2021 Indy 500 contest (1 Viewer)

I try to never utter any negatives but I gotta let something out of my chest:

The commentary on the race was absolutely abismal imo. Leigh Diffey is not bad as a lap-by-lap guy. I like him quite a lot and he is definitely not clueless. I like him when he was doing F1 and Nascar and like him for Indycar as well. Now, the analysts, Tracy and Bell are just ridiculous. Especially Paul Tracy. For the life of me I do not understand how guys that have years and years of experience driving Indy have no clue as far as strategy is concern. They were probably 0 for 30 on projecting stuff. And JJ and Letarte had NEVER been to a Indy 500 race, LOL! They were's as bad as PT and T-Bell though.

One in your face exemple was the fist yellow flag. Some cars had pitted already. Their comment was that the flag was benefitting Dixon and some other cars who hadn't stopped yet. WTF? Indy is a 2.5 mile track in which one does NOT lap a car which has pitted. It was so obvious that the cars that hadn't stopped would go to the tail end of the lead lap car file. Yes, some of the mid pack were lapped by those who did not stop but not the contenders. They should know that. The flag was horrible for those who had't sopped yet (and not great as they claim).

Another exemple was when Dixon, McLaughlin and others were going for fuel saving and one less pitstop. They were saying a yellow flag would benefit those cars. However, the whole strategy was counting on the remaining cars making a green flag pit, thus loosing more time while Dixon and gang were racing at 200mph. A yellow flag before those regular guys pitstop would cancel that advantage. Just SMH...

It is just annoying seeing every chance they had, they got it wrongly.

Also, they should have some other guys paying closer attention to the cars not in the top 5. It would be great to hear why Power was up and down, Why Herta dropped many positions. How Pagenaud got into contention from running back the whole race, etc... Some of those things I was paying attention to because of our gambol but it would have been nice to get useful information rather than gibberish...

Oh well... Maybe I'm asking for too much...

The commentary on the race was absolutely abismal imo. Leigh Diffey is not bad as a lap-by-lap guy. I like him quite a lot and he is definitely not clueless. I like him when he was doing F1 and Nascar and like him for Indycar as well. Now, the analysts, Tracy and Bell are just ridiculous. Especially Paul Tracy. For the life of me I do not understand how guys that have years and years of experience driving Indy have no clue as far as strategy is concern. They were probably 0 for 30 on projecting stuff. And JJ and Letarte had NEVER been to a Indy 500 race, LOL! They were's as bad as PT and T-Bell though.

One in your face exemple was the fist yellow flag. Some cars had pitted already. Their comment was that the flag was benefitting Dixon and some other cars who hadn't stopped yet. WTF? Indy is a 2.5 mile track in which one does NOT lap a car which has pitted. It was so obvious that the cars that hadn't stopped would go to the tail end of the lead lap car file. Yes, some of the mid pack were lapped by those who did not stop but not the contenders. They should know that. The flag was horrible for those who had't sopped yet (and not great as they claim).

Another exemple was when Dixon, McLaughlin and others were going for fuel saving and one less pitstop. They were saying a yellow flag would benefit those cars. However, the whole strategy was counting on the remaining cars making a green flag pit, thus loosing more time while Dixon and gang were racing at 200mph. A yellow flag before those regular guys pitstop would cancel that advantage. Just SMH...

Also, they should have some other guys paying closer attention to the cars not in the top 5. It would be great to hear why Power was up and down, Why Herta dropped many positions. How Pagenaud got into contention from running back the whole race, etc... Some of those things I was paying attention to because of our gambol but it would have been nice to get useful information rather than gibberish...

I got more out of the talk about the weather from them

There's something I completely forgot to make public:

Props to @slisk250 for mentioning multiple times Helio was going to win the 500 this year. Every chance he had he was telling me that, that he had a feeling. I wasn't super bullish on Castroneves because of his team but Mike never wavered. I even offered him a Tony vs Helio prop, LOL!

Please share your crystal ball with us, Mike!!

No you are correct and Tracey was terrible again. Last year when the yellow came out at the end he immediately stated they will want to stop the race to finish under green...nope, this is Indy not NASCAR. They tried that shit once and the uproar was huge. It’s a place of tradition and you don’t fuck with that. Remember when Emmo didn’t drink the milk? Not good.

Its a shame Paul Page has brain cancer. He and Danika would be a good team. I’ve listened to her do color before, she doesn’t say stupid shit.

Tracey was an awful driver and no better as a broadcaster. Cannot stomach that guy, never could. Danika has been surprisingly good imo, and JJ shows promise.

Field coverage was dismal at best. Simon shows up in 5th place before anybody says a word, and Dixon/Rossi woes get ignored.

Post-race coverage was excellent, however.

Tracey was an awful driver and no better as a broadcaster. Cannot stomach that guy, never could. Danika has been surprisingly good imo, and JJ shows promise.

Field coverage was dismal at best. Simon shows up in 5th place before anybody says a word, and Dixon/Rossi woes get ignored.

Post-race coverage was excellent, however.

100% on all the above, Dave.

It was so funny we only learned the issue with Rossi/Dixon was that they ran out of fuel (thus having issues restarting the car on the pit) close to the end of the race (maybe even only in the post-race, can't remember exactly). They were only the "favorites" after all, LOL!!!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom