Hoser Hut 2.0 - Bring Your "Eh" Game! (3 Viewers)

cpac54

4 of a Kind
Supporter
Reaction score

First things first, I owe a huge amount of thanks to @ReallyGoodUsername and @JeepologyOffroad, as well as @Johnny5 for the tremendous amount of help and feedback they provided me throughout the design process. Like my chipping journey since starting out in 2018, the design of this set took many twists and turns and without their willingness to act as sounding boards for me, I'm certain this set wouldn't have been anywhere close to as good as it ended up being. Additionally, the countless amazing custom sets that this community has produced and continues to produce never ceases to serve as inspiration for my own designs. The process of creating this particular set was a true joy and in the end, it turned out better than I could have hoped - indeed, after getting it into play this past weekend for the first time, I would go so far as to say that this set brings me the most joy and satisfaction out of any of the sets I own. And with that, on to the reason we're all here!

Hoser Hut
"Bring Your "Eh" Game!"
Manufacturer:
Classic Poker Chips (CPC)
Mold: CSQ
Artwork: @Johnny5
Production Year: 2023

Original "Hoser Hut Poker" set and background story: https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/hoser-hut-poker-cpc-md-50-cash-set.69596/

_MG_2548.jpg
_MG_2511-3.jpg
_MG_2475.jpg
_MG_2471.jpg

The Line-Up:
_MG_2482-2.jpg

Dayglo Pink, Maroon, Retro Red, Bright White

_MG_2483-4.jpg

Dayglo Peacock, Dayglo Peach, Dark Blue

_MG_2492-2.jpg

Dayglo Arc Yellow, Lavender, Retro Red, Dayglo Tiger

_MG_2498-2.jpg

Light Green, Retro Green, Dayglo Yellow

_MG_2507-2.jpg

Black, Light Blue, Lavender, Dayglo Pink

_MG_2563-5.jpg

Well done! I see the inspirations taken for the frac, $1, and $20, and the $5 and $100 around them were executed very, very nicely. Can't wait for my sample!

Everyone needs to stop stealing all my best ideas before I can tell them they are my ideas…I’m pretty sure I thought of these first.

Oh well…back to the drawing board.

Well done! I see the inspirations taken for the frac, $1, and $20, and the $5 and $100 around them were executed very, very nicely. Can't wait for my sample!
I can’t speak to the frac and the $20, but the $1 was definitely inspired by the RPC $1. I actually struggled a fair bit about whether to go with it, given that the colours have been used in a few sets. In the end though, it’s a colour combo I couldn’t say no to, so here we are.

I wanted to bump the charity sample set sale just now, but it’s apparently too old and is now locked. I’ll be reaching out to all the people how donated in the next week or so once I have all the samples, dealer buttons, etc. sorted out!

I can’t speak to the frac and the $20, but the $1 was definitely inspired by the RPC $1. I actually struggled a fair bit about whether to go with it, given that the colours have been used in a few sets. In the end though, it’s a colour combo I couldn’t say no to, so here we are.

I wanted to bump the charity sample set sale just now, but it’s apparently too old and is now locked. I’ll be reaching out to all the people how donated in the next week or so once I have all the samples, dealer buttons, etc. sorted out!
Frac= Tiger Secondary quarter
$20= Casa Mango $20 by @Eloe2000

Was going to say Silver Saddle $1 for the $1, but same thing lol

Frac= Tiger Secondary quarter
$20= Casa Mango $20 by @Eloe2000

Was going to say Silver Saddle $1 for the $1, but same thing lol
Believe it or not, the frac design pre-dates the Tigers by a fair bit. In fact, it was one of the first chips I mocked up when I started working on this back in early 2022. I tried a bunch of iterations, but kept coming back to what ended up being the final design. In fact, strangely enough, the $1, $5, $20 and $100 all went through a literal shit-tonne of iterations (I spent a long time considering 3TA316 for the $1 and 414418 for the $5). In the end though, my final lineup ended up being not too far off of what some of my initial concepts were.

This was one of my very first mock-ups when starting out...
1688397359285.png

I remember thinking that the black 6QADS18 was genius until @ReallyGoodUsername was kind enough to point out that @Eloe2000 had used the exact same design in his Mango set! :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Wow, AWESOME!!! Congrats! I hope there are samples!
These are stunners. Every time I think I'm "done" chipping, something makes me want another set. Thanks a lot.

Man you did a wonderful job on this set :love:
IMG_3779.gif

Congratulations !!! :tup:

Those are fantastic, are you letting go of any sample sets?

Oh yeah, if not all sample sets have been claimed already, I'd like to sign up for one! :)

I did a charity sale for sample sets a few months back, so most are already spoken for. I may have a very limited qty. left over once I get those samples out the door.

Surprised The Mask GIF

Congratulations Conor! Your set is really amazing!
Now organize the long-awaited Swiss meetup. I say this in a very interested way, because I could see these beauties IRL!

PS: Thanks for sharing. The $100 chip inspires me a lot for my own project.

Tagging those who donated towards my charity ride way back in February (https://www.pokerchipforum.com/thre...nation-only-10-available.100996/#post-2090712)

1. @LinkyBabe
2. @citationjeff
3. @LeGold
4. @JMC9389
5. @liftapint

6. @Suited Connector
7. @BarrieJ3
8. @davislane
9. @72o
10. @BlueChipSpecial

Will be working on getting these packed up and out to you all in the next week. I don't think I grabbed shipping information from everyone, so if each of you would be so kind as to PM your full names and shipping addresses as soon as convenient, I'd be grateful! Will update once all the packages are out. Thanks again to all of you for your generous donations, I hope you like these chips as much as I do!

76C87256-67BD-4FFD-955F-51413982E7F5 2.jpeg

Tagging those who donated towards my charity ride way back in February (https://www.pokerchipforum.com/thre...nation-only-10-available.100996/#post-2090712)

1. @LinkyBabe
2. @citationjeff
3. @LeGold
4. @JMC9389
5. @liftapint

6. @Suited Connector
7. @BarrieJ3
8. @davislane
9. @72o
10. @BlueChipSpecial

Will be working on getting these packed up and out to you all in the next week. I don't think I grabbed shipping information from everyone, so if each of you would be so kind as to PM your full names and shipping addresses as soon as convenient, I'd be grateful! Will update once all the packages are out. Thanks again to all of you for your generous donations, I hope you like these chips as much as I do!

View attachment 1164311
P.S. I failed to photograph them, but the extra $1 and $0.25 chips from the original CPC Hoser Hut set are of course included!

Also getting in line for a potential sample set... fingers crossed! The $1 chip is especially nice.

Congrats on your new set!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom