Upcoming molds......... (15 Viewers)

David had made a comment that after the Adam Savage YouTube video came out they had sold 40,000 Rounders and Chesterfield MORE THAN EXPECTED. That was just the excess Rounders and Chesterfield orders not including anything else. Yeah they make more than 250 chips per day.

B5FB84F8-38F0-4EE0-9B15-77F338123048.jpeg

Wow that’s gonna take 3 weeks just for your set if 250/day is real

250 chips a day? Have a hard time buying that. Gross sales at that volume can’t support a business can it?

I'm also pretty sure David has mentioned elsewhere here that production volumes are down simply because of COVID restrictions at the factory. I doubt somehow that those are the typical numbers.

Either way, don’t look at his earlier posts in this thread. :) Runs have really extended- COVID slow-downs and likely increased volume recently as well.

David said that the scrown mold only presses 250 chips per day. Note that's not the same as saying CPC is only capable of producing 250 chips total per day.
Exactly. Big difference between mold output, hence the price differences. Plus, Amold plus two others are in use at any time, and there are 2-3 press operators at any time. Also, the press cycle is slower in summer months. I was purely demonstrating the yield on scrown itself is low. At the opposite end of the scale, Amold yield can be up to 1,000.

My scrown order was only around 500 chips. I would really like to get them in hand before making a second larger order - and then the long wait for the next run!

Putting in my FDL add on order next week after I sit on my final color ways for a couple more days. Anyone else have an FDL order in queue? Figure it will need a dozen orders before it even is on David's radar for a potential run date.

Reading this thread makes me excited to get my order in one day but also helps me prepare for the wait I'll have to endure. I enjoy seeing all the creative chips you guys have created as well. Really wanting the diamond square mold but sometime I still think scrown is also a possibility.

Do they take the payment up front? Or do they take a deposit and charge the rest when production starts?

Just received my scrown shipping notice, I was the last or close to last order I believe.
I think I'm actually the last person. David said I was definitely toward the back. But he also said that because how they pressed them, they do multiple orders at once and don't know when any particular order would end.

I think I'm actually the last person. David said I was definitely toward the back. But he also said that because how they pressed them, they do multiple orders at once and don't know when any particular order would end.
Yes, you were last. But Pat's were just a few solids with no inlay in 2 colors so they were done as there was spare clay there in those colors.
There are still 8 orders to press, 5 of which are part pressed.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom