Holy grail Paulson set? (1 Viewer)

Holy crap, I LOVE this idea, I was wondering what to do with my ESSTs, because I love the chips, just hate the label inlay (thanks, @BGinGA ).
Hate is a strong word.... :cautious:

And it's not a label.
[/QUOTE
LOL!!! I didn't hate the label inlay thingies. I just very very strongly disliked them compared to the color matched label inlay thingies that these chips were not mocked up after. :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

FYI, @Windwalker. The label inlay thingies came off much easier than expected. :wow::D

Correct, I believe you're missing my point. The T1s and T5s are cool but for me personally, a T25 base set of the Binion's from the T25 through the T5000 is a grail set, not so much a T1 base set.

Once again, refer to the scoreboard and Dave. Everything else means f%k all.

Correct, I believe you're missing my point. The T1s and T5s are cool but for me personally, a T25 base set of the Binion's from the T25 through the T5000 is a grail set, not so much a T1 base set.
What about my T5 PCA primary set?

True. I know a few that prefer no lead and glossy.
tenor (1).gif

It’s a shame he turned out to be kind of a bust as a sire. Greatest Racehorse Ever by a long shot. My Dad has $2 win tickets saved from each of the Triple Crown Races that year. One of his most cherished possessions.

It’s a shame he turned out to be kind of a bust as a sire. Greatest Racehorse Ever by a long shot. My Dad has $2 win tickets saved from each of the Triple Crown Races that year. One of his most cherished possessions.
All that running must’ve been bad for the Triple Crown Jewels.

The biggest problem with the rating scale, to me, is the relative point values. RHC is not -1 in my book. It's more like -100.

Yeah totally agree. After having so many sets here I really think THC is just so much better than RHC.

At the same time I think it’s awesome there are mint RHC’s available for a reasonable price that people can play with (Jacks, upcoming Horseshoe’s etc).

I assume you guys know this, but just in case some are unaware, it wasn't just a movie. It's also a true story. :)

Great movie, great story. I don't know how many times I've watched it. Two fun facts, the owner Mrs. Chenery can be seen in the movie and there's a pole now at Belmont 31 lengths from the finish line to mark this incredible feat. The pole is blue and white, the color of the silks. One of my brothers along with a cousin and an uncle went to all 3 races that year and kept an uncashed $2 ticket from each leg.

It’s a shame he turned out to be kind of a bust as a sire

Agreed.

Greatest Racehorse Ever by a long shot. My Dad has $2 win tickets saved from each of the Triple Crown Races that year. One of his most cherished possessions.

Cool on your dad, but disagreed. I too was at Belmont that day, and that was certainly the greatest single performance ever.

But many -- if not most -- real horse people think Big Red didn't race long enough to be the best ever. No matter how you slice it, three-year-olds are immature, and racing two-year-olds is ridiculous.

For my money, the greatest race horse I ever saw was Forego. He was a monster. When you were on the rail and he came down the stretch, it was like being inside a thunderstorm. Kelso was also great, but he was tiny compared to Forego.

From our guest room:
h2.jpg

It's an outdated pic but this is it for me.
  • Paulson chips, +1
  • leaded formula, +1
  • RHC mold, 0
  • IHC mold, 0
  • primary/secondary sets, +1
  • mint/uncirculated chips, +1
  • full range of denominations, +1
  • above average spot/color choices, +1
  • glossy inlay, 0
  • inlay design, +1
  • THC, +1
  • Textured inlay, +1
  • Shaped inlay, +1
Makes a 10 in my book :)

IMG_5057.jpg

Last edited:
It's an outdated pic but this is it for me.
  • Paulson chips, +1
  • leaded formula, +1
  • RHC mold, 0
  • IHC mold, 0
  • primary/secondary sets, +1
  • mint/uncirculated chips, +1
  • full range of denominations, +1
  • above average spot/color choices, +1
  • glossy inlay, 0
  • inlay design, +1
  • THC, +1
  • Textured inlay, +1
  • Shaped inlay, +1
Makes a 10 in my book :)

View attachment 525182
So if they have an inlay with a design on it, they get a +1?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom