DBL Board Omaha. Would you fold this? (1 Viewer)

Fold Call Raise

• Fold

Votes: 19 73.1%
  • Call

Votes: 7 26.9%
  • Raise

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Not O8. But doesn't change that there is a burn, flop, burn, turn , no burn, river

Double Board Big-O, 8 handed... Should have used some more punctuation.

8 x 5 = 40 cards dealt

40 + 4 (burn flop 1) + 4 (burn flop 2) + 2 (burn turn 1) + 2 (burn turn 2) = 52 and none left for the river.

Do you all not double burn?

There’s two extra cards. One burn before the flop. One burn before the turn. No river burn.

We've played these games with burns before the flop and river only. Mandatory use of a cut card, obv.

We've played Big O without a river burn 9 handed I think. The way we've played the double board games is to burn both boards though. We usually only play 4 card Omaha with DBL board.

I suppose the extra burn is unnecessary.

I'm assuming this is Omaha high-only. As such it's a fold from me. Unless you hit quads you're looking at making underfulls or non-nut straights and those are chip burners

Burn 1 card and flop both boards.
Burn 1 card and flop both turns
No burn flop and flop both rivers

I'm assuming this is Omaha high-only. As such it's a fold from me. Unless you hit quads you're looking at making underfulls or non-nut straights and those are chip burners

Seeing a lot of people worried ( maybe justifiably) about ubderfulls.

And it's starting to make everyone look like nits playing only for the nut nut

Clear no fold. Get as much money in the pot as possible preflop.

Unleash the ravenous gas postflop. Wait until opponents pass out.

SCOOP!

Rinse, repeat

Fold all day. Not really worth playing even if you can limp. This hand is practically built to win small pots and lose big pots. Low cards suck in Omaha, and they suck even worse in DBO because the two boards mean your variance is reduced significantly (like running it twice). Even on the best of boards, you will almost never scoop, and your strongest one-way hands are always vulnerable unless they're quads or a straight flush.

If you're just playing for the excitement of seeing lots of cards and hitting big hands, then yeah, this hand offers multiple opportunities for quads and straight flushes (double suited, yeah?). But if you're playing to win, it's a shitty hand in regular Omaha, and even more so in DBO.

In a standard game (not full of pro's) Big O is a nutted game. In the game I play in there is very very little fold equity to be had.

And I am pretty certain at least 3 of the people who voted 'fold' here would absolutely flat call in actual game.
Not naming names of course ( but you know who you are:cool:)
In fact at least one of you would raise !

I agree, theres almost nothing worse than flopping an under boat, and knowing it.
As loose as some may think my call is, i can tighten up and fold a boat in that situation post flop.
I can’t. :sick::mad::oops: Well, at least that one time.

Regarding skipping the burn before the turn v. the river . . .

The purpose of the burn is to keep the next card in play from being seen in the unlikely but non-zero chance that a player might be able to determine that card based on a mark or flaw. The goal is to keep that card from being seen for as long as possible.

I'm in the camp who think that it's more important to protect the often-game-changing river card than it is to protect the turn card. This is also the reason that we don't pre-deal the board face down (in which burn cards are just silly).

Except for the initial deal, a card should be burned before each dealer motion. For multiple boards, it's burn, flop cards, action, burn, turn cards, action, burn, river cards, action.

Regarding skipping the burn before the turn v. the river . . .

The purpose of the burn is to keep the next card in play from being seen in the unlikely but non-zero chance that a player might be able to determine that card based on a mark or flaw. The goal is to keep that card from being seen for as long as possible.

I'm in the camp who think that it's more important to protect the often-game-changing river card than it is to protect the turn card. This is also the reason that we don't pre-deal the board face down (in which burn cards are just silly).

Except for the initial deal, a card should be burned before each dealer motion. For multiple boards, it's burn, flop cards, action, burn, turn cards, action, burn, river cards, action.

A counter argument might be that there are as many or more hands that go to a turn than to the river (by definition). So by burning the flop and turn, you're maximizing the overall number of streets that get a burn card. Granted when we play double board PLO there aren't too many hands that end on the turn, but it does happen occasionally. In those cases, there would be a "wasted" burn card that never got used when it could have been if you burn the flop and river.

If we are worried about running out of cards during the hand we could quit coming up with game variants that have multiple boards, lots of extra hole cards & split pots just to satisfy everyone's need for more action.....

....ducks :sneaky::whistle: :whistling:

If we are worried about running out of cards during the hand we could quit coming up with game variants that have multiple boards, lots of extra hole cards & split pots just to satisfy everyone's need for more action.....

Or just play double deck poker with 104 cards and watch the chips fly!

(in truth I hate circus games, but when in Rome...)

Or maybe we need to stop jamming so damn many people onto a poker tabe.

Or maybe we need to stop jamming so damn many people onto a poker table.

Look, we thought long and hard about not inviting @MatB and just playing seven handed. But in the end, his large bankroll, coolers full of beer, and mediocre preflop play was just too appealing to overlook.

this is all great, but Damnit ... where are the results and affected players !!!

I think he said somewhere earlier in the thread that it was someone who did fold 66322 preflop and would have made quads during the hand. So not much to talk about if that's the case.

I think he said somewhere earlier in the thread that it was someone who did fold 66322 preflop and would have made quads during the hand. So not much to talk about if that's the case.

ahhh .. .yeah ... that post. I may have just skimmed over that. sorry...

this is all great, but Damnit ... where are the results and affected players !!!

Whatever happened, I'm pretty sure @derekdd23 was in the hand and was always playing for the nuts on both boards.
In fact I think I saw a look of confusion come across his face when he didn't have a str8 flush EVERY hand ....

Lol my Saturday was basically lessons on why pre flop hand selection matters as administered by Professor Paulo. Kind of depressing to get hammered because you forget the basics after playing this game for twenty years. :confused:

I dont always flop quads, sometime i turn them :D

On the button or cutoff I probably call and pot control or fold to big action with an underset. I fold from any early or mid position.

The key to these hands is knowing when to fold, if you are not good at dumping a strong hand, you should probably just avoid hands like this all together.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom