Super premium hands at home game (1 Viewer)

varoadstter

High Hand
Supporter
Reaction score
I play a .25/.50 game with my neighborhood friends on Thursday nights. Game has been continuous since 2006. In that time we've had maybe two royals, a dozen straight flushes, and dozens of quads. This week's game was one for the record books.

First, a player gets quad 10s on the turn after flopping a set. He was so desperate to get paid he slowplayed the turn and river OOP to no bets. He made like $4 on the hand. Ouch.

Then it was my turn. I have Kh5h and flop a flush on a board of 8h7h4h. I'm UTG and check flop. I get a check, bet and a call before I toss in a call. Four players to the turn it comes down 6h for the 8 high straight flush. I bet $5 into a $7 pot knowing someone else has to have the Ah and I want them to come over the top. Next to act raises it up to $15 and I see we're both pot committed so I shove and get the call. Opponent had the AhAd and sat there dumbfounded seeing me drag in a $85 pot.

About 10 minutes left in the game I get 7c6c on the button. 2 players in before I call, blinds fold. Pot is around $8. Flop gives me open ended straight flush draw with 9c8c2h. One bet and a fold in front of me and I call $4. Turn is the As. Opponent makes it $10 and I raise it up to $25. He calls. River is the Tc, unreal. Opponent checks and I jam to put him all in for around $35. He folds fairly quickly and shows me Ah9h. I show the straight flush and everyone just rolls their eyes.

I was the big winner up $185. How could I not be? I've had one other instance where I had a straight flush and then quads 4 hands apart at Caesar's Indiana but I don't think I've ever seen that many premiums in one night before. A buddy of mine did show AA 7 times in a session once. Live poker is rigged.

That's awesome to run this hot. The first night I debuted the shuffle tech back in December we had our first Royal, and quads three separate times. When the royal hit, the other player still in the hand was holding pocket Kings, flopped trips, and boated up full of 5's on the river. Since then they all claimed that the shuffler was rigged (HAHA).

I think if you're playing a lot of hands you're going to see more premium hands it all comes down to variance. It is definitely weird when they all come out on the same night !

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom