Official Worldwide Football (Soccer) Discussion Thread (7 Viewers)

JMC9389

Royal Flush
Supporter
Reaction score
Only fitting that the world's most popular sport gets it's own thread after a more than successful Euro thread.

What do you all say about the upcoming summer transfer window?

So far, looks like Sancho to United is just about a done deal, just waiting on the Euros to finish for his medical. Sadly for United, I think the curse of the #7 shirt continues. I think he should wear #19 as he did for England. The #7 shirt at United weighs heavy on the young talent, I wouldn't put that pressure on the kid if it were up to me.

Only fitting that the world's most popular sport gets it's own thread after a more than successful Euro thread.

What do you all say about the upcoming summer transfer window?

So far, looks like Sancho to United is just about a done deal, just waiting on the Euros to finish for his medical. Sadly for United, I think the curse of the #7 shirt continues. I think he should wear #19 as he did for England. The #7 shirt at United weighs heavy on the young talent, I wouldn't put that pressure on the kid if it were up to me.
Not sure he's the player United really need — unless they can strengthen their squad throughout with a few world class players. Based on the amount of times they conceded the first goal of a game in the most recent PL season (granted, they came back to win most of the time), I'd like to see them get maybe one or two more truly quality defenders, first and foremost. I think if they can do that, then they might have a shot at the title over the next few years.

Even as a Villa fan, I think the most interesting transfer storyline of the summer is Grealish. He's got Man City written all over him, sadly.

giphy (4).gif

Looking forward to talking football with you lot. Something else I enjoy that involves round objects.

I mainly follow the Serie A, a Juventus supporter, and the A-League in Australia, a WSW supporter.

Last edited:
https://www.goal.com/en/news/messi-...eague-winning-team/1q5sorc0hetps1gc2tphzql27k

Messi to stay at Barcelona. Thoughts?

I would have loved to see him at another club in a different league. I know it's romantic to be a1 club person but doesn't really test yourself as an athlete.

Definitely going to look more favorable on Ronaldo when the historians look back at his career vs that of Messi.
After taking a pay-cut I think it's okay he stays at Barcelona. Even given his age he still remains very important to the team.

I also don't think Messi going to Man City or PSG would've done him any favors as far as his legacy goes. CR7 going to Juventus didn't do himself any good that's for sure. The stats are there but one can argue the team is better off without him. Definitely underwhelmed in champions league.

well lets cause some trouble.. :cool ...

What are your top 3 leagues you enjoy watching
For me 1)Serie A 2) serie a and 3) Serie A
jk

1) Serie A
2) la Liga
3) South American soccer (Super Liga Argentina when i get to see their games)

jk

1) Serie A
2) la Liga
Not even the EPL at 3rd!?

jk

1) Serie A
2) la Liga
I only watch my team (Celtic) play in the SPL. I’ve zero interest in watching other teams / leagues.
I’ll watch every game of the World Cup and Euros. Absolutely love international football as you can’t buy success. I would go back to the rule that a player or one of his parents has to be born in the country they represent. Didn’t like the idea of 3 Brazilians playing for Italy.

I only watch my team (Celtic) play in the SPL. I’ve zero interest in watching other teams / leagues.
I’ll watch every game of the World Cup and Euros. Absolutely love international football as you can’t buy success. I would go back to the rule that a player or one of his parents has to be born in the country they represent. Didn’t like the idea of 3 Brazilians playing for Italy.
https://www.italy24news.com/sports/football/64620.html
so not paternal great-great-grandfather?

What happens if you moved country and have no interest in ever going back or being associated with your previous country?

Bloody Italians emigrating everywhere. It's one way to conquer world football!

What happens if you moved country and have no interest in ever going back or being associated with your previous country?
Not for me. I think it dilutes it. I remember when they introduced the grandparents rule. Jack Charlton was the first one I remember exploiting that. They used to say that if you drank a pint of Guinness you qualified to play for Ireland :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

Scotland has a couple of players that have no interest in Scotland but are only there because they aren’t good enough to be selected for England. I don’t want players like that playing for my country.

Not for me. I think it dilutes it. I remember when they introduced the grandparents rule. Jack Charlton was the first one I remember exploiting that. They used to say that if you drank a pint of Guinness you qualified to play for Ireland :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

Scotland has a couple of players that have no interest in Scotland but are only there because they aren’t good enough to be selected for England. I don’t want players like that playing for my country.
refugees?

I also agree with going back to the rule of parents.
in terms of refugees, perhaps they deserve their own team sponsored by FIFA, Olympics or any organization that runs the tournament. Also if any athlete that doesn't want to play\represent their country can join.

Seems dodgy to me too, I'm not a fan. That Emerson guy is not Italian in the slightest is he?

You see it a lot in the Olympics too, where they get guys in that have lived in a country for a few years and get granted citizenship.

jk

1) Serie A
2) la Liga

1/ Premier league
2/ Liga
3/ Serie A
4/ Bundesliga

Big fan of PSG here! (I'm from Paris)

Big mercato right now :
- 60 M : Hakimi for Right Back (top 5 RB on my opinion)
- Free :
- Ramos for center back for free (no words about him, huge hendonmob), i'm litle afraid about my guy Kimpembe, I think He lost his place on the 11 starter exept if we play 352
- Gigio Donnaruma, best goalkeeper on the euro, young, talented, very good Catch for free I guess
- and for me the best catch is Wini on thé miedfielder, very very good
We very need about a Guy like him

And now i Hope Cristiano...

Seems dodgy to me too, I'm not a fan. That Emerson guy is not Italian in the slightest is he?

You see it a lot in the Olympics too, where they get guys in that have lived in a country for a few years and get granted citizenship.
I think State of Origin (rugby league) has it about right; if you live in the place before your 13th (?or 14th) birthday, you can represent them. Otherwise you don’t qualify. There will be heart break cases of people who don’t qualify, but at least it stop recruiting developed talent from other nations.

So kids, this is why we need to learn solid math skills when we are in school:

Speaking to Sky Sport Italia, Donnarumma said, “I didn’t celebrate on the penalty because I didn’t realize we had won.” He also mentioned that he was already “feeling down” after Jorginho missed the penalty and thought the team had lost and went to continue. Donnarumma also added that with the introduction of VAR, they have to look at their feet to check he’s not in front of the line and turned to the referee to see if it was okay. That’s when he noticed his team charging towards him and it started from there.

https://www.news18.com/news/footbal...brate-after-saving-penalty-shots-3959054.html

Messi to stay at Barcelona. Thoughts?

I would have loved to see him at another club in a different league. I know it's romantic to be a1 club person but doesn't really test yourself as an athlete.

Definitely going to look more favorable on Ronaldo when the historians look back at his career vs that of Messi.

I kind of respect one club players, since not many are. Its also good for the fans i believe. Ilook at it as the player is to good to trade no mater what price offered and the player loves the team and fan base to want to stay.

In terms of the Messi vs CR7, both are fantastic players but i choose Messi. He is a play maker not just a shooter.

messi vs  cr7.jpg

I kind of respect one club players, since not many are. Its also good for the fans i believe. Ilook at it as the player is to good to trade no mater what price offered and the player loves the team and fan base to want to stay.

In terms of the Messi vs CR7, both are fantastic players but i choose Messi. He is a play maker not just a shooter.

View attachment 737316
Sure those stats look great and favourable to Messi but it doesn't take into account that Messi has been playing in higher calibre teams for longer so his stats will look better than Ronaldos. I used to be firmly on Team Messi but of late Ive been leaning more to that Both are GOATs and really hard to compare evenly.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom