Upcoming molds.........

TomC727

3 of a Kind
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My wager is that large crowns aren't in yet.

I got a shipment with 11 chip boxes from CPC a few months ago in a large flat rate box from USPS, and they were packed snug and I don't believe another chip box would have fit. I wager that @TomC727 is getting two MFRB's of B molds if his order was about 1000 chips. He's probably getting two boxes worth of extras.
According to the tracking, yes, it is 2 medium flat rate boxes.

Damn. I got my hopes up it was both molds.

TomC727

3 of a Kind
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They are here. My B-Diamond set.

Just unpacked them. This weekend I want to try to clean the clay dust off and oil them up. They turned out perfect.

Thank you CPC and @timinater

090C4308-4021-4ED0-9B69-308296EB772D.jpeg
AB67C350-53F7-4092-ADF9-79E8DAB9C91B.jpeg

JMC9389

4 of a Kind
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They are here. My B-Diamond set.

Just unpacked them. This weekend I want to try to clean the clay dust off and oil them up. They turned out perfect.

Thank you CPC and @timinater

View attachment 740884View attachment 740885
Knowing the background story on these and the thought that went into designing them, these are my personal early contender for custom set of the year. The color matched inlays bring these to another level.

Are the inlays on these textured? Just curious.

TomC727

3 of a Kind
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Knowing the background story on these and the thought that went into designing them, these are my personal early contender for custom set of the year. The color matched inlays bring these to another level.

Are the inlays on these textured? Just curious.
Wow. That really means a lot.

The inlays have a light texture to them.

Since you the know the background, these have even more of a meaning behind them now.

My dad passed away about 2 months ago and because of COVID, was never able to see my finished basement. He would be very proud of all of this, including the poker chips. He was never a baseball fan, but long story short, his profession (a family business passed down generations) invented that very exploding scoreboard depicted in the green chip for the Chicago White Sox.

For any baseball historians in this group, if you read the book Veeck, As In Wreck, written by Bill Veeck (former owner of the Chicago White Sox), there is a chapter that outlines the story of the Exploding Scoreboard.

JMC9389

4 of a Kind
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow. That really means a lot.

The inlays have a light texture to them.

Since you the know the background, these have even more of a meaning behind them now.

My dad passed away about 2 months ago and because of COVID, was never able to see my finished basement. He would be very proud of all of this, including the poker chips. He was never a baseball fan, but long story short, his profession (a family business passed down generations) invented that very exploding scoreboard depicted in the green chip for the Chicago White Sox.

For any baseball historians in this group, if you read the book Veeck, As In Wreck, written by Bill Veeck (former owner of the Chicago White Sox), there is a chapter that outlines the story of the Exploding Scoreboard.
My condolences on the loss of your father :(

What a wonderful tribute to him and your family and your favorite team. The chips and designs are only part of the story for a chip set to me. You took an ambitious project on and knocked it out of the park in all facets. Well done to all involved!

TheDuke

Flush
Reaction score

TX_Golf_N_Poker

Full House
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I went with a blue $1 chip and a few players have said they feel like they have a hard time differentiating between the $1 and $25 green chip. Outside of that I regret going with the tri moon edge spot on this chip as well. Just didn’t turn out the way I wanted it too. The $5, $25, and $100 turned out flawless though.
Just coming here from your post in the mail pr0n thread. I know everyone has different tastes, but in my opinion the blue $1 is the star of your set. If I were starting an FDL set, I'd be happy to take those off your hands. In my opinion, the blue chip / green chip problem is the $25. I'm sorry, but that particular CPC green is just bland and boring. Plus I assume you have a lot less $25s than $1s. I'd be more inclined to change that chip instead and give it a different color with more pop.

Top Bottom