If I can find the 2 repaired chips I will try to get a picture, Its obvious they were repaired but at least one tolerated a couple hours of play before I noticed.

I'm the OP and wanted to report that Tina sent me 4,200 chips for my order and none were broken. (One was visibly nicked.) She also sent me 2-4 extras of each of the 14(!) colors I designed, so I have about 30 extras. Very impressed with the integrity of the chip. Now I just need to learn the ideal temp and humidity to store them at...

I'm the OP and wanted to report that Tina sent me 4,200 chips for my order and none were broken. (One was visibly nicked.) She also sent me 2-4 extras of each of the 14(!) colors I designed, so I have about 30 extras. Very impressed with the integrity of the chip. Now I just need to learn the ideal temp and humidity to store them at...
Ceramics are very tough. Just keeping them indoors and out of direct sunlight should be enough.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom