Indy 500 Contest (1 Viewer)

Repost of #111, completed:

Draft order:
#1 - @ChaosRock = Alexander Rossi (9)
#2 - @David O = Will Power (6)
#3 - @BGinGA = Simon Pagenaud (1)
#4 - @slisk250 = Helio Castroneves (12)
#5 - @Chippy McChiperson = Josef Newgarden (8)
#6 - @bsdunbar1 = Scott Dixon (18)
#7 - @bsdunbar1 = Ryan Hunter-Reay (22)
#8 - @Chippy McChiperson = Ed Carpenter (2)
#9 - @slisk250 = Colin Herta (5)
#10 - @BGinGA = Spencer Pigot (3)
#11 - @David O = James Hinchcliffe (32)
#12 - @ChaosRock = Ed Jones (4)
#13 - @ChaosRock = Takuma Sato (14)
#14 - @David O = Sebastien Bourdais (7)
#15 - @BGinGA = Tony Kanaan (16)
#16 - @slisk250 = Graham Rahal (17)
#17 - @Chippy McChiperson = Marco Andretti (10)
#18 - @bsdunbar1 = Conor Daly (11)
#19 - @bsdunbar1 = Marcus Ericsson (13)
#20 - @Chippy McChiperson = Zach Veach (28)
#21 - @slisk250 = Felix Rosenqvist (29)
#22 - @BGinGA = JR Hildebrand (21)
#23 - @David O = Sage Karam (31)
#24 - @ChaosRock = Matheus Leist (24)
#25 - @ChaosRock = Jack Harvey (25)
#26 - @David O = Oriel Servia (19)
#27 - @BGinGA = Charlie Kimball (20)
#28 - @slisk250 = James Davison (15)
#29 - @Chippy McChiperson = Jordan King (26)
#30 - @bsdunbar1 = Pippa Mann (30)
Three drivers not chosen = Santino Ferrucci (23), Ben Hanley (27), Kyle Kaiser (33)

ChaosRock:

9. 27 Alexander Rossi (W), Nevada City, California, Andretti Autosport, Honda
4. 63 Ed Jones Dubai, United Arab Emirates, Ed Carpenter Racing, Chevrolet
14. 30 Takuma Sato (W), Tokyo, Japan, Letterman Lanigan Racing, Honda
24. 4 Matheus Leist, Novo Hamburgo, Brazil, A.J. Foyt Enterprises, Chevrolet
25. 60 Jack Harvey, Bassingham, England, Meyer Shank Racing, Honda

DavidO:

6. 12 Will Power (W), Toowoomba, Australia, Team Penske, Chevrolet
32. 5 James Hinchcliffe, Toronto, Canada, Arrow Schmidt Peterson Motorsports, Honda
7. 18 Sebastien Bourdais, Le Mans, France, Dale Coyne Racing with Vasser-Sullivan, Honda
31. 24 Sage Karam, Nazareth, Pennsylvania, Dreyer & Reinbold Racing, Chevrolet
19. 77 Oriol Servia, Pals, Spain, Team Stange w/ Arrow SPM, Honda

BGinGA:

1. 22 Simon Pagenaud, Montmorillon, France, Team Penske, Chevrolet
3. 21 Spencer Pigot, Orlando, Florida, Ed Carpenter Racing, Chevrolet
16. 14 Tony Kanaan (W), Salvador, Brazil, A.J. Foyt Enterprises, Chevrolet
21. 48 JR Hildebrand, Sausalito, California, Dreyer & Reinbold Racing, Chevrolet
20. 23 Charlie Kimball, Camarillo, California, Carlin, Chevrolet

slisk250:

12. 3 Helio Castroneves (W), Sao Paulo, Brazil, Team Penske, Chevrolet
5. 88 Colton Herta (R), Valencia, California, Harding Steinbrenner Racing, Honda
17. 15 Graham Rahal, New Albany, Ohio, Letterman Lanigan Racing, Honda
29. 10 Felix Rosenqvist (R), Värnamo, Sweden, Chip Ganassi Racing, Honda
15. 33 James Davison, Melbourne, Australia, Dale Coyne Racing with Byrd and Belardi, Honda

Chippy McChipperson:

8. 2 Josef Newgarden, Nashville, Tennessee, Team Penske, Chevrolet
2. 20 Ed Carpenter, Indianapolis, Indiana, Ed Carpenter Racing, Chevrolet
10. 98 Marco Andretti, Nazareth, Pennsylvania, Andretti Herta with Marco & Curb-Agajanian, Honda
28. 26 Zach Veach, Stockdale, Ohio, Andretti Autosport, Honda
26. 42 Jordan King (R), Warwick, England, Rahal Letterman Lanigan Racing, Honda,

bsdunbar1:

18. 9 Scott Dixon (W), Auckland, New Zealand, Chip Ganassi Racing, Honda
22. 28 Ryan Hunter-Reay (W), Fort Lauderdale, Florida, Andretti Autosport, Honda
11. 25 Conor Daly, Noblesville, Indiana, Andretti Autosport, Honda
13. 7 Marcus Ericsson (R), Kumla, Sweden, Arrow Schmidt Peterson Motorsports, Honda
30. 39 Pippa Mann, Ipswich, England, Clauson-Marshall Racing, Chevrolet

Scoring rules from last year.

Scoring is as follows. Each driver scores the number of points equal to his/her finishing position. You add the total for your 5 drivers. Lowest total wins. Bonus for having the winning driver = minus 2 points in place of their finishing spot. In the event of a tie, the win goes to the player with the highest finisher.

winner = -2 points
2nd = 2 points
3rd = 3
4th = 4......

you get the drill

So a perfect score is 12. In reality, 50 is usually looking pretty good.

Looks like Little Al was celebrating Herta's qualifying effort a little bit too much...

"An Avon officer pulled over Unser's vehicle shortly after 1 a.m., clocking it going 59 mph in a 45 mph zone and drifting from its lane, according to court documents. The officer later noticed Unser's eyes were red and glossy and his speech slurred.

Unser said he hadn't been drinking. He staggered to the rear of the vehicle after exiting the car, lost his balance, fell to the ground and rolled down an embankment, the documents said."

Looks like Little Al was celebrating Herta's qualifying effort a little bit too much...

"An Avon officer pulled over Unser's vehicle shortly after 1 a.m., clocking it going 59 mph in a 45 mph zone and drifting from its lane, according to court documents. The officer later noticed Unser's eyes were red and glossy and his speech slurred.

Unser said he hadn't been drinking. He staggered to the rear of the vehicle after exiting the car, lost his balance, fell to the ground and rolled down an embankment, the documents said."

And that's Senior? LOL!!!

Why Herta celebration? Is the Unser family tied to the Harding Steinbrenner Team?

And that's Senior? LOL!!!

Why Herta celebration? Is the Unser family tied to the Harding Steinbrenner Team?

Unser Jr. has a long running love/hate affair with the bottle. Yes, he has some technical role at Harding Steinbrenner. They issued a statement supporting him...

Unser Jr. has a long running love/hate affair with the bottle. Yes, he has some technical role at Harding Steinbrenner. They issued a statement supporting him...

Oh so it was Jr. then. That's not surprising, LOL!!!

Gotcha! I didn't know he was involved with HSR. And for whatever's worth, Unser Jr > Michael Andretti as far as driving is concerned back in the day. Al Jr was never one of my favorites but he definitely wasn't horrible. I was a fan of Senior though, the tail end of his career.

Man I've had some issues making sure I can watch the race with all the geo restrictions. Sometimes VPNs still don't work here. Got it figured out now and watching Carb Day

Graham Rahal just smacked the wall

Not sure if the car is hurt but if they are smart they will tear it down and check everything in the wheel assemblies. I think he was early on the apex and with some understeer just couldn't keep it in the groove.

@BGinGA : Kanaan was giving an interview saying he hasn't felt this good about his car since 2013, the year he won the race. Bold statement indeed. Although he got ripped a couple of days ago for saying his car was crap, LOL! So apparently they made a couple of corrections today that really made a difference.

Either that, or he had a change of heart about possibly being without a ride next year. :D

"Yessir boss, this is the greatest race car ever!"

Either that, or he had a change of heart about possibly being without a ride next year. :D

"Yessir boss, this is the greatest race car ever!"

Yeah, Oriol said he loved his car too...and was slooooow today. he was getting freight trained in traffic.

Marco was fast again...of course it doesn't count now. Can Herta help deliver the goods? Penske isn't messing around spending all the tie scrubbing tires. Pagenaud has 14 sets for the race I believe.

Davison was really fast and driving like a maniac out there again. Had a couple close calls entering the track and getting into the pits. He will wreck again for sure. Things aren't looking great for team slisk today. :tdown:

Yeah, Oriol said he loved his car too...and was slooooow today. he was getting freight trained in traffic.

Marco was fast again...of course it doesn't count now. Can Herta help deliver the goods? Penske isn't messing around spending all the tie scrubbing tires. Pagenaud has 14 sets for the race I believe.

Davison was really fast and driving like a maniac out there again. Had a couple close calls entering the track and getting into the pits. He will wreck again for sure. Things aren't looking great for team slisk today. :tdown:

Can't believe I got Marco towards the end of round 3, was stoked about that.

Side action
Which racers will most outperform their starting positions, the following drivers were selected:
@dbertheau - Hildebrand, Leist, and Hinchcliffe
@ChaosRock - Hinchcliffe, Rosenqvist, and Dixon
@slisk250 - Dixon, Rosenqvist, and Mann

Rookie contest - lowest combined finishing position
Chaos: Rosenqvist, Ferrucci, Hanley
Slisk: Ericsson, Herta and King.

BGinGA
Rd 1 - Will Power
Rd 2 - Ed Carpenter
Rd 3 - Sebastien Bourdais
Rd 4 - JD Hildebrand (actually got this one)
Rd 5 - Matheus Leist
slisk
Rd 1 Helio Castroneves
Rd 2 Ed Jones
Rd 3 Graham Rahal
Rd 4 Marcus Ericsson
Rd 5 Oriol Servia

Last edited:
Game 2 reposted
dbertheau:
1. 22 Simon Pagenaud, Montmorillon, France, Team Penske, Chevrolet
18. 9 Scott Dixon (W), Auckland, New Zealand, Chip Ganassi Racing, Honda
32. 5 James Hinchcliffe, Toronto, Canada, Arrow Schmidt Peterson Motorsports, Honda
16. 14 Tony Kanaan (W), Salvador, Brazil, A.J. Foyt Enterprises, Chevrolet
14. 30 Takuma Sato (W), Tokyo, Japan, Letterman Lanigan Racing, Honda
20. 23 Charlie Kimball, Camarillo, California, Carlin, Chevrolet
17. 15 Graham Rahal, New Albany, Ohio, Letterman Lanigan Racing, Honda
21. 48 JR Hildebrand, Sausalito, California, Dreyer & Reinbold Racing, Chevrolet
24. 4 Matheus Leist, Novo Hamburgo, Brazil, A.J. Foyt Enterprises, Chevrolet
25. 60 Jack Harvey, Bassingham, England, Meyer Shank Racing, Honda
26. 42 Jordan King (R), Warwick, England, Rahal Letterman Lanigan Racing, Honda

ChaosRock:
8. 2 Josef Newgarden, Nashville, Tennessee, Team Penske, Chevrolet
9. 27 Alexander Rossi (W), Nevada City, California, Andretti Autosport, Honda
2. 20 Ed Carpenter, Indianapolis, Indiana, Ed Carpenter Racing, Chevrolet
22. 28 Ryan Hunter-Reay (W), Fort Lauderdale, Florida, Andretti Autosport, Honda
5. 88 Colton Herta (R), Valencia, California, Harding Steinbrenner Racing, Honda
7. 18 Sebastien Bourdais, Le Mans, France, Dale Coyne Racing with Vasser-Sullivan, Honda
29. 10 Felix Rosenqvist (R), Värnamo, Sweden, Chip Ganassi Racing, Honda
28. 26 Zach Veach, Stockdale, Ohio, Andretti Autosport, Honda
23. 19 Santino Ferrucci (R), Woodbury, Connecticut, Dale Coyne Racing, Honda
15. 33 James Davison, Melbourne, Australia, Dale Coyne Racing with Byrd and Belardi, Honda
27. 81 Ben Hanley (R), Manchester, England, DragonSpeed, Chevrolet

slisk250:
6. 12 Will Power (W), Toowoomba, Australia, Team Penske, Chevrolet
12. 3 Helio Castroneves (W), Sao Paulo, Brazil, Team Penske, Chevrolet
4. 63 Ed Jones Dubai, United Arab Emirates, Ed Carpenter Racing, Chevrolet
3. 21 Spencer Pigot, Orlando, Florida, Ed Carpenter Racing, Chevrolet
13. 7 Marcus Ericsson (R), Kumla, Sweden, Arrow Schmidt Peterson Motorsports, Honda
10. 98 Marco Andretti, Nazareth, Pennsylvania, Andretti Herta with Marco & Curb-Agajanian, Honda
11. 25 Conor Daly, Noblesville, Indiana, Andretti Autosport, Honda
19. 77 Oriol Servia, Pals, Spain, Team Stange w/ Arrow SPM, Honda
30. 39 Pippa Mann, Ipswich, England, Clauson-Marshall Racing, Chevrolet
31. 24 Sage Karam, Nazareth, Pennsylvania, Dreyer & Reinbold Racing, Chevrolet
33. 32 Kyle Kaiser, Santa Clara, California, Juncos Racing, Chevrolet

With 11 picks, I dunno how Paulo managed to not pick one single driver on my team in that second game draft. Either I'm an idiot, or..... ;)

With 11 picks, I dunno how Paulo managed to not pick one single driver on my team in that second game draft. Either I'm an idiot, or..... ;)

Purely coincidental, Dave. I think your team is strong AF! Pagenaud was the overall No1 so out of reach. I wanted Pigot badly as my 4th rounder but he was gone. I tried to trade for him with MIke but he didn't budge. Kanaan, well, you know what I think of his car this year, although I'm a big fan.

Edit: I also pick with my heart as opposed to with my thinking brain.

Last edited:
We are driving to the track as I type. I really hope rain holds off. Lots of tailgating and such ahead. Zac Brown put on a great show yesterday and the people watching here is second only to the race I think! Indy is a cool city from what I’ve experienced.

We are driving to the track as I type. I really hope rain holds off. Lots of tailgating and such ahead. Zac Brown put on a great show yesterday and the people watching here is second only to the race I think! Indy is a cool city from what I’ve experienced.

I hope you have a fantastic time, Mike!!!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom