CPC/Paulson/TRK/Chipcos (1 Viewer)

detroitdad

Royal Flush
Reaction score
My modest collection of cash set's.

What I like about the mix of sets is that each one brings something a little different the poker experience when they hit the felt.

20170626_054929.jpg
20170626_054924.jpg
20170626_055000.jpg
20170626_054953.jpg
20170626_054934.jpg
20170626_055013.jpg
20170626_055041.jpg

Last edited:
As I was saying. Each set brings something different to the ball game.

The chipcos are worn and beat up. At a dime a chip. It gives me a deep limit set for a 2/4 or 3/6 structure. I think were going to try and set a game up next month at @Marc Hedrick place.

The Sunsets were my first custom clay cash set. There is a story behind it. It basically commemorative to my wife's and I marriage and our 20 year celebration (8 years ago). Realistically, this is the only "untouchable set".

The custom bourbon set is a great theme. It gives me the quarter pie set that I have wanted ever since laying hands on the Armory sample set. @p5woody nailed the design. Who the hell doesn't love the B mold chip :)

What the CPC's don't have are the vibrant colors and buttery smooth chips like the PNY set brings. I love the giant inlay, the colors, and the feel. Oh my god, they are so smooth to shuffle it is ridiculous. WOW...........

The TR Kings. The feel, and weight of the chip is something that neither the Paulson or CPC brings to the table. It is probably the most unique set that I have. I love a nice hot stamp. The New China Club ones cover my hot stamp need for me. The orange Money Tree five screams sexiness!!!!

Thanks to everyone for helping my put these sets together.

I love that you did all quarter pies on the customs. I have mixed feelings about QPs and HPs in a set, because they can look a little disconnected from the chips with edge spots, but I really like the way the all QPs look in the Bourbon Basements. Had you seen a set of all QPs that inspired you?

I love that you did all quarter pies on the customs. I have mixed feelings about QPs and HPs in a set, because they can look a little disconnected from the chips with edge spots, but I really like the way the all QPs look in the Bourbon Basements. Had you seen a set of all QPs that inspired you?

Yes, @Psypher1000 our themes and color palettes are completely different. This is what led me down the quarter pie path.

58711-1f6a520d59626c51c3e99c99a788426e.jpg
58712-801cd03c532183aab9c75a37a442eef1.jpg

Last edited:
Nice. On yours, I love the side with the barred denomintation and the way it sort of ties the two opposing QPs together. Just looks so right.

The Sunsets were my first custom clay cash set. There is a story behind it. It basically commemorative to my wife's and I marriage and our 20 year celebration (8 years ago). Realistically, this is the only "untouchable set".

Plus the sunsets have the special Brayden chip, definitely a personal set for you. I think it's real cool that you love your family so much, even if our tastes don't align perfectly this is still one of my favorite sets on the board for the simple reasons that you love it so much and the story behind it. If you are a person that loves poker and make a custom set what better way to honor your family than taking the opportunity to bring a design/theme to life that will always remind you of that... Good stuff. Nice sets bud.

Nice. On yours, I love the side with the barred denomintation and the way it sort of ties the two opposing QPs together. Just looks so right.

Thank you for the compliments sir. I appreciate it. @p5woody did a hell of a job for me.

Plus the sunsets have the special Brayden chip, definitely a personal set for you. I think it's real cool that you love your family so much, even if our tastes don't align perfectly this is still one of my favorite sets on the board for the simple reasons that you love it so much and the story behind it. If you are a person that loves poker and make a custom set what better way to honor your family than taking the opportunity to bring a design/theme to life that will always remind you of that... Good stuff. Nice sets bud.

Thank you. You nailed it. My passion for my family happens to coincide with my passion for chips. It simply made sense to honor them with my custom set.

I love the ever changing sets to complement those terrific customs! I'm proud to say both sets have seen the table at my house!

D

Do not love it at all....don't settle.

Out of the three different 25 that I've tried I like these the best by far. I won't know for sure until they hit the felt which will probably be a couple months from now.

They look good in stacks close up with lighting. But I know for me, after a few Jack Sodas...I would be betting $75 trying to limp into a pot. That's just at some of the games I play.

That would fall under the rules of being stupidly fucked up. My game has a bunch of causal drinkers. Nobody is "usually " getting hammered up, usually lol.

Great looking chips but probably not the best watch with the CC $1. 2 very similar colors shared and not a ton of $5's in the set means the $25's will see plenty of action, not just be a token color up chip sitting on the big stacks pile.

With the way your group enjoys some good bourbon it could create issues.

Even more than the aTRKs? TRK are by far my favorite...I've owned rounders, deadwoods, and a few others. They have such a satisfying clacking sound and feel

Two completely different feels and sounds. I like both alot. Can't really compare them

Blue red with blue red, this is close to a no go. I like them but you need a totally different base color imo.

Your probably right. I like them enough to at least give it a shot. Technically they are a different base color. Turquoise/red and Blue/Red/Yellow :) I probably won't be hosting until OCT (13th most likely). I'll try them out then. If not, I'll ship them back to @AWenger I'm hoping with the improved lighting that they won't be a problem.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom