Bomb pot timing structure (1 Viewer)

Pilot38

High Hand
Reaction score
We typically play with a bomb pot each hour. Thinking of adding a variation to the game where winner of the first bomb pot also takes the “bomb pot button”. They then can use that any time either as dealer or BB to call the next bomb pot. The next winner of the pot would take the bomb pot button and decide when to next play again.

Normal blinds rotation shouldn’t change to keep order on next hand.

Thoughts on this variation?

Feasibly every hand could be a bomb pot?

Before I moved to dealers choice. I would give everyone a "Treat Yo Self" chip (or two) with your buy in. You could use this chip anytime that you wanted to call a double board PLO hand or a bomb pot hand. If you rebought, then you got another TYS chip.

Everyone at my game gets one bomb pot a night, menacing we have about seven to eight in total. You have to have the dealer button to be able to use yours, however. Works well for us.

it would be rare for every hand.

It would be similar to the TYS chip except only played when players are BB or dealer (thinking to pick 1).

So 2 things would have to happen- 1) win prior bomb pot and 2) be either dealer or BB position and decide to call a bomb pot.

Trying to get a little more unpredictable and more likely more trash talking going as players get some optionality. Everyone in game plays bomb pits so generally don’t have anyone sit out.

We have a fair number each session and there are no rules as to when it can occur. However we only play it with one particular game, which we call 3D. (Don't know if it's popularly known by a different name).

3D: 4 hole cards and 3 boards/streets of 3. You have to play 2 from your hand and 1 from each board/street. Prior to making it a bomb-pot there was very little betting pre-flop, or on the flop for that matter, so making it a bomb-pot made sense. We also have variations 2D, 2.5D & 3.5D where the boards/streets go 2-2-2, 2-3-2 & 3-4-3 respectively but always 2 from your hand and 1 from each.

Bomb pot timing. Yes, I occasionally play with a group of maniacs and the bomb pot timing is that every time the flop contains a pair, the next hand is a bomb pot (double board). Participation in bomb pot is optional and I pass on most of them.

Put up a thread regarding bomb pots a few months ago. Used the suggestion of every time the flop comes out monotone (all clubs, diamonds etc.) the next hand is a bomb pot. Everyone liked this, was random, and added some extra degen to the game.

Saw this idea and like it. Will give it a go although suited flops don’t seem to happen often enough!

I liked the player option as the group dynamic can always push for a bomb pot on the player holding the button.

Saw this idea and like it. Will give it a go although suited flops don’t seem to happen often enough!

I liked the player option as the group dynamic can always push for a bomb pot on the player holding the button.
That’s true, however when you hit a monotone flop back to back the table atmosphere goes wild lol

Put up a thread regarding bomb pots a few months ago. Used the suggestion of every time the flop comes out monotone (all clubs, diamonds etc.) the next hand is a bomb pot. Everyone liked this, was random, and added some extra degen to the game.
Do you recall how many bomb pots you had that evening?

Do you recall how many bomb pots you had that evening?
I believe we played 4 bomb pots over the course of about 3-4 hours of play. Results could vary, but that’s what I liked about it, some nights you get a lot some nights not so much. Everyone played the bomb pots, but if someone didn’t want to ante up for one, I would not have had a problem with them sitting out for the hand.

It was maybe my suggestion, as that is what we do in my cash game.

Here is the math on it:

1696053283494.png

So should happen about 1/20 hands. Goes up if you play a lot of double board games.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom