What do you think about double board PLHE bomb pots? (1 Viewer)

For a game that’s never had bomb pots and some people aren’t good with PLO:

• Try double board PLHE bomb pots

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • Try double board NLHE bomb pots

Votes: 6 30.0%
  • Teach them Omaha and do double board PLO bomb pots

Votes: 5 25.0%
  • Don’t mess up a game that works - no gimmicks!

Votes: 6 30.0%

• Total voters
Hate when you guys quote me. I have to read back what I wrote.

I have the WORSE? WORST? grammar lol
im bad to man , English language is pretty stupid as far as languages go. If you can understand what I mean who cares , nobody got time for that if the MacBook dont catch it im letting it ride. LOL

Personally I despise adulterating hold em in any way. I am, extremely so, not a fan of stand up game, 7/2, etc.

The entire point of hold em is it's a solved game and meta strategy these days. If we're playing hold em, then let's play some damn hold em!

On the other hand, there's a reason when you walk into a room the entire hold em table looks board, exhausted, and on the verge of crying/screaming/going to sleep. Meanwhile the other tables are loud, boisterous, crying laughing, etc. All these nonsense add ons to generate action, break up the monotony, create some fun - to me, just try mixed games at that point.

edit - to say that my experience is very limited. but my personal experience is when someone is running these I often think of as being poorly done and trying to generate *something*, whether that's fun or simply action or someone getting stacked. I don't think the games are necessarily being cultivated in a meaningful way, it's just tossing things against a wall and see what sticks without any strategy. I can see the point of slowly trying things like maybe adding 1 double board hold em per hour to test the waters. But again, all we're doing is tossing in dead money and a second board - essentially a luck roll. Personally I think most groups would do far better doing maybe a triple hand hold or something similar once an hour - changing the actual dynamics of the hand more so than just "action". Even better would be setting aside the last hour or last rotation (or two!) for some extremely light DC to dip the toes.

Solved game?

Multiway no limit is not solved. (Heads up limit, maybe.)

But there isn’t anywhere close to enough computing power to solve 9-handed no limit, from what I’ve read and listened to from computer scientists. And there may never be enough due to the extent of the game tree.

There certainly are programs which approximate solutions for a range of very similar heads up no limit situations, using a limited number of bet sizes. Against weak or even average players, this may be nearly as good as solved. Not truly solved by a textbook definition.

But 100% solved? News to me.

@BarrieJ3 is conveying the sentiment that there's a dichotomy these days for NLHE players. You're either a misreg who knows when to commit their stack or a pure novice who can punt with second pair no kicker. When you assemble a table of 6 - 8 players whose skill levels are at least somewhat competent, that's when NLHE really starts to clamp down on the throat of action. There's very little excitement and joy because of the constant threat to your entire stack. But if there's no action (barring coolers) that's when these methods of artificially creating action are made.

But at that point, like Barrie says, you might as well play mixed games, because the table is admitting that the game isn't conducive to the betting that there ought to be, given the parameters and rules of NLHE itself.

Posted this in the wrong thread;

I think a bomb pot every 9 to 10 hands is too often. Once an hour is our sweet spot.

However by midnight we r doing full orbits of it lol

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom