What other things are you a "snob" about (1 Viewer)

Because the Macbook keyboard (especially the spacebar) is not only just about the worst trash available, but if you spill, say, just -- literally -- one teaspoon of, say, red wine on it, you can trash the whole thing, unless you're willing to shell out ~$800 for keyboard replacement?

(Guess what happened to my Macbook a few weeks ago...) :eek:
Well, you are not supposed to drop any liquids on the keyboard! I always new you were drinking when you were posting!:ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

It's funny how many people mention Asics. I have been running/walking in Asics GT 2000's since about 1992, nothing else will do.

And yet no one I've ever met wears Asics tennis shoes. Huh. They have existed. Is that just a sport they've ignored, technologically?

It's funny how many people mention Asics. I have been running/walking in Asics GT 2000's since about 1992, nothing else will do.

That's all I wear now too.

2018-01-25_15-50-37.png

Shaving . . . though not so much as I used to be. I can shave with a straight razor and own some that were manufactured before my country was even a country. They are almost all in fine working order, and you will never get a closer shave than you can with naked steel.
Also, runners . . . Adidas Stan Smith shoes, and nothing else.

I call everything that a company like Adidas/Nike/Brooks/etc produces "running shoes". It's a Canuck thing . . . like how the Brits call everything "trainers".

I call everything that a company like Adidas/Nike/Brooks/etc produces "running shoes". It's a Canuck thing . . . like how the Brits call everything "trainers".

i wear trainers still..;)

I'm sure they were just talking about pierogies and snow and shit, but let's cut it out, all right?

If you want to see this seventh card, you're gonna stop speaking fuckin' Sputnik.

Grew up in New Jersey. When I moved to VA it was a shock as to what passed as 'good' pizza.
I know there are places in this country that lack good pizza - it's why chains like papa johns are able to exist. What burns me is that New Yorkers think they're the only place in the country with good pizza. It's ridiculous. And aside from the fact that you actually can get good NY style pizza outside of NY, what's more important is there's a whole world of pizza out there. Chicago deep dish, Sicilian thick crust, greek style pizza, the list goes on - when it comes to pizza, if you discriminate, you're only screwing yourself.

I know there are places in this country that lack good pizza - it's why chains like papa johns are able to exist. What burns me is that New Yorkers think they're the only place in the country with good pizza. It's ridiculous. And aside from the fact that you actually can get good NY style pizza outside of NY, what's more important is there's a whole world of pizza out there. Chicago deep dish, Sicilian thick crust, greek style pizza, the list goes on - when it comes to pizza, if you discriminate, you're only screwing yourself.
Thank you. Personally, I think NY style pizza totally sucks. Even in NY.

Being a former Chicagoan - The best pizzas that I have found have been from little known places in NY, though Las Vegas has really been throwing together some competitive pies lately as well.

While I'm not going to argue the quality of Lou Malnati's, it's not what I look for in a pizza. In a casserole, definitely, but I'd hardly call it pizza.

...and proof that I am a food snob.

My father grew up in Long Island, and we used to go up quite a bit. I essentially grew up on that style pizza. In MD, there were a few places that had pizza almost as good, and my dad would take us all of the time. Then, one day, all 4 of them just .. disappeared.

I prefer NY style pizza, with the thin dough, semi this orangish sauce that when you pick up a slice with just cheese, if wilts and starts to drip off. Pizza needs to be folded.

But, I am also not a foodie, and all I want on my pizza is cheese, along with some pepperoni and sausage. The first time I try a new pizza place though, I always get a slice of cheese only. If the base isn't good, I will pass.

BBQ Snob. Anything BBQing...Meat, drink, etc.

Need beverages while preparing/cooking...nice BBQ drink is a Moscow Mule.
Moscow Mules.jpg

Hamburgers...starts with grinding the meat. 2 parts chuck, 2 parts short ribs, 1 part brisket. Cook on original Webber Kettle grill. Cook indirect...coals to one side, piece of red oak for nice flavor, slab of onion goes on at same time as burgers, buttered buns hit the heat just before burgers come off...nice red wine with burgers (a Pinot or Zin is great with burgers).
burgers.jpg

Burgers on grill.jpg

Surf n turf is a favorite as well...filet with lobster tails. Again, prepared on simple Original Webber Kettle grill.
surf n turf.jpg

Other BBQ tools include a Santa Maria grill...chicken and tri-tip cooked over red oak are great on this grill.
Chicken.jpg

BBQ is from Texas, by Lyfe Tyme...slow cooked ribs, brisket, etc...
baby backs.jpg

bbq.jpg

Need a good selection of wine on hand to pair with what ever comes off the BBQ...

Cellar 2017 04 12.jpg

BBQ Snob at it's best....

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom