Indy 500 Contest (1 Viewer)

Some crazy-ass sh!t in the pits this year, though. Just glad nobody was seriously injured. Any safe race is a good race, imo. Saw way too many childhood heroes die on the track.

I hear you man. Auto Sport came a long way as far as safety is concern. I remember when I started watching F1, late 70's, there would be deaths almost every year. Things improved substantially, across the board. Especially after Senna's death in 94' (F1). Indy had been improving safety as well. It will never be 100% safe as the risk is inherent to the sport but things are definitely better.

And speaking of accidents, albeit a minor one, what was Bourdais thinking? He clearly squeezed Graham and pushed him to the grass. Not cool at the speed those guys are driving...

I think it was just two heated competitors going for the same piece of real estate. I fault Rahal as much as Sebastian; he could have backed off, too. Better to give up the spot than crash, but that thinking doesn't always prevail late in the race.

We sat about 400 yards before finish line across from the pits. We saw much of the craziness in the pits live and it was a fun race to watch. Saw some hilarious stuff too but didn’t get pics. Exciting finish too, I had the 22 car in our pool by dumb luck. Only bummer is we had a limited view of turn 1 and 4 and the straight in front of us, that was it. Would have been nice to see one of the giant screens and for a while the wife and I moved down some rows to see it. It is quite a party with ALL walks of life, that is for sure!

@ChaosRock how does your favorite driver here NOT put it in the wall. IMO this is the best 210+MPH save in open wheel history.

Also Dixon caused that friggin' wreck and took out wonderboy Herta. Herta had the run and Scott just squeezed him, gave no room. Herts was putting on a clinic, could pass high or low. This guy plus Rossi are rising stars of this series IMO

@ChaosRock how does your favorite driver here NOT put it in the wall. IMO this is the best 210+MPH save in open wheel history.

Also Dixon caused that friggin' wreck and took out wonderboy Herta. Herta had the run and Scott just squeezed him, gave no room. Herts was putting on a clinic, could pass high or low. This guy plus Rossi are rising stars of this series IMO

I watched the race live, Mike. It was an unbelievable save for sure! That Texas circuit is awesome btw. I just wished the second (higher) line was a bit better so we could see more side by side. It was a great race regardless.

Rossi is just an absolute beast. Since the 500 he's been on a mission and is driving superbly.

I agree Dixie shouldn't have closed the door on Herta like that. No need to as he's driving for the championship. Newgarden won the race on his strategy (and holding off Rossi, of course).

I told you that a couple of years ago man, Indy has become the most fun of all three major racing series, by a good margin.

Last edited:
The Texas track is one of the better superspeedway venues, imo. Great place to catch a race, if you ever get the chance.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom