Favorite Set of Cards to Play With (2 Viewers)

All of my Bicycle Prestige cards were purchased for $5/deck or less. Either from Walgreens BOGO (poker size, regular index) or Amazon (two decks unboxed, bridge size in either standard and jumbo index). I prefer the bridge/jumbo versions.

The Walmart and Target near me both carry these in a regular basis. I think they are superior to the Prestige (also pictured in this link) but they come in a standard paper box. The Prestige box is pretty nice.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Ace-100-Percent-Plastic-Playing-Cards/27396266

I put a link up to the other bridge Prestige jumbo bridge but they are without a case for around $10 a set up.
Thus is the box they normally would ship in. So you get get a setup and a box for around $15.

https://www.kemcards.net/kem-card-stroage/us-storage-box-narrow-size

Again, unless you really want these cards there are equal if not better cards that are much easier to get.

All of my Bicycle Prestige cards were purchased for $5/deck or less. Either from Walgreens BOGO (poker size, regular index) or Amazon (two decks unboxed, bridge size in either standard and jumbo index). I prefer the bridge/jumbo versions.

Are the green/brown cards the same card stock as the red/blue cards?

There's a few of my faves, Copag, Fournier, Modianos and I've recently purchased some Desjgn but haven't played with them yet but for the love of god please stay away from KEM!!! I cannot believe how poor quality these can be they warp sooooooo bad and they're super pricey!!!

Even though I have both, I've never directly compared them (and haven't used any poker size cards in our games for several years now).

But I don't think so -- from memory, the poker size cards seemed to have more of a pebble finish, and showed ink wear on the faces quicker than the bridge size cards.

It’s a bit more involved. They are two distinct styles.

First there are the Bicycle Prestige Dura-Flex they sell at Target, Walmart’s, etc. These are the ones in the black box and have a different back design in red and blue. Then you have the Prestige that come as a two deck setup in green and purple.

The two feel different. The Duraflex type and are very very close to the feel of a paper card. Smoother and satiny in texture. Very flexible and only come in poker size.

The two deck Prestige setups feel exactly like Fournier cards (because they are) and have a rougher texture. Similar texture to a DaVinci card but a bit more flexible like Copags and more of a plastic feel than the Duraflex . Now to make things more confusing these deck were made in poker size as well as bridge and in jumbo or standard index.

The artwork in both is very similar and mimics Bicycles spore cards.

Hope that helps.
image.jpg

It’s a bit more involved. They are two distinct styles.

First there are the Bicycle Prestige Dura-Flex they sell at Target, Walmart’s, etc. These are the ones in the black box and have a different back design in red and blue. Then you have the Prestige that come as a two deck setup in green and purple.

The two feel different. The Duraflex type and are very very close to the feel of a paper card. Smoother and satiny in texture. Very flexible and only come in poker size.

The two deck Prestige setups feel exactly like Fournier cards (because they are) and have a rougher texture. Similar texture to a DaVinci card but a bit more flexible like Copags and more of a plastic feel than the Duraflex . Now to make things more confusing these deck were made in poker size as well as bridge and in jumbo or standard index.

The artwork in both is very similar and mimics Bicycles spore cards.

Hope that helps.View attachment 235166

Exactly the info I needed, thanks. I have played with both styles before but it has been a while. You pretty much summed up what I seem to remember. It’s a shame Amazon doesn’t have bridge size standard index in stock or that the jumbo index doesn’t have the yellow around pips for non-face cards.

A really easy to source quality plastic card I have tried is the Ace plastic cards available in red and blue at Walmart. They are made by Cartamundi. Also nice and available at Walmart are the Bicycle Prestige and they have a very nice box.

Now, if you are ok moving to the ergonomically superior bridge sized cards (y) :thumbsup: they are many option but you will have to order on Amazon or elsewhere online.

Here is the best deal in plastic cards I know off https://www.amazon.com/Cartamundi-100-Plastic-Setup-Standard/dp/B06Y3F8CST

Do you like standard or jumbo index?

Right on appreciate it. I'll probably stop by Walmart first to see if my opinion on plastic cards have changed before spending a lot on a deck

Look sweet! Just ordered 2 sets of poker size Jumbo index in all 4 colors!

I pop in and out of here every few months, nothing has changed and Modianos are still on the shit-list right?

To compare some...
Bottom to Top : Dal Negro; Kem; Piatnik; Modiano ; Faded Spade.

Attachments

• 20190213_155454.jpg
    20190213_155454.jpg
    113.5 KB · Views: 221
I pop in and out of here every few months, nothing has changed and Modianos are still on the shit-list right?

Sounds like it.

Seeing that I’m fairly new, I’ve only played with:
-Ace Plastice
-Bicycle Prestige (normal size from Walgreens...whoops)
-Kem

Kem was clearly the favorite with a couple of friends that stopped by.
“Like butter”

So how do you take care of them?
And does it count for newly purchased KEM arrow?
Store them upside down with a cut card and dealer button on top in the box with the lid closed. Acetate cards, especially Kems, are very sensitive to temperature and humidity. However, they are the absolute best feeling cards I know of and I own a sample of basically every brand out there.

New Kems vs old Kems are the same in this capacity. The pre vs post USPC stuff is a myth. I’ve owned several examples from both time periods. The only difference I’ve seen is that the texture got a bit rougher around 2011 or so....several years after the USPC buy out.

Wait until you see them on Amazon for under $23. Several here just picked up a set for around $13 a few weeks ago. I wouldn’t buy them for more than $25.

The colors are very limited now, but Desjgns Classic Culture would be a great choice as well at that price point.

I’ve got Kem’s, Copaq’s, Desjgn, Gemaco Superflex, Modiano, and Faded Spades 2.0

My current top 3 favorites are
1. Faded Spades 2.0
2. Modiano
3. Desjgn

Kem's use to be my go to cards until they warped on me.

I’ve got Kem’s, Copaq’s, Desjgn, Gemaco Superflex, Modiano, and Faded Spades 2.0

My current top 3 favorites are
1. Faded Spades 2.0
2. Modiano
3. Desjgn

Kem's use to be my go to cards until they warped on me.
Yeah seems like a common thing with KEMs I just don't get it. How can they charge that much for a deck when they clearly warp

Fournier are excellent quality cards (their red is too muted for my taste, though).
Their most beautiful back designs are reserved for their bridge-size versions, for some reason.
If you 're OK with bridge size, you can't go wrong with them.

I have these, and they're great. Not quite @desjgn level, but a solid option for bridge jumbo.
I got some desjgn cards along with some chips I bought from @kmccormick100 (thanks alot mate!) they were nice, unfortunately one of the cards chipped, so the deck is out :(
Fournier are excellent quality cards (their red is too muted for my taste, though).
Their most beautiful back designs are reserved for their bridge-size versions, for some reason.
If you 're OK with bridge size, you can't go wrong with them.
Great!
Trying out some bridge cards for mix games and gin type games. Already ordered kem narrow regular index for that.
My experience is that bridge size cards aren't sold quite as much as poker size in Norway :)

Soo... Are all Fournier cards safe to buy?View attachment 277329
Anyways, would those on the picture be a good choice of cards?
I like these cards. They are middle of the road to above average in feel but are very durable. Before I amassed an absurd amount of setups, I used a set up of Fournier made bridge sized bicycle prestige exclusively for about a two years. They got a little sticky but I was able to wipe them down with a damp rag and they still basically feel new...though they acquired a funky smell.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom