Official Worldwide Football (Soccer) Discussion Thread (6 Viewers)

https://www.67hailhail.com/news/cel...y-hes-brought-in-joe-hart-and-james-mccarthy/

lets hope joe can recover some of his form that propelled him to the English no1 jersey
Hope so. Hart’s career has been in free fall for the past 5 years. McCarthy has spent more time on the treatment table than on the pitch. Look like a couple of panic buys to me. I suspect that these are boardroom signings and not Ange’s.

I like the way Ange is trying to get the team to play football but they left it too late to appoint him and he’s not been allowed to bring in his own back room team. Wouldn’t surprise if he decides that he wants to go.

Hope so. Hart’s career has been in free fall for the past 5 years. McCarthy has spent more time on the treatment table than on the pitch. Look like a couple of panic buys to me. I suspect that these are boardroom signings and not Ange’s.

I like the way Ange is trying to get the team to play football but they left it too late to appoint him and he’s not been allowed to bring in his own back room team. Wouldn’t surprise if he decides that he wants to go.
Important Victory for Celtic in the Europa League Qualifying. Probably best they missed out UCL. Lets the focus on regaining SPL title and a more realistic chance of progressing deeper into a European Competition

As a Villa fan, I think we all knew that today has been on the cards for a while now; even though I'd prepared myself mentally for it to happen, City finally sealing the deal is still very surreal.

Very, very sad to see Greals go but, over the course of the next couple of seasons, I think that £100m will do us more good than having kept him. We'll be able to strengthen the squad a lot with that money and, truth be told, as much as I want to see him win trophies (which he will now), I actually think he's going to struggle at City.

As a fellow Villa fan was gutted but knew it was coming and had already accepted it. Looks like a lot of the money has already been spent and it's a mixed bag for me, not sure how much it strengthens the team for going forward but time will tell. I think he will slot in well at City and really push himself as a player, wouldn't surprise me if I'm a couple of years Barcelona where knocking at his door.

As a fellow Villa fan was gutted but knew it was coming and had already accepted it. Looks like a lot of the money has already been spent and it's a mixed bag for me, not sure how much it strengthens the team for going forward but time will tell. I think he will slot in well at City and really push himself as a player, wouldn't surprise me if I'm a couple of years Barcelona where knocking at his door.
I thought I remembered you saying that you were a Villa fan!

I know the £25m we spent on him was a quarter of what we got for Grealish, but I'm really excited to see Ings in a Villa shirt.

Think the biggest positive with the new signings is the focus on attack, if it works it will be a game changer for how we play in the future

Think the biggest positive with the new signings is the focus on attack, if it works it will be a game changer for how we play in the future
Agreed — as long as we can hold on to Martinez in goal, too!

Strange feeling watching a final with Sweden against Canada in football! Normally it is ice hockey...

Sweden's lost every big soccer final I've watched. Maybe I should take one for the team and turn the tv off...

Screenshot_20210806_191918.jpg

I hate soccer.... doesn't matter if you're the better team or not, it's still a coinflip :(

Go Sweden!!!

6-0 win. Could have been 10-0.

Team linking well. Still not convinced by our defence.

Joe Hart looks better than the other two goalies (my mum would be better than them).

Signs there that the rebuild is going in the right direction.

As a Barca fan I am gutted. If he had to leave I wish he went to the PL it would’ve been nice to see him play there.
Hope PSG fans will enjoy him and that he keeps on delivering great performances for football.
:(

I guess he couldn't go anywhere else because of his wages but going to the French league shows a real lack of desire.

Ronaldo is the real goat.
Nah, going to Arsenal would have shown a lack of desire! I'd say that the PSG move gives him the best chance of winning the Champions League, so feel the lack of desire critique is a bit misplaced, personally.

What an insane opening weekend to the Premier League though — the best one in memory. Think it'll be the closest title race in a long time, with my predictions as follows:

1st: Chelsea
2nd: Man City
3rd: Man United
4th: Liverpool

First manager sacked: Arteta

Relegated: Norwich; Southampton; Newcastle.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom