What other things are you a "snob" about (4 Viewers)

Beer mostly. Board games too, probably, though I'm not as deep in the Euro-game scene as a lot of people.
I am not so picky about what I play, but I am incredibly picky about which ones I own. More so now that I am 20 years into modern board gaming and I know what I will be happy to have on my shelf.

>IPA

Fixed it for ya!

That's what I mean -- quality means different things to different people. To almost all the really serious beer drinkers I know, IPAs are the one-trick-ponies of beer. Basically, good beer corrupted to overwhelmingly favor one aspect of beer flavor: hops without any balancing factor.

Soap - I don’t like it when it starts to get small so I toss it earlier than I should.

Let's leave sex out of the discussion, shall we?

Oh, you meant soap. Never mind.

But incorporating the last sliver into a new bar is an art worth mastering. Particularly with:

Cussons.jpg

But the odd thing is that the more expensive the hotel, the thinner the toilet paper. You can watch television through the toilet paper at a Ritz-Carlton...(don't ask).

Copy and paste from the soap vs hand sanitizer thread (thanks zombie!):

My finger smells like poo.

Now before I make you a sandwich, would you rather I wash my hands with soap and water, or just dab a little scented alcohol-based gel to the mixture?

Frogzilla and BGinGA like this.

Where I choose to live
Beer (I am a S.N.O.B. (supporter of native oregon beer))
Food (Cooking and 5 star Restaurants)
Swanky Bars for fine cocktails
Dive bars (Dark and Jazzy)
Music
Live Music (Especially WHO I choose to see play AND where)
Musical Instruments (PRS, Warwick, DW, etc)
Speakers (If I could afford them....Bang and Olufson, mmmmmmm)
Guitar and Bass Amps (Matchless, Bad Cat, Gallien Krueger)
Guitar and Bass pedals and pedal boards
Women (my wife rules)
Friends (yeah, kinda lonely as a result!)
Coffee (currently sippin' on Cafe Milagro from Costa Rica....wanna try Equator Estate)
My Margarita Recipe: attention to detail, precision, and quality sums it up nicely.

Last edited:
Toilet paper.

I guess I could add this to the list. What I don't understand, is WHY do people choose dry paper alone to wipe their ass? This makes zero sense. If you get shit on your finger, do you wipe it off with a dry piece of toilet paper or do you use soap and water? I am all for Bidets and wet wipes....then maybe a wipearoo of the dry, lol. Take care of your chocolate balloon knots people!

That's what I mean -- quality means different things to different people. To almost all the really serious beer drinkers I know, IPAs are the one-trick-ponies of beer. Basically, good beer corrupted to overwhelmingly favor one aspect of beer flavor: hops without any balancing factor.
I won't argue - I enjoy most all styles of beer with the exception of sours. My favorite depends on the season. My comment was messing with @liftapint as it was made clear in another thread that IPA were the go to for her. I love a good IPA, but it better be balanced. Hops and Bitterness or it might as well be labeled orange juice ;)

Oh yeah, and shoes. I usually go for custom Eccos for work or other dressy situations, Keens for hiking, and give me Asics running shoes for long walks, runs or whatever exercise. Comfort, comfort, comfort. Life is to short to wear cheap uncomfortable shoes.

Yup. I am getting a freezer chest in the garage. Not just to make crystal clear ice in, but we need the extra freezer space. How do you guys make your ice? I was going to use filtered boiled water in Tovolo ice trays placed in a topless cooler inside the freezer with water surrounding the trays. Is there a better way?

I guess I could add this to the list. What I don't understand, is WHY do people choose dry paper alone to wipe their ass? This makes zero sense. If you get shit on your finger, do you wipe it off with a dry piece of toilet paper or do you use soap and water? I am all for Bidets and wet wipes....then maybe a wipearoo of the dry, lol. Take care of your chocolate balloon knots people!
If anybody’s gonna be near there, it will get a good cleaning with soap and water. Otherwise, a good wiping with quality paper is sufficient. It stays tucked up in the bum in the underwear in the pants, very much self contained, away from everybody and everything.
Fingers are quite different and require a good cleaning regularly.

Yup. I am getting a freezer chest in the garage. Not just to make crystal clear ice in, but we need the extra freezer space. How do you guys make your ice? I was going to use filtered boiled water in Tovolo ice trays placed in a topless cooler inside the freezer with water surrounding the trays. Is there a better way?

If there IS a better way, I doubt it could sound any more badass than that.

Copy and paste from the soap vs hand sanitizer thread (thanks zombie!):

My finger smells like poo.

Now before I make you a sandwich, would you rather I wash my hands with soap and water, or just dab a little scented alcohol-based gel to the mixture?

Frogzilla and BGinGA like this.

Finger poo. It starts in one place, then the next thing you know, there are traces of it everywhere. :unsure:

huh. What are you dippin yo fries in sir? How fancy does it get?! I could see BBQ sauce....but Ketchup? I am all in to try others but here is my list:

1. HEINZ
37. Portland Ketchup
147. Ketchup in packets.....ewwwwww
789. Del Monte Catsup - now this stuff should be illegal.

lol, I am having fun this AM

Last edited:
huh. What are you dippin yo fries in sir? How fancy does it get?! I could see BBQ sauce....but Ketchup? I am all in to try others but here is my list:

1. HEINZ
37. Portland Ketchup
147. Ketchup in packets.....ewwwwww
789. Del Monte Catsup - now this stuff should be illegal.

lol, I am having fun this AM

Yeah, we only buy Heinz. It is the one item that we won't change ..
Although, I really only put it on Hamburgers and Hotdogs. I prefer my fries salted only.

Oh, and I much prefer Coke products over Pepsi products. (except for mountain dew, I do enjoy that every once in a while).

give me Asics running shoes for long walks, runs or whatever exercise. Comfort, comfort, comfort.

Getting fitted at the ASICS store for the gym and work (sub teacher) a couple years ago changed my life. I’ve worn other footware since for other occasions, but I’ll never go back from ASICS.

I buy bagged ice. It is surprisingly high quality. I hooked my R.O. filter to my freezer-ice-maker and that worked pretty well also until the ice maker crapped out.

I won't say I am really a snob for anything. I do have some preferences for coffee, single malt scotch of course chips. Love great coffee and will not drink coffee in most restaurants. I love all kinds of single malts and will not settle for blends. I love chips but strongly prefer THC mold and Las Vegas house molds. I guess I am a bit snobby with my briefcase as well. I will not get rid of my old, really worn but nicely broken in, King Ranch Saddle Shop briefcase. I should replace it but not sure I want to spend that much for a briefcase at this time!!!

Is that type of directional freezing going to work if the water sources are separated? Or is the idea to pull the ice trays out while there is still some water left in the bottom of the trays?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom