"Paulson Grand Cardroom (Gold Foil)" OR "How do people get their stacks so perfect?!" (1 Viewer)

catalyzeme

3 of a Kind
Reaction score
I can never get the stacks perfectly lined up for photos.

Here is my newest addition! No camera so these are from a phone, but I promised some poor quality pictures when I made my Intro thread so here they are :) If I can track down another Terrible's St. Joseph $100 chip, I'll post that set as well.

Thanks for looking!

2015-01-31_171937.jpg2015-01-31_172658.jpg2015-01-31_172725.jpg2015-01-31_172743.jpg

I don't have the patience or dexterity to make perfectly straight stacks either. Someone should invent a stack alignment tool for chip pr0n.

I don't have the patience or dexterity to make perfectly straight stacks either. Someone should invent a stack alignment tool for chip pr0n.

It's called a chip rack/tray. Lift out a barrel and set flat on felt. Do not try this with dice chips or some ceramics.

I must have the hands of an 88 year old man with DTs and the after effects of a stroke because the stacks still wind up slanted. And then pushing the one that's misaligned back into place causes 2 more to be just off.

It's called a chip rack/tray. Lift out a barrel and set flat on felt. Do not try this with dice chips or some ceramics.

And if you bump a row or stack while setting them in place, I use an empty chip rack (flat and on edge) to re-align stacks and rows. :)

Those chips are slippery and hard to stack perfectly. Set looks good

Are they really?? I'm curious as to why. I have a few hundred suits mold chips and I wouldn't consider them slippery so just curious here...especially because I really want a set of these too.

Are they really?? I'm curious as to why. I have a few hundred suits mold chips and I wouldn't consider them slippery so just curious here...especially because I really want a set of these too.

I don't recall mine being slippery either. I also had hotstamped PCA quarters on this mold too and had no issues with them being "slipper" either. *shrug*

I think they are a bit slippery but I am used to playing with ceramics right now. They are definitely less slippery than the BCC giant inlay Garden City chips I have, but I haven't compared to other close-to-mint Paulsons. I have some Terrible's $500s and $0.50s I can compare to. And some brown horseshoe hotstamps, although some of those are a bit warped. I'll compare tonight.

I don't recall mine being slippery either. I also had hotstamped PCA quarters on this mold too and had no issues with them being "slipper" either. *shrug*

Pretty sure ovo was kidding, and just referencing the 'hard to stack perfectly' comments in the OP (sans smiley). Or maybe trolling, but that's not his style. :p

Great set Catalyzeme!!! And pretty fair price... I saw the ad literally seconds after it went up and was an inch from pulling the trigger on those... I'm sure those chips are a lot happier in warm TX than in frigid MI :) Really nice grab man, I absolutely love those!

Agreed with Chaos; everything seemed to come out so well with these chips. That mold really was made for solids. Congratulations on an excellent pick up.

They really are great chips; perhaps one of my favorite hotstamps.
GCR.JPG

I am serious. This was discussed in-depth when they came out on Chiptalk. Maybe I got the slippery batch. I certainly have enough chips to give a knowledgeable opinion.

I certainly didn't mean for it to sound like I was questioning you personally. Are they slightly warped? I guess I need to venture back over to CT to dig up the discussion. Thanks

I am serious. This was discussed in-depth when they came out on Chiptalk. Maybe I got the slippery batch. I certainly have enough chips to give a knowledgeable opinion.

Not much got by me on CT, and I don't recall any in-depth discussions regarding the GCR chips being slippery. Warped, sure -- I brought up that concern before they were even ordered. I'd like to see links to any slippery conversations regarding these or any other card pip mold chips, if anybody can find them. I searched and came up empty.

I took a quick look, didn't find the thread. I have no interest in proving myself. Certainly warping would make the chips slippery. Maybe mine have a slight warp. I'll never sell them, still love them, but they do not handle well. But I'll be happy to exchange a stack with someone to prove my point.

I have 1000 of the Suits Pharaohs from back in the day, and there were definitely concerns about them being warped on CT around the time I bought them, but also don't recall the slippery concerns. I remember a lot of people baking theirs to get them just right. I ended up buying them anyway because I liked the mold better than the "Paulson" mold, and aside from a bit of wobble if I stack them too high I've never noticed anything else about them I didn't like. Never really thought of them as Slippery at all, especially no where near a ceramic.

Last edited:
I took a quick look, didn't find the thread. I have no interest in proving myself. Certainly warping would make the chips slippery. Maybe mine have a slight warp. I'll never sell them, still love them, but they do not handle well. But I'll be happy to exchange a stack with someone to prove my point.

I think slippery is an accurate description until they have been used a bit. When I first got mine I was surprised that they didn't feel like my other Paulsons. I have actually twisted them against each other with pressure and then they feel right. Like they need to be scuffed up a bit.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom