Whats for Breakfast? (1 Viewer)

70916441-485A-401A-9909-CE917622E025.jpeg

Recently learned about cooking scrambled eggs with a double boiler, and it is a game changer! I encourage you all to try it, it's quite simple and results in unbelievably fluffy and creamy eggs.

- Add about 2" of water to a saucepan and bring to a boil
- While waiting for the water, whisk together eggs and salt in a metal mixing bowl - this will serve as the top of the double boiler, so it should be able to sit on top of the saucepan without touching the water, it's ok if the edges of the bowl extend past the saucepan
- Once the water is boiling, add cheese to the mixing bowl at this point if you want, I usually use 1 tbsp cream cheese per 2 or 3 eggs, but any cheese you like will do
- Put the mixing bowl on top of the saucepan and continuously stir with a silicone spatula. The cheese will incorporate with the eggs
- Keep stirring and scraping all of the egg off the sides/bottom of the bowl. Never stop stirring! This should only take a couple minutes
- If you're used to doing scrambled eggs in a frying pan, these may look undercooked to your eye. Test with a food thermometer if you are unsure, but they should look slightly underdone
- Remove from heat, serve immediately with fresh cracked pepper

I usually make my scrambled eggs this what but just in a non-stick sauce pan going on and off the heat and stirring constantly. It's probably a little bit more finiky but less dishes. I like the double broiler idea!

We call them Bum Sandwiches. LOVE making those!!! I love the buttery middle piece!! Do you use a shot glass to make the hole?
We've got a round measuring cup with no handle that works great for the hole. I've only done it a few times and I'm still perfecting the cook time and temp. That one turned out pretty well this morning. The toast was crispy and the egg was cooked but not overdone. The yolk was still runny inside.

I'm jealous of @BonScot because Scottish breakfasts on our trip were so good. Wish I could get a breakfast like that here. I think about it every morning when I'm making breakfast now. It was like 8 things on a plate and they were all tasty. Even the haggis wasn't bad.

We've got a round measuring cup with no handle that works great for the hole. I've only done it a few times and I'm still perfecting the cook time and temp. That one turned out pretty well this morning. The toast was crispy and the egg was cooked but not overdone. The yolk was still runny inside.

I'm jealous of @BonScot because Scottish breakfasts on our trip were so good. Wish I could get a breakfast like that here. I think about it every morning when I'm making breakfast now. It was like 8 things on a plate and they were all tasty. Even the haggis wasn't bad.
Dunno what you’re making but it isn’t toad in the hole :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:
218AA6D1-7A4D-470A-86DE-1D8291E30AB3.jpeg

That’s Toad in the hole.

One thing about us Scots we know how to do a heart attack on a plate for breakfast!!

Dunno what you’re making but it isn’t toad in the hole :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

That’s Toad in the hole.

One thing about us Scots we know how to do a heart attack on a plate for breakfast!!
I have no idea how to make that version, but it looks good! My wife made the egg in a slice of bread version one time on a whim for the kids and looked it up online and that seems to be called Toad in the Hole too, unless it has another name.

I have no idea how to make that version, but it looks good! My wife made the egg in a slice of bread version one time on a whim for the kids and looked it up online and that seems to be called Toad in the Hole too, unless it has another name.
Lost in translation mate :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

Toed in the hole is when you get a boot up the arse

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom