Mold sizes? (1 Viewer)

Which ASM mold takes a 1" inlay? And does it cost more than the 7/8? thanx;
Same cost for both size inlays. According to the Chip design tool, the A mold, plain mold, hourglass mold, and elephant crown mold are the only ones that accept a 1" inlay without giving you a warning.

ASM is now CPC. Nope same cost. Some molds are designed for 7/8 inlays but can take 1 inch Inlays. But the mold design could affect the inlay artwork.

More info here

http://pokerchipsonline.com/pokerchips/realclay/molddesigns.htm

That was the concern on these. "B" mold wants a 7/8" inlay but I wanted the inlay background color to touch the spots. I also did not want the inner ring to distort the text.
These ended up being 1-1/16" inlay with artwork reduced to stay inside the ring. I know this was a pain for CPC because the inlay would try to slide around on top of the ring.
Truly superb work by @Johnny5 and @David Spragg

full

That's a bit of a pity for me cause I like the 'A' mold but I prefer a textured inlay, I like the Horsehead too but
the inlay is too small.

That's a bit of a pity for me cause I like the 'A' mold but I prefer a textured inlay, I like the Horsehead too but
the inlay is too small.
Only the 44mm A Mold has a smooth inlay... the 39mm inlay will be textured. As stated above you can use any size inlay on any chip with the exception of 44mm chips... only 7/8" inlay can be used on those. I had a 1" inlay used on the jockey mold even though 7/8" is recommended... they came out great!

20171009_124943.jpg

Also, depending on the mold used, the inlay texture will not be consistent. I have some A mold and H mold samples, my customs on the jockey mold and each chip within each mold has varying degrees of texture... some are coarse, some are smooth and some are in between.

Last edited:
Only the 44mm A Mold has a smooth inlay... the 39mm inlay will be textured. As stated above you can use any size inlay on any chip with the exception of 44mm chips... only 7/8" inlay can be used on those. I had a 1" inlay used on the jockey mold even though 7/8" is recommended... they came out great!

View attachment 153613

Also, depending on the mold used, the inlay texture will not be consistent. I have some A mold and H mold samples, my customs on the jockey mold and each chip within each mold has varying degrees of texture... some are course, some are smooth and some are in between.

Thanks for the info Linky so I can still use the 39mm 'A' mold for a texture if I choose too...btw those tournament chips look great;

Thanks for the info Linky so I can still use the 39mm 'A' mold for a texture if I choose too...btw those tournament chips look great;
Yes... to clarify, between both the 39mm and 44mm A mold, only the 44mm has a smooth inlay. The other smooth inlay is the 39mm FDL mold... all others are textured.

Thanks for the compliment!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom