What other things are you a "snob" about (1 Viewer)

hecula1.jpg
hecula2.png
Nice. Our favorite little-known Spanish wines are Mencias and Monastrells, mostly -- but not all -- from Levante. And many excellent Garnachas from Priorat can be found at lower cost than anything bearing the buzzy Rioja name.

I remember this Monastrell in particular, from Bodegas Castano. Looks like they've got a couple label variations.

I love Scotty Cameron putters, but only his old (Newport Button Back and before) and OTR stuff. I also like his older legit tour stuff, made for you know... The Tour. Not the stuff he just puts a circle T stamp on and sells for $2K. I'm not a tour player and think the prices of 99% those sticks are not worth anywhere near what you are getting. IMO all of his new stuff is mass produced crap.

I also really like a lot of his old headcovers, but again, the new stuff is very much lacking in creativity.

I love Scotty Cameron putters, but only his old (Newport Button Back and before) and OTR stuff. I also like his older legit tour stuff, made for you know... The Tour. Not the stuff he just puts a circle T stamp on and sells for $2K. I'm not a tour player and think the prices of 99% those sticks are not worth anywhere near what you are getting. IMO all of his new stuff is mass produced crap.

I also really like a lot of his old headcovers, but again, the new stuff is very much lacking in creativity.

Agreed, the circle T’s should be reserved for players on tour. But like any hobby there are people willing to pay thousands for exclusive product. Scotty stopped taking chances and being innovative once the cash started rolling in. Why try something new when recycled ideas are making you millions? Yep, I currently have a custom fitted Newport but Tbh I putted the best with my old odyssey #7 that got stolen

Apple sells keyboard condoms for that very reason. See below:

88F3DD75-A9FE-445B-AAC9-227C0BAB4248.jpeg
5E89386C-45AE-49F9-9379-4B20D0828819.jpeg
Because the Macbook keyboard (especially the spacebar) is not only just about the worst trash available, but if you spill, say, just -- literally -- one teaspoon of, say, red wine on it, you can trash the whole thing, unless you're willing to shell out ~$800 for keyboard replacement?

(Guess what happened to my Macbook a few weeks ago...) :eek:

Wine and bourbon whiskey.
Cars and motorsport gear (this saved me from the above).

Pens - I like Montblanc
Low End of High End stereo equipment (what I can afford)
1911 style handguns (Ed Brown, Nighthawk, Les Baer, etc)
Louis Vuitton wallets
Watches (again, what I can afford)

I've been called a beer snob but it's not necessarily true. I prefer to think I'm a beer geek. Do I enjoy bohemian pilsener in the summer or wet-hop ales in the fall? Hell yes, does that mean I would turn my nose up at a half-frozen PBR or a basement temperature Yuengling Lager? Absolutely not! Hell I grew up on Vitamin Y. I can appreciate and enjoy all beer no matter the perceived value.

Beer
Bourbon
Golf Equipment
Food - I like to enjoy what I eat.

When I drink a beer I want to enjoy as well as the bourbon.

Is that type of directional freezing going to work if the water sources are separated? Or is the idea to pull the ice trays out while there is still some water left in the bottom of the trays?
Need an opening at bottom of your ice mold so the air can be forced out before the bottom freezes.

....Alcohol (should be American)....

If you mean that you prefer to support American products, fine.

But if you actually think that American whiskies, wines, beer, etc. are without question the best, then ... you go right ahead. It's your money.

But the real snobs are going to be laughing at you. :cool

A good friendship of mine started when the other person (a friend's friend whom I had never met) felt he had to meet me when he was informed that I made ice cubes out of select mineral water; not tap crap.

Yeah, the main idea is to freeze from the top down. That is why the cooler and tap water inside the cooler around the trays (obv not exceeding the height of the tray) are necessary to provide insulation around the trays, but not above them. The only PITA is that you have to chisel the trays loose from the surrounding crappy ice. If I ever get this project going, I will let ya know how it goes...
Just bite the bullet and buy an ice mold from Wintersmiths...

If you mean that you prefer to support American products, fine.

But if you actually think that American whiskies, wines, beer, etc. are without question the best, then ... you go right ahead. It's your money.

But the real snobs are going to be laughing at you. :cool
No such thing as foreign bourbon, and other than beer that's all I drink. Although every time I have tried scotch, it tasted like bourbon that somebody ruined with a scoop of dirt.

Sports Tickets...
When I go to an event or buy tickets, I want to sit as close to the action as possible*.

Now, if you GIVE me tickets, or invite me along, I am just as happy to go to the game and sit wherever the seats are. I am very grateful for those situations.

*If those tickets are beyond expensive, I will buy tickets in which my budget allows.
100% with you on this one! If i'm taking the time and money going to a game/event, I'm GETTING GOOD seats!! ...otherwise, I'd just rather watch on a big HD TV at home. No nosebleed seats if it's on my dime.

- sporting event tickets
- women

but mostly:

- golf courses,

some notables that i have played include:

Augusta National
Pine Valley
Crystal Downs
Peachtree
East Lake
TPC Sawgrass
Pinehurst #2, #4, #8
Arcadia Bluffs
Kiawah Island - Ocean Course
Ocean Forest
Sea Island - Seaside
Atlanta Athletic Club
Streamsong - Red, Blue and Black

Whisky
Books
Cast iron pans (pre-1960 American made)
Clothing
Good food (doesn’t have to be fancy or expensive, just good.)

No such thing as foreign bourbon, and other than beer that's all I drink. Although every time I have tried scotch, it tasted like bourbon that somebody ruined with a scoop of dirt.

That's what wine drinkers call "terroir". :cool

Out of curiosity, have you tasted cognac or armagnac?

That's what wine drinkers call "terroir". :cool

Out of curiosity, have you tasted cognac or armagnac?
I've not had the pleasure of cognac or armagnac. Or sake. Or good brandy. Or good schnapps. The bourbon has me hooked. And wheat beer. I would try all those other things if offered I'm sure.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom