2017 Postseason (5 Viewers)

How the fuck does Girardi manage the staff like that in a game 7?!?!? I was screaming at the TV to pull CC in the 3rd and the next nerd in the 5th. Joe is great with the kids but my god he's a bad in game pitching manager.

How the fuck does Girardi manage the staff like that in a game 7?!?!? I was screaming at the TV to pull CC in the 3rd and the next nerd in the 5th. Joe is great with the kids but my god he's a bad in game pitching manager.

Looks like you got your wish. Bad move by the Yankees not bringing Girardi back imo.

Its official. He's gone for 2018. I'm glad the Tigers grabbed Gardenhire when they did, because he would be a perfect fit in New York.

EDIT: https://deadspin.com/why-fire-a-winning-manager-1819876333

Gardenhire would've been great. Girardi wasn't good at handling the pitching staff. Actually, he was downright horrible at it. You can get by with a talented team over 162 games doing this but you need to have a good feel for your staff and when to make changes during a 5-7 game playoff series.

Look at game 7 - CC was getting hit very hard but right at players. YOU HAVE EVERY PITCHER AVAILABLE IN A GAME 7. There is ZERO reason to leave CC in there laboring in the 4th. Bring in Tanaka for an inning off 1 days' rest. Bring in Robertson. Bring in anyone but the human Werner von Braun of basehits (Chad Green). He treated the game like a random Tuesday in July.

I actually like what he did with the youngsters in the clubhouse but they need a bench coach that relates to the players and a manager that knows how to handle a staff when their starter doesn't give them 6 innings and let them goto the holy trinity of Robertson-Betances-Chapman.

Yet another reason to go for the Astros. #HoustonStrong!

IMG_20171026_112828.jpg

This is quite a series to watch. My sleep schedule is definitely looking forward to tomorrow night.

I've really enjoyed this World Series. I'm rooting for Houston simply because of the Verlander trade. Its looking like a great move by Houston. He has been on fire since he joined the team.

Looking forward to seeing him pitch tomorrow night

I've really enjoyed this World Series. I'm rooting for Houston simply because of the Verlander trade. Its looking like a great move by Houston. He has been on fire since he joined the team.

Looking forward to seeing him pitch tomorrow night

Verlander has been money for the Astros. But don't forget, Curtis Granderson is on the Dodgers, even if he was left off the World Series roster.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom