2017 Postseason (1 Viewer)

In hindsight, the managerial decision not to challenge the hit-by-pitch in game two where the Yankees lead by five was a obvious mistake. It is rare to have such a clean situation where the game is affected by a coaching decision. We have a very strong argument that the game's outcome ended up riding on the decision not to review the play.

So my question for the Yankee faithful and sports fans in general is: Should the Yankees lose today, does that mean the coach is getting fired? His contract is up this year - there is going to be a decision to find a new coach or keep the one already in place anyway.

Girardi was likely fired at the end of the season if he hadn't won this series. He's great for the kids on the team but he's an awful, terrible in-game manager.

That said, I do like the way he handled the pitching staff in subsequent games (though it's easy when your starters give you Quality Starts).

We're on to Houston!!!!

Goodnight, Cleveland.

Hello, Houston!
With Cleveland out of the picture now I can finally return my focus to the National League without attracting quite as much wifey scorn. Tribe first always but then Cubs and Dodgers, two teams I admired growing up.

As much press as Judge and Sanchez get, Didi is likely the feather in Cashman's cap. To replace Jeter with this kid and watch him blossom so quickly and be better defensively than Jeter ever was, flip play notwithstanding, is unbelievable.

Joe should've been signed before the playoffs. He's great for the kids and starters. He's accountable. They said they won for him. We don't win anything without his judgment against Minnesota and again last night. That's all you can really ask for. Good far outweighs the bad.

Screenshot_2017-10-13-01-00-37.jpg

Glad I never jumped on with the Washington teams. I’ll always pull for them, but they aren’t my first choice. I’m not really into hockey or basketball, so I’m indifferent on the Caps and Wizards.

Go Astros!!!!

And the 'Stros pen is why they probably won't advance far. Hinch had no business pulling Cullers with a 4-1 lead.

Houston shoulda got swept.

Bombers look so resilient for a young team. Really enjoying this series. Game 5 should be interesting.

Was pretty sure after how the first 2 went down that last night was over at 3-0, but man this team is surprising me nightly. Haven't felt this way in a very long time.

If Judge and Sanchez get hot, we can win a title. For real.

Even if they lose, they'll be so much better off for the experience. Imagine where they'd be if they didn't blow a 5 run lead against Cleveland or didnt have so many defensive and baserunning lapses in games 1 and 2... Tighten that up and man, they're dangerous.

Last edited:
The networks are salivating over the potential of a LA-NY World Series.

And when I said Houston shoulda got swept, I guess I meant that they wasted two solid pitching performances in the first two games, but I didn't mean to take away from Houston, who shut them down. I guess I should've said, "Houston shoulda could've got swept."

They didn't waste those starts because they won. Came close to wasting them but got it done. To lose last night was a big blow though. But going home with Keuchel pitching, they have to be confident. Our starters have been as tremendous as I can ever remember a Yanks staff being though. Exceedingly surprised at this daily.

Verlander was unreal in Game 2. A complete game? BLASPHEMY.

They may have the Randy Johnson-Curt Schilling action going right now. Hope not.

I meant the Yankees wasted two solid pitching performances in the first two games.

And when I said Houston shoulda got swept, I guess I meant that they the Yankees wasted two solid pitching performances in the first two games

Best of three and with Houston's rotation and having Game 6 and 7 at home, I don't like the Yankees' chances, but that's why they play them.

MLB would cream their underwear if a NY-LA WS happens. Two major media markets? A revenue making wet dream.

So like I was saying, no worries with Tanaka on the bump.

:rolleyes:

I didn't even see one pitch, just the final. Came home from work, changed, left for hockey, just got home.

Tanaka dominated. Keuchel got handled but not lit up. Hoping the same goes for Verlander.

Really amazed at this run. Haven't felt this good about my team or a run since 2003. Feels pure again.

If it gets to game 7, Keuchel may be available for relief, but he will have last night in his head and Verlander will not be available.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom