How to introduce Bomb pots into home game ? (1 Viewer)

Bomb pots are really fun and a great gateway into more degen games lol

I introduced NLHE double board bomb pots into my group a few years ago and they really caught on. You can later add in pineapple or PLO double board bomp pots to spice things up even more.

We use a bomb pot button and a dealer button. Bomb pot button only moves after a bomb pot and moves counter clockwise. When the bomb pot button and the dealer button line up, a bomb pot is dealt. In our 0.25/0.50 game the bomb pot is $2 per person. Below are the various bomb pots I've gotten and use in our game.

a7UlZbeh.jpg

You could also do a timed bomb pot every half hour or hour or any other way you want. The idea that bomb pots coming out when a certain condition is met like how you did with all suits is a great idea and adds more fun to the game as people cheer and hope for/against that last suited card.

We always prefered double board bomb pots due to the ability to split and how difficult it should be to scoop a bomb pot. Bomb pots can also get pretty spicy and wild which is good or bad depending on how you and your poker crew view it. For us, hearing the words "rebuy" right after a bomb pot is always exciting.

IY08ZaJh.jpg

mo8pEw1h.jpg
Love your set up those buttons are great ! Definitely makes it a more degen game. Hope when I have a full table it’s just as much of a hit. Normally I get 8-9 guys last night we played with 5. It actually made introducing this easier. Hope I have some of the same players for the next game that liked it so I can get the other players on board (peer pressure lol).

Awesome man thanks for this post !

For sure! Bomb pots were the beginning. As they got more familiar with PLO and Pineapple we started to add them into full game rotations (round of each, maybe dealers choice but honestly round of each runs much more smoothly). It took some time but I have not converted my normal home game into a full circus game. It just required having the right people and slowly introducing more games. If you ever make it to a PCF meet up, circus games are what feeds those. Degen to the max on some of those games lol

For sure! Bomb pots were the beginning. As they got more familiar with PLO and Pineapple we started to add them into full game rotations (round of each, maybe dealers choice but honestly round of each runs much more smoothly). It took some time but I have not converted my normal home game into a full circus game. It just required having the right people and slowly introducing more games. If you ever make it to a PCF meet up, circus games are what feeds those. Degen to the max on some of those games lol
I love it. I definitely hope to make it to a meet up eventually. If there’s ever anything local to me I’d be more inclined. For now I’m smack dad in the middle of dad life with a 12yo, 4yo and 2yo so just getting to play in my basement once a month is awesome.
Everyone on this forum is great would definitely love to play in some of those games

I introduced NLHE double board bomb pots into my group a few years ago and they really caught on. You can later add in pineapple or PLO double board bomp pots to spice things up even more.

We use a bomb pot button and a dealer button. Bomb pot button only moves after a bomb pot and moves counter clockwise. When the bomb pot button and the dealer button line up, a bomb pot is dealt. In our 0.25/0.50 game the bomb pot is $2 per person.
This is virtually identical to the evolution of our game. Give them a taste to get them hooked. :wtf: Then, add in the pineapple and PLO.

I learned a lot about mixed games basics using @abby99 mixed game references. If you only want a handful of these games, print the specific pages to a PDF and then use thicker quality paper to print out the games. If you print two cards to a page you can cut them in half and make them useful during the game without being ovesized. There's also some mixed game plastic plaques/game cards you can buy when they are available.

The games are split out into various sections and some games may duplicate as limit and big bet variations with slightly different rules/graphics.

https://www.pokerchipforum.com/resources/abby99s-mixed-game-cards.45/

After learning the game, it's all about getting game time experience with them and learning which are good vs bad draws and starting hands. It's a lot to learn but mixed games drive a lot more action and interaction it seems. My group was slow to adopt them, but once they did they called regular NLHE the slow and thinking game. It's a lot more fun to just say pot when it's your action lol

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom