Official Worldwide Football (Soccer) Discussion Thread (5 Viewers)

Man City also keeping an eye on him in case Pep leaves at end of season.
Is Pep rumored to leave after the season? Are they keeping an eye on Rodgers or Zidane?

Would either Manchester City or Manchester United take a chance on an up-and-coming coach, like the one at Ajax?

Is Pep rumored to leave after the season? Are they keeping an eye on Rodgers or Zidane?

Would either Manchester City or Manchester United take a chance on an up-and-coming coach, like the one at Ajax?
That’s the rumour. They’re looking at Rodgers. He’s done well with Swansea, Celtic and Leicester without a massive budget. His first season at Liverpool was good. He’s a mercenary with a huge ego so he’ll jump at the chance and not give a shit about Leicester.

Not really sure about Zidane as a coach. Think he’d need to prove himself by managing a team that isn’t ran by a cheque book. Rumoured to fall out with his players as well.

I don’t know much about Ajax or their manager. I’d imagine that both would want a manager with a proven track record in England or who have taken a team far in the champions league.

That’s the rumour. They’re looking at Rodgers. He’s done well with Swansea, Celtic and Leicester without a massive budget. His first season at Liverpool was good. He’s a mercenary with a huge ego so he’ll jump at the chance and not give a shit about Leicester.

Not really sure about Zidane as a coach. Think he’d need to prove himself by managing a team that isn’t ran by a cheque book. Rumoured to fall out with his players as well.

I don’t know much about Ajax or their manager. I’d imagine that both would want a manager with a proven track record in England or who have taken a team far in the champions league.
To echo what @BonScot has said @UnicornFlash, it's probably going to be Zidane. I think we will know over the next 72 hours or so if Man Utd take another beating in the Manchester derby.

In many ways, Zidane would be the perfect fit, as it would represent two steps backwards, one step forwards: United's philosophy since Ferguson left.

I don't think they realise that, in order to secure a top-four league spot, you need a top-four manager within that league. Not only does Rodgers fit that bill, but I think he's probably one of the only managers that reflects Ferguson's qualities — something United so desperately need once again.

Prediction for today? Man Utd 2 — Man City 3.

To echo what @BonScot has said @UnicornFlash, it's probably going to be Zidane. I think we will know over the next 72 hours or so if Man Utd take another beating in the Manchester derby.

In many ways, Zidane would be the perfect fit, as it would represent two steps backwards, one step forwards: United's philosophy since Ferguson left.

I don't think they realise that, in order to secure a top-four league spot, you need a top-four manager within that league. Not only does Rodgers fit that bill, but I think he's probably one of the only managers that reflects Ferguson's qualities — something United so desperately need once again.

Prediction for today? Man Utd 2 — Man City 3.
That's really interesting about Brendan Rodgers. I didn't realize he had such a good track record and high standing in England. I guess Zidane was the first name I thought of since he has won with a club as massive as Manchester United and he also won the Champions League 3 times in a row. I don't really know much about his coaching style or his pedigree, but, to me, I think part of being a manager at a club like Manchester United or Real Madrid is the ability to deal with star players. If Rodgers can do that and is the better tactician and fit, then I'd be curious to see how he does with Manchester United and also to see how much time they give him to institute his philosophy and style on the team and bring in his players.

How long do you think Manchester United wait until they move on from Ole and hire Rodgers or Zidane after today's 2-0 defeat to Manchester City? I didn't watch the game, but from the reports I have read it sounds like it was a pretty listless performance from Manchester United.

That's really interesting about Brendan Rodgers. I didn't realize he had such a good track record and high standing in England. I guess Zidane was the first name I thought of since he has won with a club as massive as Manchester United and he also won the Champions League 3 times in a row. I don't really know much about his coaching style or his pedigree, but, to me, I think part of being a manager at a club like Manchester United or Real Madrid is the ability to deal with star players. If Rodgers can do that and is the better tactician and fit, then I'd be curious to see how he does with Manchester United and also to see how much time they give him to institute his philosophy and style on the team and bring in his players.

How long do you think Manchester United wait until they move on from Ole and hire Rodgers or Zidane after today's 2-0 defeat to Manchester City? I didn't watch the game, but from the reports I have read it sounds like it was a pretty listless performance from Manchester United.
I would have sacked him two weeks ago after the Liverpool fixture. There was no going back after that game.

Zidane would be more of the same bullshit and a total puppet hire to appease Ronaldo. Not a good tactician and from what I can gather not a particularly good motivator. Those Madrid teams that he managed that won three CL titles in a row were the best teams of the decade. In my lifetime, only the mid 2000's teams with Neymar, Messi, Suarez, Xavi, Busquets, Iniesta, Alves, Pique, Alba, etc. looked more dominant. Madrid was ridiculous from like 2008 until 2018. I could have managed them to at least two of those three CL's.

Ole is getting a lot more time because of what he achieved there as a player. Also there’s no top pedigree manager out of work and looking for a job.
If they’re going to sack him they’ll need to do it soon so that the new guy can evaluate what he’s got in the squad before the January transfer window opens.
Really it all comes down to how ambitious the board is and how much money they’re willing to throw at it.

I would have sacked him two weeks ago after the Liverpool fixture. There was no going back after that game.

Zidane would be more of the same bullshit and a total puppet hire to appease Ronaldo. Not a good tactician and from what I can gather not a particularly good motivator. Those Madrid teams that he managed that won three CL titles in a row were the best teams of the decade. In my lifetime, only the mid 2000's teams with Neymar, Messi, Suarez, Xavi, Busquets, Iniesta, Alves, Pique, Alba, etc. looked more dominant. Madrid was ridiculous from like 2008 until 2018. I could have managed them to at least two of those three CL's.
Yep, he should have gone after the Liverpool game — end of story.

When you think about Ole's managerial experience, it's an absolute joke that he was even considered to manage one of the biggest clubs in the world. The guy has managed the Man Utd Academy, Molde and Cardiff City, FFS — and that's coming from somebody born and bred in Cardiff, no less!!!

Apart from his game-saving goals, I'm actually wondering whether Ronaldo being back has been a good influence on the team and wider club, overall?

What I do know, is that they need to get rid of Fred, Maguire and possibly Pogba asap.

Apart from his game-saving goals, I'm actually wondering whether Ronaldo being back has been a good influence on the team and wider club, overall?

What I do know, is that they need to get rid of Fred, Maguire and possibly Pogba asap.
Absolutely not.

I've said from the very beginning that bringing back Ronaldo was a huge mistake. Aging primadonna's, no matter how talented in any sport, hardly ever work out. Edi Cavani just worked with this team and now he's relegated to substitute duties. Going with Cavani for one more year with Martial backing him up and going full press for Haaland next summer is a move that makes too much sense, but no, the Glazers couldn't help themselves and saw dollar signs as soon as Ronaldo became available again. He was signed within 48 hours of it being known he wanted a move away from Juve.

Fred has been absolutely over his head since he got to United. I can't fault the guy for his transfer fee and wages, and he actually seems like a likeable dude, but he's better suited for Wolves or Crystal Palace than a top PL club.

Maguire should have been released outright as soon as he got arrested in Greece last summer. That got swept under the rug quickly, eh? Never mind his putrid post Euros form.

Pogba's attitude stinks. Good player but doesn't fit the team. I agree with you on 3/3. All of them should be gone. The squad overall is bloated and should be trimmed. In addition, obvious cuts to me include Jones, Matic, Martial, Henderson (just sell him and get a decent fee for him, don't let him rot on the bench), and Pereira. Mata and Cavani are also out of contract and won't return in all likelihood. That's a lot of wages cleared off the books to go for Haaland, an out and out box to box midfielder (Rice, Ndidi, Boussouma, et al), another center back, and a back up striker.

Absolutely not.

I've said from the very beginning that bringing back Ronaldo was a huge mistake. Aging primadonna's, no matter how talented in any sport, hardly ever work out. Edi Cavani just worked with this team and now he's relegated to substitute duties. Going with Cavani for one more year with Martial backing him up and going full press for Haaland next summer is a move that makes too much sense, but no, the Glazers couldn't help themselves and saw dollar signs as soon as Ronaldo became available again. He was signed within 48 hours of it being known he wanted a move away from Juve.

Fred has been absolutely over his head since he got to United. I can't fault the guy for his transfer fee and wages, and he actually seems like a likeable dude, but he's better suited for Wolves or Crystal Palace than a top PL club.

Maguire should have been released outright as soon as he got arrested in Greece last summer. That got swept under the rug quickly, eh? Never mind his putrid post Euros form.

Pogba's attitude stinks. Good player but doesn't fit the team. I agree with you on 3/3. All of them should be gone. The squad overall is bloated and should be trimmed. In addition, obvious cuts to me include Jones, Matic, Martial, Henderson (just sell him and get a decent fee for him, don't let him rot on the bench), and Pereira. Mata and Cavani are also out of contract and won't return in all likelihood. That's a lot of wages cleared off the books to go for Haaland, an out and out box to box midfielder (Rice, Ndidi, Boussouma, et al), another center back, and a back up striker.
No point me adding anything to this, because I couldn't have said it any better.

If I was Man Utd. I’d give the West Ham manager a crack at the job :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

FC8698EE-D95B-4862-B369-23F95A8FC25F.jpeg

If we don't get a win or draw against Belgium tomorrow, might be seeing you in the semis! Considering Denmark hadn't dropped a point during the entire qualifiers, that's an incredible result.
That’s cool. We’ll just handle the ball again and get a penalty off you :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

(Check the headline… 35 years on and still going on about it)

(Edit it’s 44 years ago now!!)

FD82FE50-7F81-4B75-9052-EADB3D7D4F76.jpeg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom