Official Worldwide Football (Soccer) Discussion Thread (9 Viewers)

Didn’t realise what you meant when you said semi final. Thought it was just one game. We’ll beat Italy then get pumped out by North Macedonia :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:
Italy piss easy, we battered them tonight and should have had the win. I know Scotland aren't up to our standard but should still manage it.

BEBC144C-766A-4A85-9391-225EEC5A1B7F.jpeg

Anyone tell me what a DP is? We’re signing a guy from a team called Charlotte in the MLS. He’s being called a DP on Twitter but no idea what that means over here…

A45440EC-E2BD-42A9-A7C5-D94159B96157.jpeg
DBE7AA1B-9974-4540-9C66-7EC7D29CB2E0.jpeg

Anyone tell me what a DP is? We’re signing a guy from a team called Charlotte in the MLS. He’s being called a DP on Twitter but no idea what that means over here…

View attachment 843627View attachment 843628
DP stands for "designated player". Per MLS league rules, a team can only have so many designated players on their roster in order to promote parity within the league. A designated player is essentially an international player not native to the United States. IMO, this is stagnating the growth of the game in the country and is unfairly kneecapping a lot of teams from improving their roster.

DP stands for "designated player". Per MLS league rules, a team can only have so many designated players on their roster in order to promote parity within the league. A designated player is essentially an international player not native to the United States. IMO, this is stagnating the growth of the game in the country and is unfairly kneecapping a lot of teams from improving their roster.
Ah right. We used to have a “3 foreigner” rule that meant you could only have 3 non Scottish players on the pitch at a time.

They got rid of the rule in the 90’s and our national team suffered greatly as a result. One of the only upsides of Brexit is that British teams will have to sign more British players because of the hassle of signing players from the EU. We’re already seeing some young talent from Scottish premier division teams being signed by EPL teams.

Personally I would keep your DP rule. If the USA really gets behind football they could do something serious on the international stage. They already have the stadia and the infrastructure. They just need the population to get behind the sport.

In Scotland you either play football or rugby but in the USA there’s so many sports ahead of football that it dilutes the choice of players.

That's a blast from the past. Was always over rated and had no idea he was still playing

I’m going tonight, hoping for a win although I think it’ll be a close game. We’re missing 5 first team starters.
Close? Imagine if you had those players?

@BonScot I present to you the magic of Ange. I never had any doubt in his ability as a coach. Enjoy him while you can. He will be heading for bigger things eventually.

Close? Imagine if you had those players?

@BonScot I present to you the magic of Ange. I never had any doubt in his ability as a coach. Enjoy him while you can. He will be heading for bigger things eventually.
He’s got them playing really fast attractive football. My biggest concern was the defensive side but he’s getting that sorted as well. He inherited an absolute mess so to turn it around so quickly is amazing (9 of the starting 11 were his signings). You were right about him. He was an unknown here but he’s won the fans over quickly. And to think we were after Eddie Howe!!

There are no bigger things than Celtic…

Attachments

• 4FB460B8-82BB-4DC3-93D7-ECADC7216052.png
    4FB460B8-82BB-4DC3-93D7-ECADC7216052.png
    580.2 KB · Views: 54
  • A8E24658-A07E-4FDE-97B7-0575E3EF54A0.png
    A8E24658-A07E-4FDE-97B7-0575E3EF54A0.png
    852.1 KB · Views: 53
  • 2264154B-29FE-4302-9144-F043D5DA8AC0.png
    2264154B-29FE-4302-9144-F043D5DA8AC0.png
    584.6 KB · Views: 54
He’s got them playing really fast attractive football. My biggest concern was the defensive side but he’s getting that sorted as well. He inherited an absolute mess so to turn it around so quickly is amazing (9 of the starting 11 were his signings). You were right about him. He was an unknown here but he’s won the fans over quickly. And to think we were after Eddie Howe!!

There are no bigger things than Celtic…
How's Cameron Carter vickers been for the season?

He’s doing really well. Apparently we’ve got an option to buy him for £6m which would be a steal.
Would you say he's been one of celtics best players this season? I think we (spurs) are definitely selling him to yous for that price! Academy graduate and all.

Would you say he's been one of celtics best players this season? I think we (spurs) are definitely selling him to yous for that price! Academy graduate and all.
He’s flown under the radar as we have a lot of fast attacking players but he’s a really safe player at the back. Better than the other one that’s playing just now. We’ve got a guy out long term and when he gets back I’d like to see them playing together.

Tonight’s match between Arbroath v Hamilton.

There are 4 players called Hamilton on the pitch. 3 Hamiltons play for Arbroath and 1 Hamilton plays for Hamilton…

Good luck to the commentator :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:
Reminds me of this other Scottish footballing conundrum...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom