Official Home Game Pics Thread! (177 Viewers)

That's awesome.

I told my daughter like 3 years ago that when she turned 8, I would teach her how to play poker. Well, her 8th birthday is coming up this year, and guess what I hear about almost every day now??? :eek: (I have never brought it up myself since then...)

That and now my 4 1/2 year old son is obsessed with games now. I mean OBSESSED. Any board game or card game, he's into it, even though he can't read yet and can't really play most of them. Every single night I walk in to "come play this game with me now!!!!111!!!!1!!"

It's gonna be really fun in a few more years. :D

Crap, your son is going to be potting every single PLO hand at BBOTB XXVII.

1999. Top quality table, chips and pokaz. I put the awful bunchy felt on that "table" and I had the best setup of anyone in my player circle!.

View attachment 29002

I miss those weekly games at your house........ Caddyshack and Bum Fights, Curt bombing your bathroom, dealer choice craziness, Phil and his bananas.... the good ol days

IMG_0992_zpsfo60khd0.jpg

Some 3-handed betting action pre=flop with an all-in bet on the flop. Bettor has A3 under there.

IMG_0997_zpsemjfq3ro.jpg

Pics from an old thread but would love to know what kind of cards these are. I love them!

Looks like my cabinet. Many bottles of single malt and one bottle of all others. I am not a big fan of Blue but did finish off a bottle last month

Man...give me a 30 pack of Bud Lights and some cahds and happier than a pig in shit. You guys are too classy for me. :D

Side note: Is that BJ's brand vodka?

Looks like my cabinet. Many bottles of single malt and one bottle of all others. I am not a big fan of Blue but did finish off a bottle last month

i'm actually not a huge fan either but it was a christmas gift from a client and is a "favorite" among my non-scotch/whisky drinking friends. i assume the idea of drinking "blue" is what does it for them. :unsure:

Man...give me a 30 pack of Bud Lights and some cahds and happier than a pig in shit. You guys are too classy for me. :D

it's made by kirkland which is what costco peddles at large discounts versus say grey goose. it's cheap and ends up getting mixed with something so it saves a little money and keeps the masses happy.

Last edited:
Reactions: 72o
Same here. It's an overpriced blend. Received mine as s gift along with others from clients that only sit in the shelf or get re-gifted. It's hell being a single malt snob.

it's the truth. the upside to it is that a couple bottles go a long way; i have but a few friends that enjoy a good single malt so the scotch is always the last to go. the lagavulin and oban pictured above will be more than enough for my upcoming game but i think i'll be picking up a bottle of laphroaig this weekend for the heck of it.

Not a fan of JW even if it is blue. Big fan of the Lagavulin 16 and the Oban. The glenmorangie I prefer in the 18 year, but I think the 10 year is an outstanding value given that I can find it sometimes foe the same price as Glenlivet 12, etc.

Actual conversation that took place at the beginning of S@P2 between @Supahnit and @Mr Tree (may not be verbatim, but close enough):

Doug: Got any beer?

Tom: (points at kegs) This is XXX. It's a full-bodied IPA with a hint of citrus and they say it increases a man's potency sevenfold. This other one is XXXX. It's a bit more low-key and earthy and has been proven to have the ability to ward off zombies.

Doug: Sooooo... Got any beer?

Tom: (sighs) There are some Bud Lights in the fridge.

Glenlivet 12 is my "go to" scotch. 15 and 18 on nice evenings. Years ago Dewars was my "mow the lawn" scotch. I cannot even palate it anymore now so glen 12 took its place

I drink beer as well! Up until a few years ago I was running the marketing for a decent size chain of convenience stores. One of my main jobs and most favorite was being a beer purchaser. Worked with all the breweries and had the opportunity to taste many beers even before they were released to the consumers. Fun job with many boondoggles and good times

Reactions: 72o
As many of you know, we spread a home made meal for the players when I host.

Part of the spread . . .

The main course is pecan crusted fried chicken fingers. This is the number one favorite of the crew. My wife fried over six pounds of chicken for us (42 fingers)

Made from scratch blueberry cobbler with Blue Bell Homemade Vanilla ice cream. Over a quart of berries in the cobbler, dang it was good with that ice cream

You may win, you may lose, but you never go home hungry -=- DrStrange

Last edited:
As many of you know, we spread a home made meal for the players when I host.

Part of the spread . . .

The main course is pecan crusted fried chicken fingers. This is the number one favorite of the crew. My wife fried over six pounds of chicken for us (42 fingers)

Made from scratch blueberry cobbler with Blue Bell Homemade Vanilla ice cream. Over a quart of berries in the cobbler, dang it was good with that ice cream

You may win, you may lose, but you never go home hungry -=- DrStrange

Wooooop it looks delicious!
I would cross the ocean to eat some of that right now! haha

I was less concerned about the vodka, and more confused by the bargain basement vodka alongside the quality beverages.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom