NIT/Stand-up Game for NLHE/PLO rotation (1 Viewer)

krafticus

Straight Flush
Supporter
Reaction score
Questions for the masses. Because my cash game severely lacks from action (not really), I was thinking about getting NIT buttons made for a little extra fun. My cash game is an orbit of NLHE followed by an orbit of PLO, ... and repeat.

1) Does it matter that the game could (and mostly will) change in the middle of the NIT game?
2) Playing $.25/$.50 ($100 initial buy-in, with 1/2 big stack match) (with $5 D.B. PLO bomb pots), what would be a "fair" amount to pay each player when losing? We usually get a full table (10), so losing 1/2 a buy-in losing the game seems a tad too much.
3) With the above .. how would the NIT game work with a double board bomb pot in the middle of the NIT game where pots could be split?
4) What are the NIT game rules on a chopped pot.

I mean, in the end, I really just want to get new chips made .... :)

Thanks in advance.

Would really be interested in some Nit Button, have thought about introducing the game.

1) I haven't really seen a switching of games during the middle of the Nit game.
2) Usually 5BB makes sense so people don't try and snipe the last two Nits, but at $2.5 a player x 10 players, $25 or a 1/4 of a buy in is a lot to lose at once.
It might be fine if the Nit game is only 1-2 time a night.
Potential complex solution: Make the loser pay $10~$15 dollars to a splash pot fund that is splashed in increments every X minutes.
3) I have seen streams where in a run a twice situation, the winner of top board from the dealer wins the Nit. If top board is chopped, no one wins.
4) No one wins? Suit plays? 6th Card kicker plays?

Nit buttons like this?

IMG_1259.jpeg

Stand up game with PLO sounds expensive. I guess I’d suggest extending the orbit of NLHE until the stand up game is over.

If you stuck with 5bb per as a penalty, that would be a good excuse to get some snappers on the table, ammirite?

Stand up game with PLO sounds expensive. I guess I’d suggest extending the orbit of NLHE until the stand up game is over.

If you stuck with 5bb per as a penalty, that would be a good excuse to get some snappers on the table, ammirite?
no snappers. I'd probably start with a $2 penalty, and if it doesn't cause enough pain, move it up accordingly. People in my game really like max pain. I'd also get custom NIT buttons made as well. :)

I have 2 sets of custom sit down buttons. See below. The Willie don’t care buttons are awesome and were designed by @Colquhoun.

1. We rotate between big o and plo. We start the game on plo and it often filters into big o. You have to win the high in big o to get a button so that is actually good for the game. Switching games doesn’t matter.

2. This one is hard to answer but the penalty should be enough to incentivize players to play.

3. For bomb pots, a person gets a button if that player scoops the bomb pot. And, if the game is not currently going, players gets a button for the next stand up game (but can only get one) if that player scoops.

4. If players run it twice, the winner of the first board gets the button.

5. If two players tie and chop the pot, no button is awarded.

We have found that the stand up game gets stale a lot of times for 2 reasons 1) once a player wins a button there is no incentive for that player to keep playing, and 2) if u have a few nits at the table the game can drag on forever.

To correct that problem we have turbo charged the game. I laid out the rules in another thread but the basics are that in a 9 handed game (8 buttons), the stand up game will last basically 1 round. Every time a player wins a hand, that player is awarded a button. A player can win more than one button. The game is over when all buttons have been won. Anyone without a button is a loser. So if we are playing $10/man ($80 total), and @krafticus wins 5 buttons and I win 3 buttons that means 7 players lost (and must pay $80) and each player must pay Krafty $50 and me $30. That means Krafty wins $350 and I win $210. Nobody loses more than they would have in the regular game but there can be multiple losers. The beauty of this version is it incentives everyone to play and the game is over relatively quickly. You can do it once a night or multiple times.
IMG_7289.jpeg

My preferences:

1) NLHE / PLO with extra incentive like a nit penalty play slightly differently because the equities distribution is closer (especially pre and flop) but everyone playing same rules so it’s fair

2) probably $2 or $3 to each player ($18 or $27 total) depending how deep it gets…if mostly $100 deep $2/player is plenty.

3) I probably wouldn’t have the nit game running for the double board bomb hand

4) chopped because playing same hand, everyone keeps their nit game, chopped because of running it twice then first board settles the nit game

My preferences:

1) NLHE / PLO with extra incentive like a nit penalty play slightly differently because the equities distribution is closer (especially pre and flop) but everyone playing same rules so it’s fair

2) probably $2 or $3 to each player ($18 or $27 total) depending how deep it gets…if mostly $100 deep $2/player is plenty.

3) I probably wouldn’t have the nit game running for the double board bomb hand

4) chopped because playing same hand, everyone keeps their nit game, chopped because of running it twice then first board settles the nit game
Agree with all of this.

Only add is a $5 bomb pot at those blinds is really high. Bomb pot and nit game should match at 6BB or so IMO.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom