Looking for fun poker minigames (1 Viewer)

BillyNasty

Sitting Out
Reaction score
Hosting my first game 03/28, doing a small stakes $25 buy in with 8 people. I was thinking of poker mini games to do while we play. The ones I was thinking about doing is a bomb pot with $2 scratch offs for the first pot, maybe playing a stand up game. Just want to make it fun. Does anyone have any fun suggestions as to twists we can add to our game?

Mystery Bounty.

Everytime you knock someone out you get a bounty ticket.

When you are eliminated you take your bounties and get “pulls” from a hat or some raffle. The raffle can be 1 winner for $25. Etc.

Do what you want with it. But “mystery bounties” are a nice way of spreading the prize pool out a bit to make it more fun.

Mystery Bounty.

Everytime you knock someone out you get a bounty ticket.

When you are eliminated you take your bounties and get “pulls” from a hat or some raffle. The raffle can be 1 winner for $25. Etc.

Do what you want with it. But “mystery bounties” are a nice way of spreading the prize pool out a bit to make it more fun.
Thats a pretty cool idea. Im running a cash game, would this still work the same way?

• Bomb Pots
  • 7/2 game
  • High Hand promotion (everyone puts in $5 when they are seated)
  • Nit Game (so you don't have to actually stand :) )
  • Progressive Bad Beat (we round everyone down to the nearest $5 at cash out to fund it)

SB bounty is another one. Small blind puts an extra BB in to a bounty, and the SB can win it if they win and show the hand. If they don't win, next SB adds another BB and so on. It builds up until SB wins a pot.

If you use a sb button it can sit on there, otherwise set it aside to let it build or on the dealer button or whatever. It can really balloon at times.

Try the Pawnee hand game. One player takes a chip in hand. While dancing player moves chip between hands. Player sits down and another player places a wager and guesses which hand the chip is in. Other players wager on if the player will guess correctly or not.

If player guesses wrong 2 times he is then clubbed to death and thrown into a well.

Seat open!!

Thats a pretty cool idea. Im running a cash game, would this still work the same way?
No more for tourneys. For cash games, as mentioned above, 2-7 game and stand up game, and bomb pots of course. Those 3 should be enough. High hand and bad beat jackpot sure why not.

No more for tourneys. For cash games, as mentioned above, 2-7 game and stand up game, and bomb pots of course. Those 3 should be enough. High hand and bad beat jackpot sure why not.
I think you are spot on here. I think im just going to stick with the 2-7, stand up and bomb pots. We are only playing a $25 buy in with 8 people (College Money haha) so I think that high hand and bad beat jackpot might be for future games when we have actual jobs.

I think you are spot on here. I think im just going to stick with the 2-7, stand up and bomb pots. We are only playing a $25 buy in with 8 people (College Money haha) so I think that high hand and bad beat jackpot might be for future games when we have actual jobs.

Could just do $1 each for high-hand. ;)

My cash game has a "seat fee" of one $5 lotto scratch off. The lotto tickets are the nightly bad beat jackpot. We track it on the chalk board. Biggest hand to lose gets the tickets.
This is definitely one of the better ideas I've seen and will be using it. Thanks for the idea!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom