Basement Poker Room & Home Theater

Irish

Flush
Supporting Member
Reaction score
By any chance are those decorative swords "Narsil" and "Anduril" from WETA?
Yep. the swords are replicas from the Lord of the Rings movies, I have 5 altogether and 3 currently on display. The sword of the Witch-King and Anduril (Narsil re-forged):
20190423_045336.jpg

And Glamdring (the sword Gandalf finds in the Troll cave in the Hobbit):

20190423_045314.jpg

I have two smaller swords - Sting (Bilbo & Frodo's sword) and the Witch King's Morgul blade, still debating whether or not to mount those with the others. I also have a parchment map of Middle Earth that I ordered from a shop in New Zealand, I'm in the process of making a frame for that, then it'll go on display between the two larger swords on the wall behind the poker table.

I'm a huge LOTR fan, have read the books several times and we have all the extended editions of the movies. I have a custom hot stamped t-mold set with LOTR inspired stamps (some close-up of Glamdring here as well): https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/tolkien-lotr-inspired-t-mold-hot-stamps.17993/

Last edited:

CraigT78

4 of a Kind
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well done sir! :tup: fantastic work all around. As I read that last of your posting, I said out loud "Of course he made his own cabinet doors" :D

Details on the humidor? Did you seal it up at all, line with Spanish Cedar? Or is it just a cabinet that you'll humidify?

Irish

Flush
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well done sir! :tup: fantastic work all around. As I read that last of your posting, I said out loud "Of course he made his own cabinet doors" :D

Details on the humidor? Did you seal it up at all, line with Spanish Cedar? Or is it just a cabinet that you'll humidify?
lol, had to make the doors, the cabinets were all custom sizes, so I needed custom sized doors to match..... ;)

The humidor is basically just a suedo-sealed base cabinet. I use good hardwood plywood for the cabinet framing, sealed all the inside joints with caulk, then lined the interior with spanish cedar veneer. The door is just a regular oak framed cabinet door with an acrylic panel (caulked to seal), and I'm going to install foam weatherstrip around the perimeter of the face frame to help seal the door when closed (I also put a lock on the door to help keep it closed nice and tight). Humidification will be an Avallo Accumonitor system, and I'm planning on building a couple of shelves for box storage and a singles tray, all on drawer slides. I'll make sure to post pics when I get there, but that probably won't happen until over the summer, I need a break :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

20190201_225751.jpg

Top Bottom