DBL Board Omaha. Would you fold this? (1 Viewer)

Fold Call Raise

• Fold

Votes: 19 73.1%
  • Call

Votes: 7 26.9%
  • Raise

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Wouldn’t happen if I did something dumb like fold before the six card flop :D

Stupid.gif

I'm not completely anti-call here. I called with similar (and worse) hands all weekend. I just think that the better (albeit less fun) poker move is to fold this hand given the circumstances.
If I say at the table pondering silly things like “what’s the right play here...” I’d have a lot less fun ;)

For the record, in no way did in bribe, incentivize, or blackmail @Ronoh into agreeing with me. Nor does the $20 that just went into his bank account mean anything but pure coincidence,;)

I'm not completely anti-call here. I called with similar (and worse) hands all weekend. I just think that the better (albeit less fun) poker move is to fold this hand given the circumstances.
I'm all for fun. If I'm in the blinds with that handful of crap, I'll have some fun.

I haven't played a lot of 5 card omaha, but I feel like with these cards, you'd probably need to make quads to win a board? I mean, I suppose the 6's are decent blockers if youre lucky enough to catch a 4 and a 5? But no, I don't think these cards are worth speculating with, even if it only costs 6 bucks.

I'm all for fun. If I'm in the blinds with that handful of crap, I'll have some fun.

not sure why Rob, but i saw you posted and already knew you'd folded. :D

Double board PLO, SOHE, PLO8, any split pot game for that matter, I want to be playing to the nuts one side, preferably the High side in hi/lo games so that I can bomb flops and turns to chase out stronger low draws and to get paid by weeker high hands.

Unless you flop exactly quads or an overfill with the 66 (still vulnerable to any over card) that is never going to happen with this hand.

Fold.

Also folding some hands preflop can give you a bit of a tighter image that may help you later in the game when you need to get someone to fold. They could give you a little more credit for a made hand.

Play suited broadway cards, hopefully with an Ace.

Scooping isn’t easy, but it happens and it only takes winning one or two of those big pots to make for a very profitable night if you don’t waste you money on week hands like this that will be difficult to play at best.

Saved money cashes out at the end of the night just as well as won money.

And I'm not sure why you asked the question, cause we all already knew you played the hand! :D

Actually i wasn't in the hand. But i was definitely shocked when the player said... "i folded quads" and rolled over the 66322

Wow so If I get AAAAK on hand I can only use 2 for each or both boards ?

Correct. At least your AK will be suited ;-)
I believe the worst starting Omaha hand possible would be 2222. O/8, 5 card Omaha, I guess it would be 22229 or 22227. I mean, a pair of 2's beats any non-paired hand, but I would assume that the possibility of other players not having a pair or not pairing the board is very slim.

Wow so If I get AAAAK on hand I can only use 2 for each or both boards ?

1). Must use and can only use 2 in you hand

2). Any 2 cards can be used for either board. E.g. With 66322 in hand You can use the 66 on one board and 63 on the other

3). Welcome to Double board Omaha.

4). If in any doubt. Just yell POT !

5) It is too late to change your flight. :D

So I have to use the same two for both boards ??
no, you can use a different 2 for each board. Say you have AsKsQcQd9h.
The boards run out
3s6s10sAhJd (top)
10hQsKhQh2s (bottom)

You would scoop both with the nut flush up top, and quad queens on the bottom.

Mark

Correct. At least your AK will be suited ;-)
I believe the worst starting Omaha hand possible would be 2222. O/8, 5 card Omaha, I guess it would be 22229 or 22227. I mean, a pair of 2's beats any non-paired hand, but I would assume that the possibility of other players not having a pair or not pairing the board is very slim.
2222 is absolutely the worst starting hand in Omaha. Drawing dead preflop vs any other pair.

Actually i wasn't in the hand. But i was definitely shocked when the player said... "i folded quads" and rolled over the 66322

But he didn’t say I folded quads on both boards I bet!!

Everyone folds some winners. And this would have only been a 1/2 pot winner.

Would he have flopped quads or bottom set on one of 2 boards? Unless he flopped it calling any bets on the flop hoping to improve to an underfull or that bottom set would be good and hold up is to only compete for 1/2 the pot is very optimistic at best.

1). Must use and can only use 2 in you hand

2). Any 2 cards can be used for either board. E.g. With 66322 in hand You can use the 66 on one board and 63 on the other

3). Welcome to Double board Omaha.

4). If in any doubt. Just yell POT !

5) It is too late to change your flight. :D

The hardest player to read is the one that has no clue what he is doing
- Gunnar The Great

But he didn’t say I folded quads on both boards I bet!!

Everyone folds some winners. And this would have only been a 1/2 pot winner.

Would he have flopped quads or bottom set on one of 2 boards? Unless he flopped it calling any bets on the flop hoping to improve to an underfull or that bottom set would be good and hold up is to only compete for 1/2 the pot is very optimistic at best.

Not sure if his hand would have won the other board. Probably not.
But in DBO, I'd say your playing for only 1/2 the pot most of the time anyway. I don't think that should change the fold or call choice for the starting hand.
What I am learning is how important it is to try and keep 2 players in the hand with you when you flop the nuts or drawing to the nuts.

The hardest player to read is the one that has no clue what he is doing
- Gunnar The Great

We can't both have the same strategy at the same table :confused:

I'm not sure how you are playing DBL board big O 8 handed... There's not enough cards in the deck?

No burn on turn and river?

I'm not sure how you are playing DBL board big O 8 handed... There's not enough cards in the deck?

There’s two extra cards. One burn before the flop. One burn before the turn. No river burn.

We've played these games with burns before the flop and river only. Mandatory use of a cut card, obv.

Not O8. But doesn't change that there is a burn, flop, burn, turn , no burn, river

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom