Thoughts on Mocks for Ceramic Set - *Now with Ray-Col Renders! (1 Viewer)

Final lineup.

Now I can focus on cleaning up the label portion and finish the edge strips.

CERA $25 WIP.jpg
CERA $100 WIP.jpg
CERA $500 WIP.jpg
CERA $1000 B WIP.jpg
CERA $5000 WIP.jpg

Thought I'd post examples of the edge differences. Using the four files in mixed and matched pairs I will get several very different looking chips. I have studied actual examples of each edge spot type for the differences and variations that are unique to each. They may all look very similar but like the real chips have tiny differences.

Hybrid 100  B WIP.jpg
Hybrid 100 A WIP.jpg
Hybrid 100 C WIP.jpg
Hybrid 100 D WIP.jpg

Hybrid 25 A WIP.jpg

CERA 25 EDGE 2.jpg

Last edited:
Damn...yours are really rounded..all of mine are fairly pointy. Well, pointier than yours..:eek:
I think I know where they got the inspiration for the semi circle spots of 2016

Can't thank @Ray-Col enough for the time it must have taken. I'm indebted...
Steve, you provided top notch graphics that were a joy to work with and saved me a bunch of time in the whole process. I had most of the 3d-objects in place already (yeah, I did this before) and your chips were ready to render in no time. Your delight is my reward - what more can I ask for? (y) :thumbsup:

Ha! Check out my new desktop!

245315-univac-1.jpg

Isn't 16 core overkill for Lightwave? Please say yes. My son is heading down the dark path of graphics tech. Following my lead I guess --- I wish I had been an Amish farmer! lol

Sorry for the derail folks!

Isn't 16 core overkill for Lightwave? Please say yes.
denali_derail() {
Sorry, can't do it - I wish I had 64 cores :coffee: (I have 44 actually, but they're not in the same place)
64 cores is the current maximum due to the behavior of current OS. Anything more will be converted into 'processor groups' which Lightwave does not yet support. By no means Lightwave is considered as a state of the art 3D-package but at the same time I doubt that without mastering the basics someone would truly benefit from highly advanced techniques. I'd consider LW good enough for most purposes.
}

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom