The Racker Stacker: a 3D3P exclusive!

One Eyed Dollar

Flush
Site Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This was one of my first ideas for a poker-related item that I wanted to try to model and print back when I bought my first printer. I went through a number of iterations and improvements on this one before I reached the final design, which I think is really cool. The purpose of the product is to be able to quickly take chips out of racks and stack them up evenly, whether you're taking photos for chip pr0n, making starting stacks for a tournament, working on a classifieds listing, or whatever. I have dubbed it: the Racker Stacker!

How does it work, you ask? Check out this youtube video!

Available in the 3D3P store now!

sheikh617

Full House
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hoping I was order #1. Good luck, I'm hoping to see some cool new items on there soon. This is great and the 43mm version will be awesome.

One Eyed Dollar

Flush
Site Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hoping I was order #1. Good luck, I'm hoping to see some cool new items on there soon. This is great and the 43mm version will be awesome.
Thanks! You were order #2 but the good news is I've already printed some backstock of black Racker Stackers. I should be able to get yours in the mail tomorrow! :tup:

Nex

Flush
Reaction score
I've done something like this but in smaller scale for myself a few months ago, before I did my second Paradise LA photo shoot.
A very thin piece of curved plastic with a thin handle, good for straightening and positioning a single barrel only. Being able to align a whole rack with this thing here does have advantages. The broad base also ensures a near perfect 90° angle.

pltrgyst

Straight Flush
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A very thin piece of curved plastic with a thin handle, good for straightening and positioning a single barrel only. Being able to align a whole rack with this thing here does have advantages. The broad base also ensures a near perfect 90° angle.

Yes. I've been using open-ended discard racks for this, one barrel at a time.

This product will save a bunch of time and aggravation!

One Eyed Dollar

Flush
Site Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Now that the Racker Stackers are making their way out into the wild, I thought I'd add a few tips on ways to get nice even stacks:

1. Hold the stackers towards the bottom and squeeze the bottom chips together first. Then kind of roll your hands up and squeeze them from the bottom to the top of the stack. This seems to produce the best results.

2. The second tip is something I call the Offset Squish. If the stacks still aren't quite even, move one of the stackers over and put the ribs against the middle of the chips and press them into the other stacker. This concentrated force from the point of the ribs seems to tighten them up just a bit more.

DSC07833.JPG

3. This photo is in the store too, but in case you haven't seen it, here it is again. The notches for the 5-chip stack heights are a bit hard to see, but a little paint makes them pop. I thought about running the grooves all the way across the face of the stackers, but I didn't want the indentations to affect the evenness of the stacks, so I just limited it to the edges. If you like using the notches to check the height of your stacks, a little paint is handy.

DSC07810sm.jpg

Hope that helps!

Denali

Flush
Reaction score
Would be interesting to see this adapted to use as "chip shoves" in roulette for buy-in and payout stacks. Would need some sort of handle for more control. Probably would need to be two part snap together to save print passes.

allforcharity

Royal Flush
Site Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Would be interesting to see this adapted to use as "chip shoves" in roulette for buy-in and payout stacks. Would need some sort of handle for more control. Probably would need to be two part snap together to save print passes.

If this were to work well, I think the chip shover should be limited to two barrels wide, and if possible it should be a single unit connected by a flexible loop or strip like a pair of tongs. Grab and close, drag, release.

One Eyed Dollar

Flush
Site Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If this were to work well, I think the chip shover should be limited to two barrels wide, and if possible it should be a single unit connected by a flexible loop or strip like a pair of tongs. Grab and close, drag, release.
Hmm, I'm trying to visualize this. Something like one of these?

26c77ee3b0d62896c76b35724db2d71d.jpg
334844.jpg

:LOL: :laugh: OK, seriously a sketch might help me understand what you both have in mind. This would be for pushing starting stacks or rebuys out across the table?

allforcharity

Royal Flush
Site Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No, literally like a pair of tongs. No moving parts. Just two 2-barrel rackers connected by a U- or V- shaped connecting strip. Default resting position is open. Just needs enough strength/flexibility in the connecting strip/hinge to handle repeating opening/closing.

But to be honest, better to just deal roulette by hand. Won't really have time to manipulate a racker.

Goldfish

3 of a Kind
Reaction score
Just saw this product. This is awesome. I am ordering a set of 39mm and 43mm. Do u have all colors in stock? If not, let Me know which colors u have plenty of. Thanks!

Top Bottom