Video Games? (2 Viewers)

v1pe

Full House
Reaction score
I know we have some board gamers here. Any PC/console gamers? Online multiplayer?

I used to play a lot pre-kids. These days I sometimes get a couple of games in after the kids go to bed or on the weekends now that my eldest is 8 we've been playing some games together.

Recent rotation has been a lot of Overwatch and Heroes of the Storm. In the past I played a lot of PUBG and its predecessors (ARMA, DayZ, etc.), Diablo 3, Starcraft 2, Dota2, WoW, and lots of various single player games.

Post here if you play vidya games and perhaps we can get some games going! I'm pretty much exclusively a PC gamer, but console folks are welcome to use this thread to congregate as well.

Went through a phase a few years ago where I started PC gaming again. I’m mostly into FPS and open world RPG/FPS games. Haven’t played for a while but am thinking of getting back into the old style top down ISO games such as Fallout, Fallout 2, Baldur’s Gate, Wasteland 2, etc. Learning new menus for a new job and working extra hours is keeping me from it for now. Oh, and an obsession with poker chips keeps me busy too ;)

I get super focused on usually 1 game. I have been exclusively playing Overwatch on Xbox since it came out.

I feel old and dont have the desire to learn lots of games and how they work etc.

Currently playing ARMA 3 DayZ Exile with some other addons

I recently tried to get back into ARMA 3 and play either Exile or Epoch...can't remember which one. Just couldn't get back into the mega-janky ARMA control scheme after being away for so long :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:. PUBG gives me almost the same satisfaction as DayZ used to (the original DayZ was some of my all time favorite gaming and isn't likely to be beat by any of the "imposters"), but in an easier to load up and play, quicker format.

League of Legends, Overwatch, Hearthstone, Heroes of the Storm. But not gaming much these days.

Console gamer all my life. Currently spend too much time playing Madden. Spend a little time here and there playing tons of things like Rock Band with my kids, God of War, Cuphead, Spider-Man, Metal Gear, Mario anything. Loved Civ and Sim games some years back.

I just got back into console gaming by getting the switch for my kids. Beating Zelda: Breath of the Wild is my most recent achievement. Gotta convince the wife to not freak out if I bring home a PS4 Pro. The original God of War was probably my favorite game of all time.

Used to play at lot of Counterstrike, DoD, and LOL prekid. Now I haven't played a PC game in 4 years. Recently my son is digging the Wii so every night we spend about 20-30 minutes playing. Right now it's a mix 80% Mario Kart (he got 3rd place in 150cc, hard computers, over 16 random races the other day:eek:) and 20% Super Smash Brothers.

Used to play at lot of Counterstrike, DoD, and LOL prekid. Now I haven't played a PC game in 4 years. Recently my son is digging the Wii so every night we spend about 20-30 minutes playing. Right now it's a mix 80% Mario Kart (he got 3rd place in 150cc, hard computers, over 16 random races the other day:eek:) and 20% Super Smash Brothers.
I had to sell my pc because I was playing too much counterstrike. The wife was getting annoyed at me and I was annoying myself.

I had to sell my pc because I was playing too much counterstrike. The wife was getting annoyed at me and I was annoying myself.

Yep been there. I logged too many hours. Currently dont have a PC so thats good.

CS Source and 1.6...such pure games.

PC gaming is too good. Better to just avoid it for my personality....

I also just moved house and happened to come across my old Nintendo GameCube. I think I see some Mario kart double dash in my future lol.

I also just moved house and happened to come across my old Nintendo GameCube. I think I see some Mario kart double dash in my future lol.

I had a 3 months period that I crushed that game. Some courses that were within tenths of the world records. I realized at that time I had to stop and haven't played it since.

I had a 3 months period that I crushed that game. Some courses that were within tenths of the world records. I realized at that time I had to stop and haven't played it since.
Haha I used to check my times against the records. I didn’t quite get that close but a lot of mine were very high up the lists.

I actually used to race karts, so had a combined love for karting and Mario. After counter strike, that’s the game I probably played the most.

I have a Switch and Xbox One.

Zelda BOTW is my all time favorite game. So epic, never been that immersed. I plan on getting the new Mario Party and still need to pick up Kart.

I play Rocket League and Fortnite on the Box, though I am in the tail end of a month long gaming detox, and replaced that time with exercise. I’m down 18 pounds in 25 days. :rolleyes: I miss the games.

Haven't played seriously in years (over a decade) until we got my son a Nintendo Switch and Zelda, Breath of the Wild. Absolutely stunning game. I'd come home from work and play once the kids had gone to bed until I fell asleep on the sofa. I didn't get back to normal sleep patterns until I finished the game. I'm not picking up another again... just in case...

Long time console gamer, now I have a PC. I can’t stop playing Rocket League...I’m not sure what it is about the game? But sadly, I’m addicted!

Used to play both console and PC a lot in high school & college, just haven't had the time since. Lone recent exception was Zelda BOTW, got pretty immersed in that for about 3 months, great game, there's a thread on it here somewhere. Lately my younger son has been asking for a gaming computer, once the basement is done it might be time to jump back in :)

Long time PC gamer, going back to the TSR-80 from Radio Shack, the Commodore 64/128 and Amiga.

Played a LOT of the Battlefield series up through Battlefield 4. I'm not the best shot and I can't stand all the bunny hopping, but I was consistently in the top 1% of the world for win/loss ratio (primarily played 64-player conquest maps as an Engineer) because I know the ebb and flow of each map, where the enemy will be concentrated, what locations are most important to hold, etc. But one day Punkbuster just up and global banned me. When I appealed it (never used a cheat in my life) they said they didn't know what cheat I was accused of using, just that my account was flagged and I was basically SOL. So I no longer support any games that use Punkbuster.

Played a ton of Left 4 Dead (1 and 2) back in the day. And the Total War series of games.

Still play Rome Total War II with mods. Not a fan of the weakness of the AI in the series though, it's been an issue for a long time.

Played the remake of X:com but haven't gotten the sequel yet.

Was a fan of Sid Meiers Gettysburg back in the day and there's a spiritual successor in Ultimate General: Gettysburg and Ultimate General: Civil War. It doesn't exactly capture the magic of the original, but it's enjoyable nonetheless.

Same with the new version of Dungeon Keeper (called War for the Overworld). Didn't exactly capture the magic of the original but was a fun jaunt. And same with Carmageddon, played a ton of the first but the most recent "Max Damage" game hasn't grabbed me as much.

Galactic Civilizations II: Twilight of the Arnor was the bees knees, GalCiv III less so. Endless Legends and Endless Space, Crusader Kings II, Europa Universalis, etc.

Presently mucking around with Civ V: Gods & Kings a bit, trying to play harder difficulties on huge maps and see how well I can hold up. Giving Emperor difficulty a stab at the moment and keeping up (play on Marathon setting so it's a long game)

Also picked up The Sexy Brutale which is a point n' click adventure/puzzle/story game that has a lot of character and is something my wife enjoys watching me play.

Tried getting into Cities: Skylines but didn't grab me. Elite Dangerous found the controls too wonky. The only Fallout I've finished was New Vegas. Bethesda just fails to make me care about the storyline or characters. So while I at first get invested in the exploration aspect of Fallout 3 or 4, eventually it wanes thin and I get bored (same with Skyrim)

Witcher 3 was fantastic. Game Dev Tycoon was a fun game as well. Guild of Dungeoneering lost my interest fairly quickly. Pillars of Eternity didn't keep me invested either. Dragon Age: Origins was fantastic but I haven't really enjoyed the sequels. Stellaris was fun at first but loses luster in the midgame. Tried getting into Prison Architect but it failed to keep me interested. Darkest Dungeon was fun, challenging and atmospheric, but the end game becomes a depressing grind.

Enjoyed some Indie games in The Age of Decadence and Dead Age. Completed This War of Mine and The Banner Saga, but found both to be utterly depressing (Banner Saga being the worst)

Telltale Games The Walking Dead series has kept me invested in the story and characters (unlike the tv show) although you're only given an illusion of choice and most every outcome is pre-determined, you just get some different dialogue for the most part based on your choices.

And I have a slew of games I haven't even gotten to because Steam Sales are more frequent than my free time lol.

Lately my younger son has been asking for a gaming computer, once the basement is done it might be time to jump back in :)

I usually build my own gaming PCs for much less but I have gotten lazy and ended up getting a Corsair One. I wanted something that ran cool, had a small form factor, and was quiet. This thing fits the bill perfectly. The video card and cpu are liquid cooled and the design is not over the top. Spec wise it has a 1080 Ti video card, 6 core i7, 16GB ram, and a 480gb m.2 NVME SSD. It has 2 open slots for 2 x 2.5" SSDS but that's about it.

IMG_20180705_120735.jpg
536421-corsair-one-pro.png

I'm on an i5-7600K with 16GB RAM, two Western Digital Black M.2 512GB SSD, an NZXT AIO Water Cooler for the cpu, an EVGA GTX 1080 8GB graphics card. Was an upgrade from an aging system that sported the Radeon 7870 2GB graphics card and should meet my gaming needs for quite some time.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom