Thoughts on Mocks for Ceramic Set - *Now with Ray-Col Renders! (2 Viewers)

Wow Steve, awesome work mate. This opens up so many possibilities :)

Who are you ordering these from? And where is the tool to mock them up? You did an awesome job, I'd like a whole set of these lol

Who are you ordering these from? And where is the tool to mock them up? You did an awesome job, I'd like a whole set of these lol

The mocks were graciously done by the "Render Guru" @Ray-Col
His work is just frigging awesome and really helps visualize the end result. Thanks so much again, Rainer!

These are being ordered from Sun-Fly on their hybrid ceramic line. The T25-T500 are on 39mm chips with a 25.4mm label. The T1000-T25000 are on a 43mm chip with a 31.7mm label. All have aligned edgespots. Each denomination has two versions with two differing surfaces to give each chip a "one-off" look and essentially seem like there are many different chips rather than one static design.
The company has been great to work with and well organized. I was worried that there may be language barriers but that has proven not to be a problem at all. After the initial prototypes were done they allowed me to make some sweeping changes to many facets of the original design. All the faux elements were removed from the chip surfaces and against their wishes, revised label artwork and one color change.
All in all they have been very accommodating to my wishes. Production is due to wrap up today and shipment is slated for Monday Nov. 6.

@GIANTDustySquid if you are serious about getting a set let me know ASAP. I have another order going out to them in the near future for an add-on. The shipping cost is what makes buying direct from them costly as they only ship UPS. So it just makes more sense monetarily to combine and save.

Last edited:
h
New feature - 3D-Preview!

It requires no 3D glasses or gear, only the desire to learn.
  1. Eat the mushroom, open your mind.
  2. Look at what looks like two identical images.
  3. Cross your eyes. A third image should appear in the middle. If you see 4 images, you'll have to relax your eyes and cross them less.
  4. Focus on that middle image until it pops out in 3D.
Welcome to the world of 3D!

100k-cross-eye.jpg
HOLY SH*#!!!
I looked earlier like I was staring at one of those pixel images from the '90's. I didn't realize you actually have to cross your eyes...thats really frigging cool!

I'm thinking about doing similar designs for ceramic chips. In making the edge spots line up - is there a specific measurement to use to align the edge template with the faces? I'm struggling in how to make those line up right in my Illustrator mocks.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom