CPC NUTS TOURNAMENT part DEUX (5 Viewers)

Himewad

Straight Flush
Supporter
Reaction score
Part one was the roulette mold solids set. Part deux is my dream set. Custom CPCs on the CSQ mold.

I chose the CSQ mold because (1) it's my personal favorite, along with DSQ, and (2) I think the circle-squares resemble acorns, so it goes with the theme nicely.

I love the tree bark background. And if you notice, the tree bark pattern isn't repeated on any denomination (or even front and back, for that matter). Just to give each chip a little more authenticity.

I also love the "blind squirrel" who, of course, "always finds the NUTS." And the color-matched lenses in the sunglasses is perfect.

T25 - Dayglo Green base / Blue / White
T100 - Black base / Retro Lavender / Dayglo Peach
T500 - Dayglo Peacock base / Dark Blue / Dayglo Arc Yellow
T1000 - Dayglo Yellow base / Retro Red / Dayglo Pink
T5000 - Dayglo Tiger base / Blurple / Gray

IMG_7860.jpeg

IMG_7859.jpeg

IMG_7858.jpeg

IMG_7857.jpeg

IMG_7843.jpeg

IMG_7846.jpeg

IMG_7848.jpeg

IMG_7849.jpeg

IMG_7850.jpeg

IMG_7819.jpeg

IMG_7820.jpeg

IMG_7821.jpeg

IMG_7822.jpeg

IMG_7823.jpeg

IMG_7833.jpeg

Last edited:
So, I've started buying CSQ chips to build a set, and, I realize this is your dream set, but, I'll call dibs. How soon can we start splitting then racks up??

Really nice set. I seriously started building a set of CSQ, and, I really like that mold. I'm jealous, you got nice swag!

Part one was the roulette mold solids set. Part deux is my dream set. Custom CPCs on the CSQ mold.

T25 - Dayglo Green base / Blue / White
T100 - Black base / Retro Lavender / Dayglo Peach
T500 - Dayglo Peacock / Dark Blue / Dayglo Arc Yellow
T1000 - Dayglo Yellow / Retro Red / Dayglo Pink
T5000 - Dayglo Tiger / Blurple / Gray

View attachment 1139168
View attachment 1139169
View attachment 1139170
View attachment 1139171
View attachment 1139172
View attachment 1139173
View attachment 1139174
View attachment 1139175
View attachment 1139176
View attachment 1139177
View attachment 1139178
View attachment 1139179
View attachment 1139180
View attachment 1139181
View attachment 1139182
Fire!

Absolutely love this set. The color combos really pop, and the inlay is just perfect. Great work!

My set should be here in a week or two; here’s hoping I love my set as much as I love yours …

So glad you took The Nuts design to CPCs and nailed the design and colors. Set looks better with every new pic.

So glad you took The Nuts design to CPCs and nailed the design and colors. Set looks better with every new pic.
Thanks - I love the NUTS theme. I tried to have fun with it. I do wish I could capture the true colors better with my phone camera. In my basement, I thought the blue, yellow and green chips were the best chips in the set. In natural lighting, I lean toward the black and orange chips. I guess that just means I love them all.

I have found a few “error” chips so far. Most of the “errors” I found were just due to the fact that my chips have a different inlay on the front and back. So the chip was flipped. Honestly, I expected to find many more of that type of error than I have found so far. But I plan to do a full inspection sometime soon to look for more true edge spot errors or to see if any chips have the same inlay on each side.

T25 … correct chip on left. Chips on the right were flipped.
IMG_7876.jpeg

T100 … correct chip on the left. Chips on the right were flipped.
IMG_7877.jpeg

T500 … correct chip on the left. Chips on the top right were flipped. Chip on bottom right has a legit edge spot error.
IMG_7878.jpeg

T1000 … correct chip on the left. Chips on the right were flipped.
IMG_7879.jpeg

T5000 … correct chip on the left. Chip on the right has a legit edge spot error.
IMG_7880.jpeg

The more I build my tournament chip sets, the less I like the jump from T5000 to T25000. It's just such a big change in denomination, that those chips hardly ever get used. So I like the idea of a T10000 denomination, instead. But I'm leaning toward a plaque instead of a chip. Not 100%, but that's my current line of thinking.

My solids set uses a T10000 chip, and those always hit the felt at the end of the night. Just enough of them to make a splash.

IMG_6452.jpeg

I can’t stop taking pictures of these things! They look even better in the natural light coming in through the window as opposed to my basement lighting.

View attachment 1140230View attachment 1140231View attachment 1140232View attachment 1140233View attachment 1140234
View attachment 1140254
View attachment 1140236
Standard Matsui racks? I need to get some, thankfully I can order direct from Matsui here in the UK, I thought they were too small though!

Also, I love this set so much. Bravo!

Standard Matsui racks? I need to get some, thankfully I can order direct from Matsui here in the UK, I thought they were too small though!

Also, I love this set so much. Bravo!
Thank you! These racks are actually the Apache racks that cloned the Matsui racks. They also have the 3D3P rack trays in them, which I really like. Hugs the chips more like a regular rack.

IMG_7882.jpeg

Usually out of every set there's one chip that just grabs me and it's the $500 in this set. That chip is beautiful!

Both of your sets are great, is the other set a Paulson Roulette chip?

Usually out of every set there's one chip that just grabs me and it's the $500 in this set. That chip is beautiful!

Both of your sets are great, is the other set a Paulson Roulette chip?
yep, Paulson roulette mold.

Handmade by clay chip artisans...
I'm certainly not complaining! I'm trying to figure out how to make a game out of finding an error chip in your stack.

Maybe something like, if you find an error chip in your stack, you can turn it in for two chips of the same denomination. Since we play tournaments, it's not a huge deal. I might just need to keep a wrap on the T5000 error chip, though.

So far I have found 13 error chips: 9 with flipped spots, and 4 with edge spots out of order.

discovery channel eating GIF

Holy….!!!!

James - you’ve outdone yourself! Let me know when samples are available. Truly epic set!

The more I see of these the more I love them! I agree about outdoor lighthing, I need to try this with mine. We have a couple of summer games here each July/August. I can't wait!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom