Official Home Game Pics Thread! (111 Viewers)

If it were only for me it would only be single malt and no Blue in the cabinet. You have to have some for the other players!!! Also by having other liquors equals more single malt for ME!

exactly this. single malt for me, the others...for others.

I'm sorry ... but why there is a bottle of vodka?

I was less concerned about the vodka, and more confused by the bargain basement vodka alongside the quality beverages.

see above. and bargain basement? it's actually five times distilled and worthy of being used to mix - at a fraction of the cost of shitty goose, belv, etc. and while i'm not a huge vodka person anymore, i used to drink nothing but christiania when i was.

tough crowd.

I have a half gallon of Enchanted Rock Vodka in my cabinet. They distill it about 4 miles away from the house at Rebecca Creek Distillery. Not
exactly this. single malt for me, the others...for others.

see above. and bargain basement? it's actually five times distilled and worthy of being used to mix - at a fraction of the cost of shitty goose, belv, etc. and while i'm not a huge vodka person anymore, i used to drink nothing but christiania when i was.

tough crowd.
I have a half gallon of Enchanted Rock Vodka in my cabinet. They distill it about 4 miles away from the house at Rebecca Creek Distillery. Also have some Jack, Crown and others. Never the cheap stuff but ones that I do not drink. Oban and Glenlivet is a must!

I'm a big fan of vodka. I know the Kirkland is supposed to be a better quality, though very similar to Goose, and I won't knock it for it's use in a mix (I use 360 just for mixes myself). But the fact remains JW Blue comes in at $200 a bottle, Kirkland $27 for a 1.5 litre.

It's the disparity that shocks me.

...and I'd be happy to sip down some of that JW Blue swill for you. :cool:

here a bottle of vodka (0,5 l) costs ~ $ 3. But that shit is not possible to drink ... just for the homeless ...
the next morning, your head will hurt, as if you were hit with a sledgehammer!
but for $ 5-6, it is good quality.
Usually drink so ... 0.5-1 liter for 2-3 people. 1 liter of juice
and sandwiches are still possible ... So drink almost all ...
you drink 50-100 grams of vodka, and drink a juice. :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

ASoP-XIII Championship Tournament

currently chip leader at first break, after knocking out defending champion - about 1/3 of total chips in play, now 7-handed:
20160206_153343_001.jpg

Chipleader with 84k but dropped to 2nd after :as::qs: vs short-stack's :8c::8h: all-in pre-flop cost me nearly a third of my chips -- great flop, bad turn, no help on river: :qd::5c::3s: :8s: :jc:. Stack now at 59k four-handed, with 78k the biggest stack and the new shortie at 45k. Grind on....
20160206_195333.jpg

After losing 30k two hands later in a second attempt to take out the short stack (my 33 < K7 with river K), finally pinched him off with :ah::7h: vs :4s::4h: when the board ran out :5s::6s::9d: :3h :8d: for the winning straight. Back up to 140k, now heads-up vs 93k stack. Pretty 25Ks now in play, let's do this!

20160206_205332.jpg

Played heads-up for nearly an hour, with my stack dropping down to 100k and losing the chip lead. Ground it back up to a small advantage when this hand occured at L17 (4000/8000 blinds, 1500 ante):

Villain calls on the button, hero checks :qc::9h:, 19k in pot. Flop is :ts::4d::jh:, hero checks open-ender, villain checks foiling hero's check-raising plan.

:ks: on turn, hero checks his made straight, villain bets 15k. Hero raises to 35k, villain moves all-in for 92k total and hero snap calls, covering. Villain turns over :9d::8c: with only three chopping outs. River ace seals the win!

20160206_213630.jpg

Some serious envy that I don't know anyone around here willing to commit to regular home games.

Played heads-up for nearly an hour, with my stack dropping down to 100k and losing the chip lead. Ground it back up to a small advantage when this hand occured at L17 (4000/8000 blinds, 1500 ante):

Villain calls on the button, hero checks :qc::9h:, 19k in pot. Flop is :ts::4d::jh:, hero checks open-ender, villain checks foiling hero's check-raising plan.

:ks: on turn, hero checks his made straight, villain bets 15k. Hero raises to 35k, villain moves all-in for 92k total and hero snap calls, covering. Villain turns over :9d::8c: with only three chopping outs. River ace seals the win!

View attachment 30029
WTG Dave!

Nothing like getting it in in a situation where you can't lose and are only about 7% to chop!

All set for this months game! Another full house tonight with 2 on the wait list. OHB Charity and Sam Adams Cold Snap on tap tonight. It's the debut of the new chairs, looking forward to seeing how they go over with the guys.
20160219_151344.jpg
20160219_151403.jpg
20160219_151416.jpg
20160219_151429.jpg

All set for this months game! Another full house tonight with 2 on the wait list. OHB Charity and Sam Adams Cold Snap on tap tonight. It's the debut of the new chairs, looking forward to seeing how they go over with the guys.

Well the chairs look good, but hell, the whole set up looks great! I would count myself lucky if I got to play there, never mind being the host.

just for my taste, it's different drinks ..
I read somewhere that Americans use vodka for cocktails only???

Yes, mostly true. Americans are big drinkers of beer, wine & whiskey. Vodka is consumed big here but 99% of the time its part of a cocktail (often with other liquors included).

Yes, mostly true. Americans are big drinkers of beer, wine & whiskey. Vodka is consumed big here but 99% of the time its part of a cocktail (often with other liquors included).

Is it true you only drink weak low percentage beer, or is that a common misconception?

Great game last night - had one no show so I let the one guy on the wait list squeeze into the second table for a total of 17. Crazy action early in the game, 6 re-buys by the 3rd round. $1200 prize pool after taking the league rake. I didn't do well, I was sucked out on just about every hand I was in, finished 13th. Here's a photo of the final table. My buddy Pete, a regular for the last year or so finally placed in the money, everyone was happy for him. They chopped for $400 each 1,2,3. He's wearing the $100 bill sunglasses. I'm already looking forward to next month!

20160219_231410.jpg

Well the chairs look good, but hell, the whole set up looks great! I would count myself lucky if I got to play there, never mind being the host.
Thanks! I really enjoy hosting and the guys like it because they know there will be a regular game.

Couple pics from the Friday game @Mr. Cheese 's place. His pocket tens got some river help to take down a nicer pot. I'm so looking forward to the extra quarters from @slisk250 once he gets back in-country. I want to flatten them all in one big batch, so i've got a few more months to wait until that adventure. It will definitely get its own thread. @liftapint 's idea to use the Lakeshore Inn quarters was genius. Such a perfect complimentary chip for the set. I may even decide to move my $0.50s once I get enough quarters. Anybody else have Lakeshore quarters? Drop me a line....

Dan Game 1.JPG
Dan Game 2.JPG

Great game last night - had one no show so I let the one guy on the wait list squeeze into the second table for a total of 17. Crazy action early in the game, 6 re-buys by the 3rd round. $1200 prize pool after taking the league rake. I didn't do well, I was sucked out on just about every hand I was in, finished 13th. Here's a photo of the final table. My buddy Pete, a regular for the last year or so finally placed in the money, everyone was happy for him. They chopped for $400 each 1,2,3. He's wearing the $100 bill sunglasses. I'm already looking forward to next month!

How'd the Gassers do, and how much cleaning did you have to do to them? It's conceivable that I could pick some of those up; I have family relatively close-by (would still take a monumental effort, but if it's worth it, then maybe... :eek:)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom