Did you get textured or no texture Tina Chips? Show me! (2 Viewers)

Timmah

Two Pair
Supporter
Reaction score
So I placed an order for the February group buy. I ordered Greek mold no texture. For those of you who have already ordered Tina chips, what did you get and are you happy with your choice? Can you show me your textured or no texture chips?

So I placed an order for the February group buy. I ordered Greek mold no texture. For those of you who have already ordered Tina chips, what did you get and are you happy with your choice? Can you show me your textured or no texture chips?
Greek mold hybrids have texture. Did you mean the difference between no-mold textured and no-mold smooth?

Sorry, I just realized you probably meant the label, textured vs. smooth.
I did a review in another thread recently, and talked about the labels…I’m not a fan of the textured inlays, the semi-gloss are SO much better.
The textured is not very textured, and is extremely shiny. It picks up a lot of glare. It also uses a white vinyl base and colors are printed on top.
The semi-gloss uses a “pearlescent”-type base that is gorgeous. If you have a white background, it looks like it has a pearl quality. If you print a light gray, it ends up looking almost like silver. Since it’s semi-gloss, it doesn’t suffer the same glare problems as the textured. The inlays just seem to glow. For me, it’s semi-gloss on every chip going forward.

That said, there are this folks that prefer the textured, they just don’t like a smooth label. If you can get samples to try, that would be the best to see what works for you.

I got the smooth semi gloss labels and love them. Here’s a photo, just not a close up like I know you want. Mine are black based too.
IMG_5583.jpeg

Last edited:
@tirton What is the texture from the pictures on the right? I'm thinking of getting these.
Also, do I have a choice of the label for the group buy of the Greek molds that is currently being run by Justin? I don't see the option in his og post
The semi-gloss label on the right is very smooth. Like, smartphone-glass smooth, but it's not super shiny.
The textured is lightly textured, and very shiny.
You have a choice of either one, but I think if you are trying to split the cost of the label art fee with others, you may all need to get the same...but I would confirm this with Justin.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom